Comments By Bird-one

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0704119001546595513-41538.jpg avatar
  • Bird-one
  • Comments:

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

US Xpress and Getting Paid

Don't sound the alarm just yet on the pay Philip you're brand new with the company it can take a minute to get things settled in. Have you asked your trainer about? He can probably help with that better than we can. Just stay professional about it and don't get too caught up in FB.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

A walk on the ‘Darkside’ - working for a small company

How's it going LDRSHIP? Im late to the party reading this thread. I actually have a spare air dryer that i had to get swapped out from this past winter. Not sure if it's salavagable or not otherwise id happily mail it over.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Happy Memorial Day

And let me clarify i meant to say I heard twice today Happy Memorial Day from the nicest TA workers around. And for the record PJ didn't need defending it was my opinion on the matter.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Happy Memorial Day

Superlejera, not too be rude here man but did you even read what PJ posted or just the title and went right into demanding the title? Because had you read you would of seen he used the term "FELLOW VETS". PJ Is a vet, retired Leo, and a genuine stand-up guy, had the awesome opportunity to have breakfast. Heard somebody say this last year too. I don't know why it's suddenly becoming a thing but as a veteran myself I see 0 disrespect in this. I heard it twice today by two strangers. I have a half sleeve full of military tattoos that's the only reaspn why they knew.

Anyways sorry for the rant and Happy Memorial Day to all vets of this forum. I'm happy to be alive and in one piece. And will be happy to be with fellow veterans shortly remembering our Fallen.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Accident at fuel Island

Your "trainer" or whatever he is to be called gave you some real turd advice by telling you " I can't wait for everyone". Terrible advice in my opinion as it pertains to this situation. Anytime I encounter a driver trying to back on it i give the driver ample room, put my hazards on if they werent already, and pop my tractor brakes so he nows im not going to try and squeeze pass him when I see a foot of space. And 9 and a half times out of 10 within a minute he will either be backed in, or he will make eye contact with me and wave me by. That's just me anyway.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Finally Gunna get started @ this new chapter of life

Always awesome, and exciting news Stevo. School will be a blast, and have heard good things about May. And heck you can always get your foot in the door with May and move on to Werner after a year. They're certainly not goinf anywhere anytime soon.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

11000 lbs one piece

I don't think it would hurt to consult with Safety on this one Mik. That's what i would do anyway.

Posted:  1 month ago

One more thread on losing weight.

Personally i have to agree 1. that water is very important and 2. that baby steps are better than no steps.

Brett, you are certainly not the average 48 yr old. I dont know any that are out their scaling Mountains like you are. And that's awesome i admire that. You have said you are in the best shape of your life. And im going to guess that you have always been in great shape. Not too mention your diet is dialed in. Ive been in the gym for the past 10 years. Balance just like with diet is important with exercise as well. Ive seen a guy lose 100 pounds just from walking on the treadmill. He had shin splints so bad when he started he walked in tears. He was out of breath just sitting down. He has now lost enough weight to be able to play some basketball here and there and continues to lose more weight. Not everyone is going to have the same physical abilities. So in my view it is important to start out by crawl, walk, run.

Posted:  1 month ago

Terminated by Schneider

Im confused as to why his co-driver was not terminated.

I think I’m the one who is confused...just trying to make some sense out of this.

Posted:  1 month ago

Terminated by Schneider

He has to be leaving parts out. I got two stability control critical events in my first month. One was on my first day. That was a real bummer it was on a off ramp and was so worried about my tandem going past the white line I jerked it to the left. In my mind not much but enough to trigger an event. Second was going through a s-curve approaching the light, and again a slight jerk triggered it. Both incidents i received a message through Qualcomm immediately being told to call my DBL as soon as I had a chance. And reviewed them again with her and safety in person when I was at the DC next. I did feel the sensors were overly sensitive but that didn't make me right and them wrong. I understood what i did and it never happened again.

This is really bugging me, as I'm sure it also is Christian. Any triggered events have got to be reviewed, otherwise nobody learns anything from them. Is your DBL the final word on these reviews? Do you guys mean to tell me no one else looks into these matters before your Schneider DBL gives you the axe? That seems really strange, but so does this whole story.

I actually dont know how he got so many without talking to anyone else, I've had my fair share of events and I always talked to someone from safety face to face, and I even had to give a written statement on what I'll do to prevent the same mistakes in the future.

I'm doing good these days, but I made a lot of mistakes early on. So seems he's leaving some parts of the story out, unless they handle team drivers differently.

Posted:  1 month ago

Tight TA Lot

Whenever you feel tension, or think you feel tension, or the slightest "tug" in the steering wheel you have to stop immediately. Not give it more "gas" like the case of this driver. Or just goal like is being said.

Posted:  1 month ago

Under-21 interstate drivers getting serious look by FMCSA

Are they trying to get somebody killed? And unless im completely missing something here this "proposal" makes no sense. Like Rick mentioned you enlist at 17 the earliest like i did, and get out at 21. So who are they referring too? Who were these participants? To me the answer would be reservists or National Guard. Which in that case would not be something i would support at all. Unless it was some circumstance where it was an active duty member who say got hurt or some unique circumstance allowed them to get out 20 than MAYBE. Another factor would be how much driving did they do outsides the confines of a military installation. Are they logging miles? Just too many variables all around a terrible idea.

Posted:  1 month ago

We bare all!

Susan you about killed me with that "pubes in the food comment". Hilarious but true.

Lol even if I were a guy, I don't think I'd want a naked stranger serving my food. Do they wear hair nests? I wouldn't want pubes in my food, or maybe they all was? At least there is parking and showers.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Susan D

Well now just give it a few minutes, John Wilkes booth from Boise will be in shortly to answer.

Ohh no, did you just unknowingly resurrect the talk of color coordinating paint schemes.. rofl-3.gif

TODD? TODD? Anyone there? Can you hear me?

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Energy drinks

Arizona makes a tea called RX energy. That's what ive been drinking. Its not coffee but its enough for me, natural ingredients and only a dollar.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Illinois

Yeah ive actually been seeing this here and there since trooper Jones-Story was killed. I saw one on 294 northbound, right after the Cicero ramp. There was a DOT truck with the sign flashing move over its the law. With a trooper a few hundred yards up, lights flashing, but by himself.

They thing that still drives me crazy though is i still see troopers with trucks pulled over, and they are standing on the driver side talking to the driver or doing a inspection on the driver side. WHY???? I would think by now they would want to stay away from the right lane as much as possible. The highways in the Chicagoland area are something out of a Mad Max movie.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Thanks G-town, absolutely a lesson I'll never forget. Pain retains right? Haha.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Good stuff Marc, yeah ive been using Aloe Vera and Neosporin. And just keeping it clean. Didnt think about vitamin E though, I'll give that a shot.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

Yeah Bruce just did a complete 180 back into my forehead. I'll get a gnarly scar from that's for Sure. This happened on Thursday, today it's pretty sore and pretty have a black eye. O well.

Ouch! You mean the handle self rotated? I'm a little unclear exactly what happened. That gash looks like it needs stitches.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Went a round with a landing gear crank handle...

And got a 1-2 combo. Got a chunk taken out of my forehead and finished off with a bop on the crown of my nose. This is what happens when you let your guard down for a millisecond.

Basically, I was at our customer in Central Indiana and was making good time so I wanted to keep it going. Dropped my empty and saw my load was extremely close to another one. I saw the trailer was a little high so I briefly went looking for the spotter but to no avail so decided to "get it done" and start cranking it was somewhat. It was a newer trailer so thought maybe id have a shot of being able to lower it.

I had to shuffle towards it sideways between the trailers grabbed the handle with both hands, and pushed one rotation until i could only push with my left. At just past 180 degrees, about 240 more like I thought I heard that "pop" went to grab it with my right and it slipped out of my glove. Before I could comprehend what was happening i was seeing black spots down on my knee with blood pouring into my eye and down my nose. Forgot to mention it was raining hard.

Walked back to the shack, safety manager came out who was also trained responder, and bandaged me up. Let this be a lesson to any noob or soon to be driver. When it comes to anything you do out here, really take your time and think about what you are doing when it comes to safety.

0389540001557538154.jpg