Profile For Phil O.

Phil O.'s Info

Chicago, IL

4 years, 3 months ago

Phil O.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  4 years ago

USA Trucking Question

Cats in a truck? I've never heard of such things. Someone told me about a few parrots once that just seems crazy.

I want a dog but font think I could handle it I'm much too new at all of this to even think of that.

You must have never watch shipping wars. Roy Garber (one of the regulars of the show) had a cat. Sadly Roy passed away last year :( he was an entertaining person on that show to say the least.

I love watching Shipping Wars

Jeep Wrangler

Thanks for the input guys!

Has anyone else with the late 90's early 2000's models had trans problems around 100,000 miles? I've heard it from one or two other people, just wondering if this is a common problem.

Jeep Wrangler

I've come across a 98 Wrangler with 95,000 miles on it for a pretty reasonable price.

My old jeep cherokee was a 1999 and had some trans problems at about 100,000 miles. Has anyone else come across that problem? I'd hate to make the purchase then have to put a bunch of money/work into it.

Jeep Wrangler

Just Empty Every Pocket...lol

I've been looking at an 06 wrangler with 116,000 miles that's being sold down the street from me. Still kind of afraid to buy one with mileage that high, though.

Jeep Wrangler

Thanks, CWC! I'm assuming they drive pretty well in the snow, correct?

Jeep Wrangler

Thanks. I'll be sure to check out that forum. I live in Chicago , so I'll be getting plenty of use out of the 4 wheel drive! As far as pricing goes it doesn't look like they depreciate as much as the normal car here. Is that the general consensus?

Jeep Wrangler

I know this isn't directly trucking related, but my pick up broke down recently and unfortunately it won't run anymore (Got 230,000 miles out of it though!). I've always wanted a jeep wrangler and was thinking about purchasing that's been pre-owned.

Does anyone have any tips/information/advice on them? Just curious.

Thanks!

Be a truck driver they said

Congrats on the safe 6 months of driving. Keep it up!

Blood Medication Pills./ Anti depressant.

Thanks for the help, Brett! The amount of useful information on this forum is unbelievable. Looking forward to using some of your tips to help lower my blood pressure.

Blood Medication Pills./ Anti depressant.

Phil, use the search bar at the top of this page - it only searches this site. There have been a lot of discussions in here with some great tips and alternative ways to reduce your blood pressure.

Thanks Old School!

Blood Medication Pills./ Anti depressant.

I've been trying to lower my blood pressure as well. My family has a history of high blood pressure and I've been watching my diet/exercising, but does anyone have any more tips that I can use while on the road?

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BAD OR NOT?

I've been working on my blood pressure as well. My family has a history and I've been watching my diet, but does anyone have any more tips that I can use while on the road?

Is long-haul driving health a serious issue?

I did a little research and found a pretty good article here:

Yeah, you're right Erik. I'm pretty sure keeping a cooler with fresh vegetables and fruit is the way to go.

1 year anniversary

Congrats!

Is long-haul driving health a serious issue?

Does anyone have any healthy food suggestions that I can eat on the road? I'm having a hard time finding options.

Traveling with a dog?

I agree with Brett. If you already had a dog you didn't want to part with that would be different, but getting one for the road could be much more of a pain than you'd think.

Been keeping busy

Keep the updates coming, Guy! It looks great. I'm in the midst of remodeling my kitchen myself.

Starting Classes Tomorrow!

Congrats, Nicholas! Just stay focussed and everything will be fine.

Experiences in Gary, IN (safety)

I'm going to attend DriveCo in Gary, IN and I was thinking about temporarily renting out a room in Gary and biking to school each day (4 miles). Based on your experiences in Gary would this be a good idea? Another option I thought of was buying a car and renting a room out in on of the surrounding areas. I have a fair amount of street smarts and avoiding dangerous situations in the city/suburbia, but I'm not completely familiar with the area. What do you guys think?

I'm not too familiar with the Gary area, but coming from Chicago I can tell you that it's going to start getting chilly in the near future.