Profile For Bird

Bird 's Info

IL

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 9 months ago

Bird 's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

One more thread on losing weight.

Personally i have to agree 1. that water is very important and 2. that baby steps are better than no steps.

Brett, you are certainly not the average 48 yr old. I dont know any that are out their scaling Mountains like you are. And that's awesome i admire that. You have said you are in the best shape of your life. And im going to guess that you have always been in great shape. Not too mention your diet is dialed in. Ive been in the gym for the past 10 years. Balance just like with diet is important with exercise as well. Ive seen a guy lose 100 pounds just from walking on the treadmill. He had shin splints so bad when he started he walked in tears. He was out of breath just sitting down. He has now lost enough weight to be able to play some basketball here and there and continues to lose more weight. Not everyone is going to have the same physical abilities. So in my view it is important to start out by crawl, walk, run.

Posted:  1 day, 23 hours ago

Terminated by Schneider

Im confused as to why his co-driver was not terminated.

I think I’m the one who is confused...just trying to make some sense out of this.

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Terminated by Schneider

He has to be leaving parts out. I got two stability control critical events in my first month. One was on my first day. That was a real bummer it was on a off ramp and was so worried about my tandem going past the white line I jerked it to the left. In my mind not much but enough to trigger an event. Second was going through a s-curve approaching the light, and again a slight jerk triggered it. Both incidents i received a message through Qualcomm immediately being told to call my DBL as soon as I had a chance. And reviewed them again with her and safety in person when I was at the DC next. I did feel the sensors were overly sensitive but that didn't make me right and them wrong. I understood what i did and it never happened again.

This is really bugging me, as I'm sure it also is Christian. Any triggered events have got to be reviewed, otherwise nobody learns anything from them. Is your DBL the final word on these reviews? Do you guys mean to tell me no one else looks into these matters before your Schneider DBL gives you the axe? That seems really strange, but so does this whole story.

I actually dont know how he got so many without talking to anyone else, I've had my fair share of events and I always talked to someone from safety face to face, and I even had to give a written statement on what I'll do to prevent the same mistakes in the future.

I'm doing good these days, but I made a lot of mistakes early on. So seems he's leaving some parts of the story out, unless they handle team drivers differently.

Posted:  3 days, 9 hours ago

Tight TA Lot

Whenever you feel tension, or think you feel tension, or the slightest "tug" in the steering wheel you have to stop immediately. Not give it more "gas" like the case of this driver. Or just goal like is being said.

Posted:  6 days, 3 hours ago

Under-21 interstate drivers getting serious look by FMCSA

Are they trying to get somebody killed? And unless im completely missing something here this "proposal" makes no sense. Like Rick mentioned you enlist at 17 the earliest like i did, and get out at 21. So who are they referring too? Who were these participants? To me the answer would be reservists or National Guard. Which in that case would not be something i would support at all. Unless it was some circumstance where it was an active duty member who say got hurt or some unique circumstance allowed them to get out 20 than MAYBE. Another factor would be how much driving did they do outsides the confines of a military installation. Are they logging miles? Just too many variables all around a terrible idea.

Posted:  1 week ago

We bare all!

Susan you about killed me with that "pubes in the food comment". Hilarious but true.

Lol even if I were a guy, I don't think I'd want a naked stranger serving my food. Do they wear hair nests? I wouldn't want pubes in my food, or maybe they all was? At least there is parking and showers.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Susan D

Well now just give it a few minutes, John Wilkes booth from Boise will be in shortly to answer.

Ohh no, did you just unknowingly resurrect the talk of color coordinating paint schemes.. rofl-3.gif

TODD? TODD? Anyone there? Can you hear me?

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Energy drinks

Arizona makes a tea called RX energy. That's what ive been drinking. Its not coffee but its enough for me, natural ingredients and only a dollar.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Illinois

Yeah ive actually been seeing this here and there since trooper Jones-Story was killed. I saw one on 294 northbound, right after the Cicero ramp. There was a DOT truck with the sign flashing move over its the law. With a trooper a few hundred yards up, lights flashing, but by himself.

They thing that still drives me crazy though is i still see troopers with trucks pulled over, and they are standing on the driver side talking to the driver or doing a inspection on the driver side. WHY???? I would think by now they would want to stay away from the right lane as much as possible. The highways in the Chicagoland area are something out of a Mad Max movie.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Thanks G-town, absolutely a lesson I'll never forget. Pain retains right? Haha.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Good stuff Marc, yeah ive been using Aloe Vera and Neosporin. And just keeping it clean. Didnt think about vitamin E though, I'll give that a shot.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Yeah Bruce just did a complete 180 back into my forehead. I'll get a gnarly scar from that's for Sure. This happened on Thursday, today it's pretty sore and pretty have a black eye. O well.

Ouch! You mean the handle self rotated? I'm a little unclear exactly what happened. That gash looks like it needs stitches.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

And got a 1-2 combo. Got a chunk taken out of my forehead and finished off with a bop on the crown of my nose. This is what happens when you let your guard down for a millisecond.

Basically, I was at our customer in Central Indiana and was making good time so I wanted to keep it going. Dropped my empty and saw my load was extremely close to another one. I saw the trailer was a little high so I briefly went looking for the spotter but to no avail so decided to "get it done" and start cranking it was somewhat. It was a newer trailer so thought maybe id have a shot of being able to lower it.

I had to shuffle towards it sideways between the trailers grabbed the handle with both hands, and pushed one rotation until i could only push with my left. At just past 180 degrees, about 240 more like I thought I heard that "pop" went to grab it with my right and it slipped out of my glove. Before I could comprehend what was happening i was seeing black spots down on my knee with blood pouring into my eye and down my nose. Forgot to mention it was raining hard.

Walked back to the shack, safety manager came out who was also trained responder, and bandaged me up. Let this be a lesson to any noob or soon to be driver. When it comes to anything you do out here, really take your time and think about what you are doing when it comes to safety.

0389540001557538154.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Brakes

Had this happen to me last week only it was the valve. Took it too the service bay and the mechanic took a look, smacked it with a hammer and said "she should be good"!! Haha luckily he is a reasonable guy and after telling him I scaled at 79,9 and was going back to Chicago he swapped it out for me on the spot. Barely took an hour.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Eye Candy

That visor is ugly as sin but otherwise sharp truck. Thanks for sharing Old School.

Here's a black beauty I saw in Effingham, IL today...

0915140001557081274.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Hauling cattle and overnight parking

Everybody is going to have a different opinion and experience when it comes to diet. My Grandfather who ate nothing but meat, now yes probably half was from burger joints on the south side of Chicago had a heart attack at 60 and also at the time found he had diabetes. His diet ever since then has been mostly salad and vegetables with minimal meat and dairy and he has been healthy as ever. And also no longer needs insulin and rarely needs to check his blood sugar. It took years to get to that but he damn neat reversed diabetes. Sure he didn't enjoy but it worked for him. So for me anyways I don't to say vegetables are 100 percent bad for you can't quite agree with. I mean look at countries like Asia they pretty much incorporate vegetables into everything.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Tone Deaf?

I thought you go in the booth still if you dont pass the whisper? I havent passed a hearing exam since my entry medical exam for the military.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Truck Crash Colorado - With Videos

Well, the same local news channel did an article on the company. Probably won't be a huge surprise what was found about said company.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Falcon transport abruptly shuts down

I heard some chatter that Falcon management was also blindsided, that this call came strictly from that Capital investment group or whatever they are but who knows. Whoever thought it was the right call to just shut everything down and sever all fuel cards and communication is mind boggling. And who knows what will happen to that plant. It's still up in the air it's still GM property.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Falcon transport abruptly shuts down

They also had a lease operator program. Wonder what happens to those drivers in this situation.