Profile For Matt W.

Matt W.'s Info

San Diego, CA

In CDL School

4 years, 6 months ago

Matt W.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Chalk up another win for the TT team.

Well I am now on the long list of success stories for the high road training program. Got my permit today with my doubles/ triple, tankers, passenger endorsements and passed the hazmat test as well. It feels so good to be one step closer to the goal. I don't post a lot because I have been able to just read and have most my questions answered by this awesome site. Now that I can give first hand account of how great the training program is I want to help the next person up by letting them know. I barely even opened the California Manual it was dry and hard to read but the high road program teaches you in a way that you can't help but learn. I was never a good student, so if you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of material ( like I was) just keep plugging away at it. You will find yourself learning more than you thought. Thanks again!

Permit day

Thanks for the encouragement Old School. I look forward to the day when I see your grey knight sapa truck rolling down the road.

Permit day

Tomorrow is the day. I feel like I know the material and have fried my brain studying but I haven't taken a test in a real long time. I'm going to try and knock out all the endorsements too. I'm sure it will be fine but man am I ready to just get it out of the way and move on to the next step. Brett you hear it all the time but let me say it too, big thanks for the high road. I was never the best student but that program of yours is a great teaching tool. Well enough break time, back for some last cram session. Wish me well and be safe.

CDL License

Errol stated:

The TT recommendation is to get your permit locally, including physical, before school starts

Like I said...

That one made me laugh Errol, thanks.

Prime Inc upfront cost

Hey Ben, I know this one. It's $155, 100 for program entry fee and 55 for permit and licensing fees. That is what I was told by my recruiter. Also some extra living cash won't hurt.

Truckers 'traveling the country for free'

Great pics Old School. I really love the one of the tree, we don't get "seasons" like that here.

Hazmat

Was in my home town this past week stopped by the hall of records. Walked in, the form was right at the front door so I filled it out before I ever even got in line. The line consisted of two people at the two open windows then me. Walked up said good morning handed the nice lady my form paid $28 and she printed out a new birth certificate. I said "thank you very much for your help" and was back out the door in under ten minutes.

Anyone in Springfield?

Daniel are you looking for a student right away or did I read in another post you were going to go solo for a little while first? That being said I will not be there on those dates was just interested to know your game plan. Would love to be able to pick your brain sometime in the future to gain some knowledge.

Schneider new family dollar account deal good or bad

Daniel's point of not comparing yourself to others is a great one. Decide for yourself if your happy with what your doing. The truth is someone will always have a "better deal" than you. I bet even warren buffet wishes he was a younger billionaire. Point is figure if your situation makes you happy and you won't have to worry if someone has it "better". Oh and by the way congrats on what sounds like an awesome gig.

Posted:  4 years ago

Remember the fallen.

My Grandfather now 94 always tells the story of being in a little store in Arkansas and someone running in and yelling "they bombed Pearl harbor". He says they all looked at each other and said "where the hell is Pearl harbor". Everyone sure knew where it was after that day. He was one of the many that went out and joined right up. Great generation indeed. Seems crazy that next year will be 75 years since then. Scott is right I've been there it is truly an amazing sight.

Posted:  4 years ago

When to know its time to go.

Good to know. Thanks. That's what I love about this forum, I keep learning things I wouldn't even have known to ask.

Posted:  4 years ago

When to know its time to go.

Ok I'll ask, when chaining your tires what were the bungy cords for? I from San Diego, snow is a mystery to me.

Posted:  4 years ago

Knight CDL School Diary

Congrats!dancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gif

Officially Solo :)

Having read your journey, this awesome to hear! I'm so happy for you. I know you have earned it. congrats sunshine and have fun and be safe.good-luck.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gif

Happy Birthday Brett!

Happy Bday!

Happy Birthday...

As my grandpa would say, I was 24 once but I can't remember it lol. Happy Bday.

Hypothetical Tax Question: If my state of record is AZ, but I work for Prime ...

I hope your wife does your taxes Daniel or somebody from California might come a knocking soon.rofl-3.gif

Errol...movin' up in the world?

Great move Brett! Well deserved Errol.

Passed my permit today

Nice work! Congrats!

New grad out of southwest truck driving school in tucson

I've seen those same adds here on craigs list. I know that Old School use to run for western express and says he loved it there. I"m sure he will chime in when he sees this.