Comments By Twisted sister

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/stevens5.jpg avatar

New cdl permit law

The school I'm in posted something on their bulletin board at our school the other day that said starting October 3rd once you get your permit you have to have it for 14 days until you can start any cdl testing I already have mine so I got grandfathered in but is this really true so people starting school on Monday know about this

Yes its true I just got my cdl and thats whst they were saying there

New cdl permit law

Yes its true I just got my cdl and thats whst they were saying there

What to do?

Well guys I have read a lot on this site and I really want to get on with training! However, I don't know if I should do it now or just wait a bit longer. I currently started another job at a grocery store and I don't want to just take off, but I can't take another minute of it. Should I leave right away that way I don't really have bridges to burn, or will it make me look bad to companies that I left a job quick? This is my second job by the way. Also how much money should I have saved before I get on with training, or does it really depend on the company training. Really wanting to do Roehl or Knight because of the paid training. Thanks guys, and keep on trucking!

Quit procrastinating... Get er done ...lol I guess thats up to u if you like being miserable or not

Western Express

Im not sure I can lift a tarp over my head

Western Express

Dry Van or Flatbed? Flatbed pays more, and I'm afraid if I do dry van I won't get enough miles, after all Western Express is mainly flatbed. But at 45 yrs old, I don't know if I wanna do so much work in the cold, not to mention I am afraid of heights.

Im 50 years old, petrified of heights ..But I start at western flatbedding ..on sunday .. See ya around.. Who knows I might hate it, it does sound like alot of work but, I love money and a good challenge . Hopefully see you on the road . I know in order to get some exercise I am going to want to get out of the truck whether it be busying chains or tarps so be it hope I can...nope I will...lol

I want to do the flatbedding. However, I am afraid I might fail the test when it comes to tarping the load. I have physical strength and brains, but I am afraid of heights and I am concerned that I may hesitate during that portion. I read on some blog that a doctor or physical therapist saw a guy wince a little when lifting the tarp over his shoulders so they failed him.

Well we will find out soon enough I will keep you informed ..if they fail me I guess I will be driving a van .. Dont listen to all the reviews I havent heard of any therapist or doctor there for your test .. Anyways I leave sat for orientation ...

Felonies and driving

Hi my name is mike and i am new too this forum .......i have wanted to drive a Rig since i was a kid and now i'm older and wanting a job o would love im looking into getting my CDL im 41 and have a checkered past i have 5 auto theft convictions on my record and one forgery conviction most were from the 1990's last auto theft conviction was in May of 2003 and i have been off of parol since july of 2009 . is their any company that would concider training and hiring me ? i do alot of driving from Arizona to east Texas and i love the sight and smell of a Big Rig and i really want to make a career change and am VERY serious about this so if anyone out their has any information to offer o would love to hear from you and get some input on this .........thank you all for your time

Check out western express Thats where im going I also have convictions, they said they hire as long as it's not murder, or child mo..

Western express

I got tired of waiting to go to is ..still 2 weeks away .. So im going to western express Start sunday.. Im very excited I know they dont have good reviews ..but I got a good feeling im going with my guts . All the reviews are very old

Western Express

Western Express

Manuel, when I was at Western Express their flat-bed division was less than half of their dry van fleet. They had at the time approximately 2,500 dry van trucks and usually around 1,000 flat-bed trucks. There is no reason why you should be concerned that you can't get miles running a dry van.

Sounds to me like you may have just answered your own question!

Are there dry van miles short or can u also do otr with them..

Finding a trucking company with a criminal record

You have a charge for marijuana but I have a charge of aggravated assault which happened in 1998. I am highly trained already in driving a city bus, electric commuter train, heavy equipment and a fork lift but if a criminal record will prevent me from landing a truck driving job I don't want to put in the time and money to pursue it. I'd sure like to drive a truck though

I have 3 _3rd degree felonies on my record and finding it hard to get a job my charges are 14 years old ... My driving record is awesome 1 ticket in 35 years ... No drug charges Knight and werner both turned me down.. Did finally get an offer from us, wel, and western ..going with western becaus I want to drive flatbed

Werner Regional / Dedicated vs Western Express

Where ever you go to work in this industry, you are the deciding factor in whether or not you are successful. You hold the keys in your hands to success or failure...If you've got what it takes to be a success at this it's not going to matter whether you go with Werner or Western. Just take a job and do it successfully and safely for one year and your opportunities will be wide open for you in this career.

AMEN!!!! Guyjax nailed it with the CSA situation and Old School nailed it when it comes to being successful in trucking.

It's a blessing having so many awesome experienced drivers in this forum that know the industry and know what it takes to be successful out there. Our moderators are awesome!!!

Hey Guyjax, one time you had said you didn't want to be a moderator so I made your status say "5 Star Advisor". You want to keep that or have it changed to "Moderator" or something else. Nothing would change other than that title and it doesn't matter to me. The regulars here all know how valuable your advice is. I just want to make sure our new visitors know it too.

Thanks for the info im ready to make my decision thAnks again for the info ..

Western express

Ok ladies Ive decided on western express I really liked how they jumped to answer a my questions Wel ..well they were to pushy sent up red flags all over ..I let them know I was nt coming As for express well I dont wNt ti wait another 3 weeks FOR orientation . Im scared im gonna forget everything Anyways I have a good feeling .. Iike going with my guts

Any xpress drivers

Search red gator.. She use to work for wel and she might still work for them.... She posted a lot about wel

Any xpress drivers

Any advice about express or wel I need to make a decision

Choosing COMPANY ..EXPRESS OR WEL

Hi my name is Chris Which Co . Should I go through xpress or Wel. Im a recent graduate 2 weeks im scared im gonna forget everything I learned, xpress has better equipment But I dont leave til oct 12, Wel is a fridge old equipment So confused.. But I can start next week or should I hold of for something else

Choosing my job which co.. HELP

My name is Chris Im a recent graduate, im really having a hard time deciding where to go I have orientation on oct 12 with us xpress.. But I want to g et going I also got accepted to wel orientation starts on the 5 th But something is screaming to stay with my first choice xpress Any good advice out THERE... I dont want to choose wrong but im scared im ginna forget e everything I learned .lol Please help I like that xpress wasnt concerned about my alley docking and they have newer trucks ..

Currently attending CDL School

Go over every morning every break, lunch, it helped me .. Remember A- abrasions B-bulges C- cuts

P- properly M mounted S- secure ABC pms it helped me Remember my lines and hoses You can also get on you tube I'm not sure where u are but I'm sure they would all be the same

A b c Pms It helped me Keep going over it find a stidy pRtner

Currently attending CDL School

Currently attending CDL School

Im currently attending CDL school n I'm soooooo nervous!!! I'm not good at memorizing n just kinda worried bout taking my pti test!!

This has been my passion for many years n I really wanna get my permit just keep praying for help n guidance!!

Does anyone know ways that could help me a little easier??

Ty for taking i like butts time too read my post.

Jen

Hi my name is Chris I just recently graduated and I was petrified that I couldn't remember, I failed the first I went into school everyday early and pretripped my truck , I was determined. And very sad I messed up, my buzz on my airbrakes .. So I knew where I had to study the hardest .. I passed with flying colors the second time .. I get test anxiety so bad ..

Hi i'm brand new to trucking

Thanks so much, i really appreciate that. take care !

Congrats Missi. What I find sad is our ladies forum seems quite dead so I typically use the general one. But welcome! Maybe we can change that :-)

It is quite dead I have left se real questions And no replies it's sad I just recently also received my cdl. I'm starting for us express On Oct 12th AND scared to death