Comments By Bird-One

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0704119001546595513-41538.jpg avatar
  • Bird-One
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Stay out of democrat cities

It’s not political garbage Chris. You must not of been lurking around for the past two years that you were gone because we have had plenty of as you would put it “ political garbage”.

^^^ 10 posts before someone started talking about arming themselves this time.

You will not find someone more conservative or more Pro 2A than I. This is not the place for political garbage.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Stay out of democrat cities

Why don’t you think so Steve? Just curious.

Sorry, but this doesn’t belong here.

Always stay safe and be aware of your surroundings.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Thoughts On Overtime Pay

Thanks for the input. The way I’m paid is split. My weeks consist of both reefer and tanker. When I’m tanker I’m paid by the load. Hourly for reefer. So even though I’m working 60 plus hours a week. My hourly come out to only 30 hours a week. That was why I mentioned the ot over 8. I’m paying through the roof for health insurance. And I only get 40 hours of paid vacation at my hourly rate. Doesn’t matter how long I’ve been there. So outside looking in compared to places like odfl and FedEx it’s not a terribly attractive place to work. But I enjoy working here for the most part. But was curious if I’d be out of line asking to get ot after 8 hours? Been here almost 3 and a half years.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Stay out of democrat cities

You got that right TCB. Chicago especially. They love to loot and burn. But CPD canceled days off so all hands on deck at the moment.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Thoughts On Overtime Pay

I know this would really only pertain to local drivers with otr being mostly cpm but I’m curious how other than local drivers feel about this.

Do you think drivers should get paid overtime after 8 hours?

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Taking curves too slow?

I personally wouldn’t recommend trying to fumble with your cb while navigating a curve because of what another moron driver is saying. Tune it out. Different scenarios from when you’re in a truck stop.

Davy, if you notice most all curved ramps are slanted to the inside. This keeps your weight on the downside helping to prevent rollovers. You may just be mentally feeling like that. However, if you feel like 10 or 15 is too fast then do 5 or 10. Are you gonna catch crap on the radio? Absolutely but the time it takes to round the curve then straighten out is minimal compared to the time it takes to get a couple of wreckers out to clean up the mess and clear the road for traffic if you roll it. Again, its probably all in your head but better safe then sorry.

This has me wondering...

Would that be a good time to just turn off the CB? Going through orientation at TransAm, they told us the first couple dozen backs we would be hearing drivers chattering about us/to us on the CB. Trainers at TransAm advised to just turn it off or the volume down to keep from letting that rattle us. Would that be a good suggestion for going slow around a curve, on ramp, exit ramp, etc?

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Taking curves too slow?

The point I was trying to make Bklyn Dreams is you don’t want to be slamming on the brakes still as your entering the curb. I’d say that’s a pretty solid rule of thumb to follow for a new driver.

Too many variables in determining one rule of thumb for every situation.

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Taking curves too slow?

Another rule of thumb is if you are still braking after you entered the curve you were going to fast approaching it. You want to be at a slow steady speed.

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Taking curves too slow?

Curves are the same as mountains. You’ll only take a curve too fast once. The hell with how fast anybody else is going. The second you try and keep up is the second you will wreck. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. Trust me when I say when I first started pulling 48k of cream in an unbaffled tanker. I was taking those curves SLOW. Over time you will get more use to it. You’re doing just fine.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Personal life details

You asked a honest question Kerry you got an honest answer. I share Banks sentiment. I’m tired of people acting and talking like America is just filled with racism. It’s not. At the end of the day “racism” is shiz talk. Shiz talk them back and go about your day.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Personal life details

I have never witnessed such a thing. Im sure it’s possible but again who cares? I wouldn’t let it bother me one bit.

Who cares? If some people don’t think it should happen who gives a rip. I’ve personally never encountered anybody who asked me if I had a significant other followed by what color are they? Not just trucking but in general. Have you Kerry?

Geez! Who is it that has the prejudices?

I’m pretty sure 99% of us don’t care who you’re married to and, ESPECIALLY, what color they are. If your marriage comes up in conversation, I seriously doubt ANY Trainer will be asking what color your spouse is.

🤦‍♂️

There are people here in Texas (mostly outside of major cities) who don't look too kindly at interracial relationships. It's kind of sad that this is still a thing, but I have seen that there are pockets of communities like this where people really don't think interracial relationships should happen.

Unfortunately, I have seen co-workers in the past who treated other co-workers differently once learning that they were in an interracial relationship.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Personal life details

Geez! Who is it that has the prejudices?

🤦‍♂️

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Schneider National kept my employment record for over 10 yrs

David what are you talking about you said you were terminated for a safety violation from Schneider? Which was why you are ineligible to work for them. So how does that further prove Schneider’s bs? Again you were eligible and than went in for an interview and it didn’t go well. The quicker you get over that. The happier you will be.

Move on.

David none of your story makes any sense. A company is not going to waste their time, money, and effort interviewing if you if you were never eligible for rehire in the first place. Does that make sense to you?… “ Hey!!! Let’s get David down here for an interview even though he is not eligible?” I understand what Anne is saying about the a recruiter getting a bonus, but I can’t imagine a recruiter would get one for sending an ineligible applicant in for an interview. A company like Schneider knew all your information prior to.

Move on.

Exactly which further proves schneider's bs I have no reason to lie abt my experience everything I've stated is true and exact I was told I was eligible I have no red flags on my record no moving violations no accidents nothing and I was denied after being told I was eligible several times once in 2018 and now in 2021 and they did not rehire me point blank

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Personal life details

You sure know how to keep it interesting Kerry. It would be viewed as you being your own person who has a right to share as much or as little as you want. Like anything else in life. Don’t over think it.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Schneider National kept my employment record for over 10 yrs

Move on.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Trainer Shortage?

Completely agree with what Mikey said. Why in fact would a company pay for a motel room when you have room in a truck? All part of the experience.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Trainer Shortage?

The trainee wouldn’t be allowed to have coffee or breakfast? I guess that would be one way to build a relationship between trainer and trainee.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Schneider National kept my employment record for over 10 yrs

Kerry, honestly man why would they not ask him about that? Why would they have him come in for an interview if they had no intention of hiring him? They did and like mr. Curmudgeon said. The interview went south.

The recruiter didn’t blindly tell you that you were eligible for rehire. It’s their job to make sure of that before hand. So it wasn’t till after the interview that they told you were in fact not eligible. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe the interview didn’t go well. Did they ask you about this safety violation at the interview?

They wouldn't have to ask. It's on record.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Schneider National kept my employment record for over 10 yrs

Something else to consider which I’m not sure if anybody mentioned is your dac report. This incident is probably on your dac and I’m honestly not sure how long it stays on there. You can get one copy a year for free. Gotta go to the hire right website.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago