Comments By icecold24k

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0738097001581217086-34789.jpg avatar
  • icecold24k
  • 7 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Starting with Wilson Logistics

On a lighter note. You’ve heard of Elf on the Shelf? My trainer invented Suck on the truck.

0639310001570399654.jpg

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif and to think I had such high hopes for Baker Mayfield to get things turned around in Cleveland.

CDL Training With TransTech School

Very good stuff.. Good luck and keep these updates coming. Even though you may not get a lot of replies I assure you people are reading these.

Big decision time

Honestly I do not see anything wrong with this. You are in good standing with your company and it will be a move within the same company so I think it would be okay. The weather and cost of living would be a lot better and if it is something that really suits your needs, and you really want to do it then I say go for it. Just do you research on moving and know 100% this is what you want to do.

Moving Forward with Veriha - (pronounced VERY - ha)

Congratulations!!! I for one will be pulling for you. You got a rough start already but I have faith. Keep the focus, take your time and absorb every bit of information that you can. Keep us updated. You got this buddy.

My jacket!

Congrats!!!!

Passed my permit test and all the endorsements but haz (starting School)

Good to see that you are still hanging in there and you seem to have a good attitude. That is terrible about the equipment and the situation there. This is a huge reason why on this forum it is usually suggested to go the Company Sponsored Training route. Best of luck there and do update to let us know how this all turns out.

Drug testing for CDL school

Thank you, those things I already knew. I was more curious about the actual schools policy. I'll just show up tomorrow and let them know what is going on. Honesty is the best policy, but sometimes people judge before they know.

No problem. I do however second everything Rob T said. If there is any chance at all that you will fail then you really need to put off going to school until you are 100% sure that you will come back clean. A failed drug test could pretty much kill your career before you even get it started.

Drug testing for CDL school

I am sure they probably do a standard 5 panel urine DOT drug test that now includes an extended opiate panel. Just guessing here. A lot of companies are now doing hair folice testing, however I would assume a school would just do a urine test.

Want to lose weight? Try flatbed

Yes!! There is a bit of truth to this. Flatbedding can keep you in shape as you are quite regularly staying active on every single load. You will be securing every load with chains or straps and tarping a lot. So yes the job is quite physical and it does break up the monotony of just driving. It even gives you a small sense of accomplishment with each load you do when you look at it and think man that securement or tarping looks good. When I did flatbed I did lose some weight, but at the same time I also had a decent diet.

Trucking as a new career.

Welcome aboard and best of luck on your new journey. You should consider starting a journal over in the CDL training diary section so that we can follow along as you track your ups and downs. This is an exciting time and you will be very busy learning. Just be patient and be like a sponge absorbing all that you can and one day it will all come together.

Unwritten Trucker Pro-Tips (Feat. Kearsey)

Interstate exit signs usually mark the exits at one and two miles in advance. The exit number is at the top of the sign on a separate board. If that exit number board is flush with the left of the larger sign, it's a left exit. If the exit number board is flush with the right side of the sign, it's a right exit!

This is actually a cut and paste from something I read, but this is how I knew if my exit coming up would be a left or right exit.

Bullitt's New Journey

Welcome aboard and welcome to the new exciting journey you are about to embark on. There are a ton of resources on this site and a lot of people here with a vast knowledge of things. You can always get questions answered here and find people to support you or give you advice on every step of your journey. Best of luck to you and I will be looking out for your future updates.

Safety Concerns

. There's nothing like having a great foundation under you. Of course you know that already, being that you are working in construction right now.

I see what you did there.. Very clever. rofl-2.gif

Hit the Driver Appreciation cookout Trifecta.

I missed out on the free food this week. I am on vacation so I missed our cookout and giveaways. Glad you guys were able to score enough for me also. rofl-3.gifsmile.gif

Regional over OTR?

Hi there Joel, getting a regional job where you are home for the weekends or for a 34 hour restart shouldn't be a problem at all. There are many companies, especially the larger ones who have a lot of regional and dedicated opportunities even for brand new drivers with a fresh CDL. Be sure and get with the recruiters and they will be more than happy to discuss these with you. Best of luck.

Team vs solo driving

IMHO teaming would be a no go for me. I don't think I could even team with my best friend. Sure you may get along good with someone, however living with someone in a truck the size of half your bedroom will change that really quickly. Small things will start to irritate you about each other and eventually you won't be able to stand the sight of the other person. Also the income may not be the greatest depending on your teammates work ethic. He will have some control over your income also depending on how hard they want to run. Consider this very carefully before jumping in.

Took off with the wrong load today!

I thought you were going to type that you'd grabbed the wrong trailer.rofl-3.gif

This is what I was waiting for also. rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

Poor trainer

No it is not always like this and honestly it should never be like this. So I am confused, did you already quit and go home? If not then there are things you can do to resolve this. Start by speaking with your fleet manager and the training department at your company. If you just up and quit then that would be a huge mistake on your part. Reach out to someone and see if this can be addressed. Maybe like stated already have a heart to heart conversation with your trainer. While the behavior is no excuse maybe your trainer was having a bad day. Who knows maybe you two can work it out among yourselves and later look back at this and laugh.

The Corn Is As High As An Elephant's Eye...

The Raiders are hosting the Chiefs for the 4:00 pm game this Sunday.

Wonder if their biggest fan will be parked in time to see them lose?

He may not have a paycheck, but at least he has the fulfillment of watching the game lol. We couldn't expect him to maybe listen to it on the SiriusXm while turning miles now could we? rofl-3.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-3.gif

My time at CFI officially came to an end. 😩

Oh man this is a real bummer. I really hate to hear that. Good to see though that you did leave on good terms and you have an open invitation to come back once you get your health back in order and get the medical card issue resolved. Keep your head up and keep doing what you need to do to fix this. I have faith in you and truly wish you the best. Do keep us updated in the future and please do stick around the forums.