Comments By Mike V.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truckstop-park.jpg avatar
  • Mike V.
  • Comments:

Phone BLOWING UP!!!!!

Who did you go with Dustan?

Werner reviews?

Also talked to Knight trucking but they are on a sliding scale.

Werner reviews?

Thanks old school, im also entertaining offers from Prime flatbed, schneider tanker division as well. what can you tell me about them?

Phone BLOWING UP!!!!!

Yea it is absolutely mind blowing that the doors are opening soooooo fast! in the meantime, schnieder tanker division has called too!!

Phone BLOWING UP!!!!!

Hey guys, got my cdl on weds. put in probably about ten apps/resumes and now my phone is blowing up! Did prehires for prime, knight, and werner so far. Dont know which way to turn though! Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Knight trucking?

Thanks!!

Werner reviews?

Looking at werner for their dollar general acct. Anyone have any recent experience with them? Have already did a search and read those posts.

Knight trucking?

Hey guys, Started putting out applications today and already got a call from knight transportation!! But they use a sliding scale for pay. Would someone explain the good versus the bad benefits of this system?

Passed driving test!

Have no idea!!!

Passed driving test!

I passed with 14 pts off out of one hundred. 0 pts on backing, parallel parking in reverse. Now lets go to work!!

Driving exam tomorrow!!

My classmates and I are going down to waco tx from tyler tx to take our driving exams!! I was scheduled to take it in tyler on the 25 th but they got us in in Waco on the 5th instead. super excited!

Moving down south ???

Dammit Phox....now I gotta leave texas? LOL!

Shiney new CDL

Congrats!!

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Well Brian, ive ridden with at least five people that tested this week and they all floated. Instructor says showing truck control, not coasting and letting truck roll back are some of the things they look at the most. as well as obeying all the traffic laws. All that tested passed with 90's or better.

thanks everyboy for the input.

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Well....after almost a full week of trying different things, mainly the last description I gave, my instructor asked me to attempt to float. Suprisingly, I did it pretty well today. Really smooth once it came together and not too terrible on the downshifts either. We have friday and all next week before the class ends so we will see how I progress. I did ALOT of observing from the back seat as we had a cpl of guys in the truck practicing for their driving test who floated the gears really well. I got to watch the tach as well as any foot work involved. Really helped me out.

Advice for any soon to be students or current students....USE YOUR TIME WISELY.

LEARN THAT BRAKE TEST!!!!!!

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok, heres what works for me....use the clutch, (single) On upshifts. On down shifts I am clutching (to get it out of gear) and goosing the throttle to get into the next lower gear. At this time that is what is working for me. Phew, this trucker stuff is tough.

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thanks fellas, back at it at 7:00 am!!

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thanks guys, but I cant seem to get it to go into gear with the engine off, and when I try it just sitting there with the engine running....the truck wants to move. I know the pattern, but hopefully with practice and repitition it will come to me.

Shifting the truck....AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Well, we started a day early on our driving. The good first....I can straight back and parallel park decently. Shifting? Thought the tranny was gonna fall out. Instructor taught us how to float the gears. I can go up through the gears ok, downshifting??? OH MY GAWD I am a stumbling bumbling rank beginner. Need help and or tips from the veterans here.....PLEASE.