Profile For David M. "The Amazin Cajun Racing Snail"

David M. "The Amazin Cajun Racing Snail"'s Info

Thibodaux, LA

Rookie Team Driver

3 years ago

David M. "The Amazin Cajun Racing Snail"'s Bio

Hard working man just looking to make an honest living. That's it.

David M. "The Amazin Cajun Racing Snail"'s Photo Gallery

DAC & Unpaid Loans

Meant to say thanks

DAC & Unpaid Loans

Interesting Old School. Thanks. Seems wrong to mess with a DAC for something unrelated to driving.

(Naturally i'll cough up what I can. I believe in paying my debts)

DAC & Unpaid Loans

Gyys n gals, im wondering, can you get a mark on your DAC for an unpaid loan? I had some very serious family issues and had to quit my driving job with a Dallas carrier before my year was up. I hated doing it and im making much less money at the new local job but it had to be done. I just got a call from some firm telling me that if I dont come up with X dollars by monday that they will file complaints with DOT, credit bureaus, DAC and some other place. They tell me that these complaints will render my license unusable and I will become unemployable. I have no experience with this. I know I violated a holy law by quitting after 6 months. I didn't want to, I just had to. I talked to the Dallas carrier before and after and they were very nice about it all and told me to call them when I was able to come back, which I still intend to do. So im kind of shocked and surprised to hear all of this. Anyone know whats up with this firm's threats? Are they valid? Thanks and sorry for violating a holy.

Blew by weigh station

Thanks for that info Brian. 435 is kinda steep. Plus points. =( Guess I better start looking for an attorney to see if I can get it to a lesser violation with the same or similar fine. I wonder how a man would fair trying that without an attorney. Can't hurt to ask em I guess. I know I'll never miss that one again!

Blew by weigh station

Ah awesome. Thanks for the replies and well wishes. It was open btw. =( Hearing that it's not too big of a deal helps. I will wait for a ticket and hire an attorney if need be. Polywog, after reading on other posts about people walking in bills and your advice about turning around I realize that's what I should have done. Good to know about nor pass too! I'm not confident that we were entirely prepared for this. I don't know how you solo guys did/do it. I'm no dummy, finished 1st in my class in books, road and yard, but there is a ton of stuff to get confused about out here. Thanks tt for everything.

These 5 Occupations Are More Likely To Marry Male Truckers

My wife is an effing hatter lol nice hats though. She did go to school for early childhood education now that I think about it. (Shrugs)

Shouldn't the company supply these

We had to buy load locks and meat locks. Weekly deductions. They will not replace the meat locks. Period. In case of a repower or sealed drop and hook we call and get a po for new load locks. Easy as pie.

Backing Practice 02

This is how I do it. "Hey yard dog! $75 if u out this trailer in door 9! Thanks man!"

No yard dog? No problem.

"Hey Charles! (My co-driver) Get up man, I'm out of hours! Thanks buddy!"

Time to hold my breath

Sam P., I'm not an expert on anything trucking. That said, I feel like your instinct to be honest is best. I know Stevens Transport digs for REAL. Saw a couple of guys who I was fond of get the boot for things they fudged or didn't disclose. I'm glad I was as honest as possible because they knew about it and had a chance to see that good or bad I'll give em the straight ****. No surprises for them = no surprises for you in my very limited experience.

Passed all 3 CLP written exams today on first try!

Excellent! I know the feeling and I owe it to the High Road Training Program too! Excellent post! Grats on your company too. I wanted to go there but was out of their hiring area at the time. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum. =)

Blew by weigh station

Ok, so I effed up today and I want to know how bad and what to do now.

I'm driving down I-82 South from Pasco, Wa. I cross the border to Umatilla, OR and I see a sign that reads, "Weigh station next right". No problem. I slow as I approach the exit because my pre-pass flashed red. As I reach the exit I can't see a weigh station anywhere. I figured the sign must have meant the NEXT right (you know how weird the northwest is with next exit sign posted at previous exit), moved left and passed the exit.

As I pass I'm still looking cause it felt all wrong. Then I see the weigh station. It was way down the exit, a right turn, then tucked away toward the right. You couldn't see it until you passed it. I looked in front of me again and I saw a sign, "Bypass photo enforced" and a shiny new camera staring me right on the face.

Oh boy David you did it now. Neither myself nor my rookie partner knew what to do at that point. I kept going and scaled at every weigh station thereafter in Oregon. Even the ones that said "closed". Lol Needless to say I was freaked out. I'm about 99.999999999% sure I'm going to get a ticket.

How much will it cost? When will it show up? Where will it show up? (Company or the house?) How many points off my cdl? Do I call the company? Do they need to know? Do I need a lawyer like the truck stop ads say? Can I get the ticket reduced to something less drastic? I'll pay the fine even on my meager wages. I don't expect that to be reduced, just "charges" if I can.

I'm effing lost on this guys. My trainer was probably one of the worst & I didn't learn much from him and learned nothing about weigh stations or hidden weigh stations.

Before I get teased too much, (I'm sure I deserve it), let's keep in mind that I have never seen one of these hidden weigh stations before. Even the northbound station was right there on the side of the road. Even the ones in can be clearly seen from the hwy.

Any help? Experiences? Answers? Questions I'm not asking? Thanks.

HOS violation question

Yeah it's elogs. I'm not sure about not being able to edit while driving. I do know he can change himself to SB while driving like if we are in traffic. He edits his logs constantly during the day too so maybe its while im at a redlight.? Sorry I don't know more I just haven't been taught so I'm winging it in some ways. I do know my clock should be counting down not gaining a couple of hours. Lol I just know I'll have, let's say, 6 hrs till my 8. He'll mess with the Qualcomm for a little bit and then I glance to see my time and there is an extra hour or two added. So I do some figuring and Stop before (hopefully) my 8 is up. I check the logs and see it's been edited again. (for example, missing on duty that was there before) I call him on it and he admits he changed it because "on duty time doesn't make (his) paycheck". This last time I changed it back to accurate and it turned out I was 3 minutes over on my 8 and it kicked me the 2nd violation. (The first violation I'm not sure what he did I just know he was jacking with it and then went to cussing and told me I have a violation now. I was on my first week and didn't really understand.)

There is nothing to sign but there is an approve tab in the machine. I don't always get to approve it unless he's asleep because he jumps in there and does it. I can't stand it and have told him as much. Finally got a training counselor on the phone who is supposed to be getting me a different trainer. (There are other serious issues I won't get into here)

I do understand about the he said she said thing. That makes sense. People r full of it all the time. I think your post helped out. I now know for sure he isn't supposed to do that and that I may have a chance at getting it fixed. Some chance is better than none! =) Thank you for your response. I wish we did have to sign something instead of pushing a little button lol

I hope I clarified enough but not too much. Thanks again for the response. I feel like it helped.

HOS violation question

Okay, my trainer is the worst ever. I have put in for a new trainer. Now that that is out of the way...

My trainer changed my logs while I was driving, on 2 separate occasions. It led to two separate HOS violations on me. Question is, can I somehow dispute these violations or have them removed since my logs were altered by another person without my knowledge or consent? Also, is it even legal for him to change my logs to try to get more driving time by changing from on duty to sleeper berth when in fact I was on duty, on the dock, counting produce.

From the training videos I'm watching on my phone it seems like a pretty big deal and these violations are stuck with me for 3 years. =/

Anyone know a math formula?

Software you say? Turn me on to it. I've been asking about that for weeks now & everyone acted like I was speaking Mongolian.

What are the DOT physical blood pressure requirements?

Are these parameters still valid? I was sent to Denver from New Orleans and I found out today my blood pressure is about 10 points higher than usual. (135/88 is my norm 148/99 was today's pre test) I just don't know if I'll get kicked out and have to find my way home or not. Short notice I know. Thanks for any replies.

Satellite T.V.

I wonder if there is a way to purchase your own satellite bubble like we used to have on tour busses. I don't care about TV, but having a steady and strong wifi signal during down times would be awesome. (Also, if I'm in trouble and out of cell range I can make calls/texts over wifi.) I'll have to look into it.

This might help

Sleep Studies @ Stevens

Ha ha! No I didn't know it existed. Gee zee David. Smh. Thanks again. Maybe one day I'll know something so I can pay it forward.

Busting the Safe Haven Myth - Help me out here could ya?

Hmmm I got it now. Thanks you guys are really helpful.

Sleep Studies @ Stevens

Does anyone know what Stevens Transport is doing about the sleep apnea/bmi/neck size issue during school? I have a lot riding on getting my cdl ya know. I don't want to get sent home over this. I don't think I have any sleep issues (Other than the ole lady kicking the crap outta me) but I am a big guy. I also can't afford an expensive sleep study + equipment if it's found I have the apnea. I'm sweating this a little. More than a little. If anyone has been through Stevens cdl program and has seen this or run into this please post about it. Thanks.

Busting the Safe Haven Myth - Help me out here could ya?

.....be permitted or required to drive a commercial motor vehicle for not more than 2 additional hours beyond the maximum time allowed under ยงยง 395.3(a) or 395.5(a) to complete that run or to reach a place offering safety ... I bolded the part about "a place offering safety," aka "safe haven." That's where the term comes from, and it is permitted within the law...

(Scratches head in confusion.....some more) I need to study this better. Lol it doesn't look like it's completely busted. Mudflap's quote seems to suggest it's not busted. I'll keep prying my brainpan open and stuffing this in there. I'm sure it will come together for me. I should focus on my regular studies for now I guess. I'm not even attending school yet so....