Profile For Auggie69

Auggie69's Info

NC

Rookie Solo Driver

4 years, 3 months ago

Auggie69's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Auggie69's Photo Gallery

Posted:  18 hours, 14 minutes ago

My logs are a mess

Sorry, missed the first part you guys are on the ELD now.

Login with your phone too at pfmlogin.com and choose ELD Driver Portal to check your logs.

You should see that the YM option will not decrease your drive time. I left the yard the other day with 7:59 left on my Drive line.

We use the peoplenet Logs. I don't see an option for yard moves. It's it under something else?

At this screen here, select Status and then YM

Sorry, missed the first part you guys are on the ELD now.

At this screen here select "Status" and then YM

Posted:  18 hours, 31 minutes ago

My logs are a mess

I'm assuming the small blips of "off duty" are your yard moves? How is that legal as you're moving around the yard for work purposes I'm assuming?

This was a very weird, as in "not normal" day.

The "Yard Moves" are the purple shaded entries.

I was originally tasked to run rails to the railyard. That's the first "Yard Moves" you see. Found my tractor then my rail van. Placarded the van, hooked, ready to run .... oh no! Joe Snuffy who was supposed to do a road run had a medical emergency! You need to go on a 600 mile road run!!

Huh?

Not only that but Snuffy had put his set in the shop to get an airleak fixed. While waiting for that, I put myself in "off duty" and ran to the store for provisions.

Get back and on the road. Not 45 minutes into my trip ... Oh no! Some dumbass flipped his pickup in the median. Barely make it to the rest area. Put myself "off duty" in hopes of the deadlocked traffic making it long enough for a 30 minute break for lunch.

Almost, but not quite.

The other "off duty" you see are pulling into rest areas and grabbing a snack and hitting the head.

Finally get to the meet point. Do my 30 minute break and my "yard moves" swapping trailers. That's about 1730 or so.

Again, coming back, hit the rest areas for relieving myself. Hey, that's off duty too :) Though, odd enough, I can hold it longer on the return trip.

Finally logged out about 2245 and waited for what most would call a "repower". 60 miles short of my terminal. No more duty hours.

Now, what's stupid is that had I been allowed to PC home, I could have saved my company money, I could have been home at a semi-decent hour and the customers who were waiting on the freight I was hauling could have gotten it on-time.

But because of the way these ridiculous rules are setup, I CANNOT ADVANCE THE FREIGHT! So because of Fed Law, I had to sit for ALMOST FIVE HOURS. Never mind that "advancing the freight" would have meant I could get to my home base early and my bed early.

I understand this could be abused so but a mileage/number of times per week limit on it.

Posted:  19 hours, 4 minutes ago

My logs are a mess

We got ours last month, we used to be able to start hooking a set before going "on duty" can not do that any more as soon as you move at all it records it. We have "yard move" when we are in one of our yards so it doesn't waste drive time. We can not use yard move at a meet point since it isn't fenced in with a guard shack or gate.

Interesting. I use Yard Move at Meet Points and it seems to work just fine. I'm swapping trailers so what else can DOT call it?

How do you do that? My yard time drained a lot of my clock

Uploading my last log from a very long day. If you look closely you can see I ran out of Duty Time and not Drive Time. Heck, I still had an hour of Drive Time left!!

Yard Moves at Meet Point

Posted:  19 hours, 17 minutes ago

My logs are a mess

Sorry, missed the first part you guys are on the ELD now.

Posted:  19 hours, 20 minutes ago

My logs are a mess

How do you do that? My yard time drained a lot of my clock

Yard Time will drain your duty clock but will not count against your Drive Time. Good for those long distance runs. Are you guys on the ELD or still on the AOBRD?

Posted:  1 day, 10 hours ago

Unwritten Trucker Pro-Tips (Feat. Kearsey)

If in town, when coming up on a traffic light, watch the display that counts down the seconds for pedestrians to cross. MOST of the time, when that display gets to zero, the light will turn yellow. This helps in anticipating traffic lights.

Posted:  2 days, 11 hours ago

Veriha, Swift, or Prime

I’ve lurked here for a little bit. I just got my CLP and looking to be paid while I train cause you know.... bills. I have narrowed or maybe not narrowed down my choices to the three above. I have my email full of info from their recruiters any insight or experiences about them. My background, greenhouse grower/ farm market chick for 20yrs. Use to drive. 14 and then 24’ strait box for deliveries. Big box stores did me in, been working retail for four years. Everyday I die a lil more inside. Lol. I need to get back out there.

Thanks

Where are you at?

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

Just quit the worst, best paying job I've ever had. When to say enough is enough?!

Not trying to start a pity party but I had a great paying "local" cabinet delivery gig that was absolutely horrible. I've been driving a little over ten years but after my last run I got back, cleaned out my truck and turned in my keys etc.

It was a dedicated job that was just absolutely chaotic. The customer we hauled for would sometimes let us sit at the dock for 5 hrs. Their customers hated us and them so we'd get punished "6 hr unload time with about 10 hr drive times". We were always late even though it wasn't our fault. They were constantly loading stuff incorrectly and stuff missing, damaged. My dispatch was constantly pushing our hrs. I'd usually get back with 5 min to spare with a ten hr turn around with a hr commute. We the drivers were constantly being stuck in the middle, taking up all the slack from 3 sides.

They would constantly send us to major North East cities on streets that were a nightmare to get in and out of. Drivers were constantly getting in accidents or damaging equipment. I always planned my runs pretty thoroughly to have them switch everything when I came in the morning. Like "oh you have an easy VA run tomorrow" come in " sorry you now have 3 stops in bronx/brooklyn"

I hung in there for 2 years but the last run was my breaking point. Delivered to a job site in brooklyn, was a ***** to back into, then they took their sweet ass time unloading, kept telling them my clock was running, they of course didn't care. I did everything i could to expedite the delivery. sorted all the cabinets, labeled everything even hopped on and off the truck to cart them in, all things that weren't required of me. Still no cooperation. They had me move my truck a bunch of times and I finally snapped . The super of the job site told me to move my truck after I refused unless they got me unloaded. We got into a heated debate. He accused me of delivering the load a day late, which wasn't my fault, shipper delayed the load by 7 hrs the day before. Shipper blamed it on us, saying we had a truck broke down, which was BS. I told the job supervisor to F off he told me to F off and leave so I left. My supervisor called said I had to go back, I did then they finally got their ass to move a tad quicker.

This sort of situation was happening on and off the whole time I was with the carrier. Concerns that were brought up about safety, hrs of service etc. were constantly ignored. Yeah, I know a lot of what I stated is just things that are "well that's trucking" but I had had enough. After 10 years of different BS from different carriers, idiots on the road, impossible dead lines, ever changing BS rules and regs etc etc etc etc. I think I'm ready to hang it up for good. Even the high amount of pay that carrier paid us we still had about 4 or 5 of 20 drivers leave.

Only bills I have are a modest mortgage and your basic utilities. Not married, no kids, no gf. Just me. So I'm gonna find something that pays the bills and walk away from trucking for awhile, maybe indefinitely.

What's the worst, best paying, job you've had to walk away from?

This'll be good :)

From Harrisburg - you should look into doing Intermodal. Decent money and all you do is move trailers to and from the rail yards.

HUB Group, Schneider, JB Hunt, I believe all are hiring there.

Posted:  2 days, 15 hours ago

My logs are a mess

Posted:  4 days, 12 hours ago

Oops! SWIFT pulled their job offer!

Safety cited my "2 months" driving for other companies.

Messaged Recruiter. Not expecting it to change.

shocked.png

FXF has nothing there. Try this:

Posted:  6 days, 10 hours ago

Ready Mix Truck Drivers

I am a 57 yr old female with a class B and am ready for a driving job, doesn't matter the long hours, do care about Health Insurance. I am seeing some Ready Mix driver jobs needing drivers around my home state. I don't have any experience, but I am a fast learner, not afraid of driving a big truck. I want to land this job that wants experience drivers but also said they will train. I have had to self teach myself online to get my class b and it took me less than a month and received my class b with air-brake and passenger endorsement. I have my medical card that is still valid. What can I say to this company to give me a shot?? I have driven a dump truck for about a month, but that was about a decade ago. I drove for UPS as a package car driver for over 10 yrs that required airbrake and medical card (DOT) I owned a 40 ft bus and drove it for my business for 3 yrs. I have driven a 27ft straight truck from Omaha Ne to Elpaso Tx and pick up a load of outdoor items and drive the load back too

Go back to being a UPS PCD for another 10 years.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Never Forget - 9/11

On the anniversary of 9/11, I'd like to share this with everyone...

On this day 18 years ago, 246 people went to sleep for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep for work tomorrow. 25 flight attendants packed their bags for their early reports. 343 firefighters, 60 police officers and 8 paramedics went to sleep for their morning shifts. 125 government employees prepared for meetings at the Pentagon. None of them got to see past 10:00 AM on Tuesday, September 11th 2001. Life can change so drastically in one single moment. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today, and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never ever take one second for granted. Remember and honor all these brave Heroes on 9/11... Never forget.

It's hard to believe but many of the younger drivers on the forum do not remember this attack. I will never forget it, as I was boarding a flight in Heathrow (UK) Airport, bound for Newark NJ airport. Returning from a long business trip, I learned of the news as I observed a woman rolling a cigar. Obviously I did not take-off that day as all flights into the US were cancelled indefinitely. Communication and information was sketchy, all I knew was that an additional plan crashed in rural PA. At the time of 9/11, I lived in a rural section of Chester County, near Downingtown. 2 days passed before I was able to connect with family. And this was crudely achieved by rigging up my laptop through the hotel TV, with an ancient 9600 baud modem. Better than nothing...

3 very long weeks later I returned to a very different environment, one void of the twin-towers; my last visual memory of them was when I took off at Newark. Little did I know at the time, they would fall 10 days later. Upon return, entering my car in the parking lot, the smoke I saw is all that remained. Surreal. I cried, because I knew there were associates who perished in the attack and that their families were forever broken. After that occurred...nothing was the same, and never will be.

God Bless the families who suffered loss resulting from that attack. Never forget...take nothing for granted, cherish every moment. Peace my friends.

In October 2001, I flew from Orlando to Boston. Smoke was still coming up from the hole in the ground.

Our office building in Orlando was right next to MCO. For a week after the attack no planes flew in or out. It was eerie.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Now they're talking about "smart" trailers

I love technology. My house is loaded with smart home technology. Even my chicken house is smart. Trailers have added skirts and tails to get better mpg. Monitors for 4 wheelers to see ahead is an excellent idea. Another great idea is a camera that transmits to the driver, like RVs have.

One of the trucks I drive has this. When you turn on the right turn signal a camera on that side turns on and displays an image down the right side of the truck and into the next lane.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Friday Short Haul - Detention-time comments, truck orders decline, diesel fuel shortage

"Where's the transportation spending bill we were all waiting for? Waiting so long that many have actually forgotten about it because it's not in the headlines, or the lead story on the news."

Shot down by Congress last year--no money to pay for it. With the corporate tax cut and discretionary spending increases of the past two years the federal budget deficit has exploded and the debt has resumed ballooning.

Corporations pass on their tax burden to the consumer.

The Treasury has increased their take of money every year for the past 10 years. Last year was no different.

Obama rang up $17 Trillion in debt increase. We'll have to see if the same happens under Trump

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Chain season is upon us.

We are not given chains in my area, only those who are required by law to have them are and they really are not supposed to use them unless in a emergency.

One of our new drivers who had just gone through chaining as part of his computer training asked when we were supposed to chain-up. I told him that we don't. If it's that bad outside we don't go out. A loaded trailer going out in the City is usually fine. It's coming back when you're empty that you can't get anywhere.

He then asked why chaining was part of the computer training. I said, "Oh, that's so you know how to chain your car so you can get to work." :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

Hey! Only 2 of those are NYC!

Ha! Yeah well as far as I'm concerned, anything within a 50 mile radius of NYC...... might as well be NYC. OK, so 4 stops

smile.gif

And holiday traffic on Monday. Good luck!

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

DOT Physical for UPS driver

I am trying to break into Driving later in life, age 57. I passed the Road Test now have DOT Physical. I have had treatment for Depression & anxiety for many yeats and take anti depressants, anit-anxiety meds & ambien to sleep. From what I have read my meds are automatic Disqualification. Since I am not trying to get a CDL or drive OTR do I still have a shot? Or should I stop taking meds and just not included any disclosure about treatment or meds.

Since the new contract, UPS is hiring lots of full-time delivery drivers. Called "22.4" drivers, they are paid a less than regular Package Car Delivery Drivers but benefits are the same.

You *must* make sure your full-time job is for the 22.4 and NOT a seasonal driver.

That said, at this point what is there to lose? You've qualified for the program. Now go do your physical and let the doctor tell you what you must do to get your DOT card.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

What Made You Decide To Become A Driver?

What is the single most important reason that compelled you to take up driving? shocked.png

What made you do it? dancing-dog.gif

PS - Some people are called by God to become Catholic priests, supposedly. Who or what inspired you to want to command these big steel beasts?

Because the Chinese took over American IT

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Parking?

Thanks everyone I'll look into these.

Follow-up and let us know what they say for future reference.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Parking?

Any from the Roanoke VA area know where I could park a trailer for a couple of days? I can park my truck at my house just no room for the big box.

There is a truck stop just a few miles south of Roanoke. Kinda run down. They may jump at the chance to host your trailer for a few days.

Lancer Truck Stop-Deli, 5151 N Fork Rd, Elliston, VA 24087