Comments By Bird-one

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0704119001546595513-41538.jpg avatar
  • Bird-one
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 month ago

So, am I in a mess?

If you do happen to get another chance interview my advice would be to skip the excuses of "I was tired" and "I was thinking of a shower". And maybe think of something better than "I only got his air line". Either that or you are going to have to explain that one better. Good Luck.

Posted:  1 month ago

NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO FORWARD TRAFFIC WARNING!!

Man that guy could of easily, EASILY moved over into the left lane, and that probably would of given him enough room to squeeze by. Sure its that drivers fault 100 percent but come on. That's my take anyways.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

His and Hers

No doubt look the look. The stripes on your truck are probably my most favorite part of the rig. And it cleans up nice.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Bottlenecks

I have to deal with that 294/ 80 everyday. Really no way around.

For the Chicago and Chicagoland area listen to 105.9 (FM). They run traffic and weather on the 8's all day.

Worst bottleneck I deal with now is between Gary, IN and I-294 interchange on I-80 at the Indiana/Illinois line.

Both ways, from around 0900 to 1800. Wrecks happen all the time on that stretch of road.

Same with I-465/I-865 interchange in northern Indianapolis.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hey Drivers!

Awesome news Kim congrats on your marriage. Your obviously a tough women so even if the possible mass is cancer no doubts here you'll kick the crap out of it.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

I actually thinking about this the other day. Was thinking it would in the case of doubles be "away from the trouble" instead of "towards the trouble" on a straight back? Or am I off.

So are you saying guys that pull doubles cant back ? I knew it!

Not this one lol. Some drivers are able to do it, my skills haven't devloped that far yet.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Between that stretch of 294 and 80/94 not sure which side is worse. Seems all the way from the state line to o'hare something is being torn up.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Hey Packrat how often do you travel or will be traveling through Northwest indiana via 80/94?

How about that! Was awesome to finally meet an internet buddy face-to-face. Pete's going to be a rock star at this gig, you all watch and see.

Now I need to meet up with more of the fine folks on here.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

"Refresher" course / "buying seat time" - good idea or silly?

Save your money Marc. To be honest Schneider may even just put you through their 3 week orientation as if you were a brand new driver. I went through their training. It's a great program with great instructors.

Posted:  2 months ago

Adult

This is the world we live in now. This is the world we have been living in for years now. This was a non issue I feel until the Caitlyn Jenner ordeal. Than issues started up around the country. Parents around the country demanding their sons be allowed to use the female locker room because that's what they wanted to be. And opening the door for situations like Donna had to encounter. Imagine pulling into a truck stop in the middle of the night seeing just trucks no cars walking into a bathroom and than seeing a "lady" walking in from behind. Pretty scary stuff. For me it's simple, I don't care if you identify as male, female, or a Twinkie wrapper. Whatever the gender is on your drivers license is what bathroom you are to use. Because why do we have to conform to them? Can we not continue to have privacy. It's their choice. The majority of the "transitioning" is probably male to female. And let's be brutally honest here you can usually tell pretty quick whether the individual is a female or not. Pretty much immediately. So what is going to change when you walk into a women's bathroom as a male? Nothing but making them extremely uncomfortable and nervous. Sure same in a men's restroom but there WON'T be any little girls in there etc. If you really have to pee in a women's bathroom that bad, it can wait until you get that a sex change. Or whatever it is to be called.

Posted:  2 months ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Any updates Doug?

Posted:  2 months ago

Truck-mounted LED billboards coming under fire

Never been to Vegas? All over out there like Brett mentioned.

What are these LED billboards on trucks? I never saw one. Are they in only certain locations?

Posted:  2 months ago

When did you decide you were an experienced driver?

Was thinking about this while reading Junkyard K9's post on his one year (congrats by the way). Was it reaching your 1 year? 2 year? Maybe a certain milestone.

And if you don't feel you are an experienced driver what do you feel you need to accomplish to be considered one?

Posted:  2 months ago

Pleasant Suprises

A dark blue with a pearl white stripe. I'll post in eye candy of how it currently looks.

Maybe my truck will be repainted by than.

What color will she be, Brian?

Posted:  2 months ago

Pleasant Suprises

Awesome news PJ. Well deserved no doubt. Is this your first raise with QC? I'm curious as too how that works for o/o's. Let me know when you're in the lake station I'll buy breakfast this time. Maybe my truck will be repainted by than.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

But you don't have to rewire chrome! Ill stick with that.smile.gif

50 lights PER SIDE is a good starting point.smile.gif

Plus, lights are cheaper than chrome, and you don’t need to polish them either!smile.gif

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

Looking sharp PJ. Never been a fan if purple but that truck is sharp. By the way did you ever mention what kind of engine is in your Dodge?

Figured I’d throw a pic of mine in the bunch.

0054943001562676796.jpg0498770001562676899.jpg0840129001562676963.jpg

Last pic belongs to a friend

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Shhhh!!!! Be Quiet!

We have a 379 longnose daycab with 8 inch wide stacks, and I want to say a 300 wheelbase. I'll have to try, and get a picture next when i see it. It has also won a show. A sharp truck.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Met up with Bruce K.!

Bruce why don't you get your cpap in gear already and team with Marc? That would be interesting to say the least.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Shhhh!!!! Be Quiet!

I've seen some pretty bad Central Transport trailers out there. But in their defense they did replace their entire fleet with Peterbilt 579 daycabs.