Comments By icecold24k

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0738097001581217086-34789.jpg avatar
  • icecold24k
  • Comments:

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

Sounds like things are moving along just fine and going pretty good. Just keep hanging in there and plugging along and training will be over before you know it. I had a friend work for Western Express, he did dry van there. He had no real complaints and did pretty good there. Keep the updates coming.

Headsets

Personally I cant stand the big headsets most drivers use. Instead I prefer the neckband with earbuds similiar to This. I had a pair that lasted me over a year and a half doing foodservice delivery even in the rain. My wife said she often couldn't hear the noise of the truck either. I believe it cost $40 at Walmart.

I have something similar to these. I have the LG brand and they have been flawless. I absolutely love them. The are kind of discreet and I don't have to look silly when I forget to take a bulky headset off and walk inside a store or something. The sound quality is good and everyone says they hear me really good.

Can a company driver be forced to pay for fuel?

This whole situation is crazy that they would even make you wait to get a credit card from them to fuel their truck. Generally any reputable carrier has that ready to go and you are given a fuel card before you are even given a truck. I would be very leery of this whole situation. It sounds to me like a company that may be on the verge of folding up. I could be wrong but that is just my feeling. We generally don't advise people to move on from a company too often but in your case I would strongly consider it. Best of luck to you and hopefully they get that card to you soon.

Got bucked off the bronco (I flipped), taking some time to recover, and getting back in the saddle!

Wow! This is so scary. Glad you are okay though and didn't suffer anything to major. Take your time, clear your thoughts and heal up.

Griffin CDL Diary- Wilson Logistics

Good luck on your exciting new adventure and I will be looking forward to your future updates.

Prime CDL Training Salt Lake City - January 2019

That is a pretty truck. I know I’m a guy lol but I have always liked the purple trucks.

New Class A CDL

Well that escalated quickly.

PSA: Serious as a heart attack.

Omg wow this is so scary! This is one of my biggest fears and it seems no matter how good of health you are in it could happen to anyone. One of our drivers passed away a couple of months ago while driving. He had enough bearings to pull over to the shoulder of the road and proceeded to have a massive heart attack. I am truly sorry to hear that you suffered this but I am very happy to hear you are okay now and that you made the right decision to go to the hospital. Always listen to your body, very good advice and thanks for sharing this.

Looks like Dutch Maid Logistics 3/2 or 3/9 works!

Sounds awesome Marc. I see their trucks running around occasionally. Good luck and keep us updated.

Walmart Private Fleet

This diary is a really good read. Congratulations on the new job and I will definitely be following along and looking forward to future updates.

This stinks. Pam Transportation just said that they were not going to extend a job offer and I was almost done with my refresher course...

It was because when I was fired it was because of my accident/incidents. So now I feel desperate. I want to convince travis in safety to see if I can convince him otherwise.

Just a quick question. Why did they decide not to extend your job offer? Did they explain why? Was it because of your backing?

Understandable. It wouldn't hurt to try and talk to them and plead you case and hope for the best, however, I wouldn't get my hopes up as it is more than likely the insurance company not wanting to take the risk on you. If all else fails take Bretts advice and apply literally everywhere that you can and make as many phone calls as possible.

Training With Pam Transportation Started on 10/21/2019.

Sounds like things are going really good so far over at PAM. Good job on the early testing you did so far, just keep plugging along. Keep a good attitude and just focus on the end goal. Best of luck.

CDL School

Good to hear! I been reading your diary. Don't overthink it you got this. I know it seems like a lot right now as you are learning so many things. I promise the more you do this it will become second nature. Good luck!

Moving Forward with Veriha - (pronounced VERY - ha)

Good luck! Hopefully like you said you will know something soon. Let us know.

Moving Forward with Veriha - (pronounced VERY - ha)

That is really terrible to hear Marc. Hopefully they can get the medical situation straightened out for you, so you can finally get your driving career up and running. Maybe like you said try J-Mar at this point it wouldn't hurt trying. Good luck and keep us updated.

Melton truck lines

Good on you for doing the right thing and arranging to pay off the contract at CR England. Best of luck at Melton I talked to a lot of their drivers before and they all seemed pretty happy. Flatbed is a whole different animal but if you have the right mindset and time management skills there is no reason you can't succeed.

R E West transportation

RE West is nearish to where I live. They haul a ton of hot water heaters out of Ashland City, Tn and most of these are multi stop driver assist unload. As far as I know you will just basically tailgate them. I do know they offer training with no commitment. They run nice looking equipment and there hometime is fairly decent. That is about all I can offer on them. Give them a call I am sure they will be glad to fill you in on details.

Not sure what company to go with

The way I feel about training is the more the better. When I went through Prime it was only 40,000 miles and I could not wait to get off of my trainers truck. I thought this was entirely too long and felt like I knew everything to be successful. Boy was I wrong. When I left his truck and upgraded I was lost for about the first month. When the harsh reality set in that I was on my own I was like a deer in headlights. I honestly at that point wished it was longer. The phase will fly by I can promise you that. Just embrace and and be a sponge, ask tons of questions (there are no stupid questions) and learn all that you can. You got this.

CDL Training With TransTech School

Congrats!! Well done!! Keep it up!!