Profile For KH

KH's Info

ME

In CDL School

4 years, 3 months ago

KH's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Employment verification

Now that I think about it more, I wonder why they'd want a letter from you to be notarized. Maybe what they want is a letter from someone else who knows why you were unemployed? Then it would make sense because they'd want to know that you didn't just fake a signature.

Employment verification

Maybe this isn't what you're asking, but, I think they want you to write a letter to them (or "to whom it may concern", or whatever), stating the periods you were unemployed and why (like, "I was looking for work but couldn't find any"), then don't sign it, but find a notary public and take it there. They will ask for ID then watch you sign it, then put their stamp on it.

Can I turn my cdl d into cdl c without a road test in new Jersey.

...oh, I just saw your reply in another thread. I guess you figured out that you don't need a CDL for a straight truck less than 26001 lbs.

Can I turn my cdl d into cdl c without a road test in new Jersey.

That's a good question, and I don't have a good answer :) My understanding is that you'd need a class C if you were going to drive passengers or hazardous material in a vehicle 26,000 pounds or less. The DMV says that the process is to take the written tests and get a permit, then take a road test in a vehicle of the type you intend to drive. If you want to drive passengers then obviously you'd need a bus or van to take a road test. But if you just want to be able to drive hazardous materials that require placarding in a pickup truck, then I don't know. Maybe you'd still need to show up and do a pre-trip inspection.

Truck Driver Sentenced to Community Service......

This article:

Truck Driver in Fatal Highway 17 Crash Sentenced to 3 Years Probation says:

"California Highway Patrol inspectors found the brakes on Singh's truck worn down to the metal, leaking and out of adjustment."

So I guess he was charged because he knew there was a problem but drove anyway.

Sleep apnea and medical card

Ok, I've searched and read some threads on the topic of apnea, but I didn't read them all, so I apologize if this exact question has been answered. Anyway, here's my story: I passed my medical exam before starting cdl school, but after reading the guidelines on sleep apnea, I believe they should have required me to have sleep test based on my bmi. It was a busy walk-in clinic and 5 of us showed up at once for physicals, so i think i might have slipped through (they did measure my height weight and neck size). So now that I have my license and am looking for a job, I'm wondering what would happen if I went to a company that does their own physical. If they decide I need to be tested does that invalidate the card I have? If I go to get tested myself and I have sleep apnea, is that something I would have to report to someone, and would it make me ineligable to drive? I'm not against being tested or using a cpap machine if I have sleep apnea, I'm just wondering if it could cause a delay in starting a job.

Now I know I'm Too Old

60 is the new 40, or so I've heard.

Kicked out of orientation!

I had to re-test in front of their dr at that time so it would not go on my record. They were assuming I was lying so they sent me home. Now that they have the results they can see that I was being truthful and something must have been wrong with the temperature strip.

Well, like others have said, that doesn't make sense. Why would they go to the trouble of having you repeat the test in front of a doctor, see that you passed, then send you home anyway? Seems like a waste of time and test strips. But I guess lots of dumb things happen in large companies, so I guess it's possible.

Liquid totes and tanker endorsement

Can I get a Hazmat, Tanker, Twic card with a Felony on my record. Its been 27 years.

I don't know a lot about it, but I think this page lists the offenses that would definitely disqualify someone: http://www.tsa.gov/disqualifying-offenses-factors

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Male trainees requesting female trainers

I never said that I want a female trainer... That would be weird and uncomfortable! I was looking for opinions on a subject that seems to come up a lot. Women have the ability to request a female trainer and I was just curious if men are given the same ability.

I know what you mean. Technically I think you're right and if you really felt strongly about it I suppose you could try to get a lawyer and force the issue. But as a practical matter we all understand why women are allowed to request woman trainers, and the entire issue affects a very small percentage of the world population, so I don't see it going very far.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Smash that regional run

In what way is it hard, long hours, or are you unloading furniture as well as driving?

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Got into fight with another truck driver

I'm not a trucker (yet?) and I don't know anything about truck rental, but I do know that some people believe in "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". They think the way to get a discount is to become angry and yell. And it probably works sometimes.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Schools in Maine

Still interested in opinions, but I thought I'd add that a friend of mine who is also interested was told by Pro Drive that they don't really have a CDL-A program, but you can pay for time in a truck with an instructor, or something like that. So it looks like in Maine it's NTI or one of the college programs.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Schools in Maine

Are you set on local school? Several companies will give yo a bus ticket to their Company-Sponsored Training. Problem is, Maine isn't really a big state for truckling routes or pickup/delivery (except for L L Bean, maybe)

I'm going to explore that option as well. But I know there are at least a couple of active members here from Maine, so I thought I'd see what they had to say about training. I think one of them (Heavy C or something like that) got a local job, which would be cool.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Schools in Maine

Does anyone have any information or opinion of NTI vs ProDrive in Scarborough, ME? I haven't been able to find out any cost comparisons (or any numbers at all) using the web. NTI wants to meet with you before telling you the cost, which seems like a bad sign, but maybe it's worth more? And I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone at prodrive.