Profile For Twisted sister

Twisted sister 's Info

Marshfield, MO

Company Driver In Training

3 years, 11 months ago

Twisted sister 's Bio

My name is Chris Ive just graduated from C1 trucking, I'm looking forward to being on the road.. I'm 50 years old, I've been a waitress since I was 15. This is kinda alien to me, But I'm very excited

My decision!

Awesome... Glad to hear things worked out. I'd say this whole experience will make you a better driver, and possibly a better trainer someday if you go that route. And, lets face it... you will have a good story to tell when your trainees are whining about how rough it is. lol

Lol..indeed

My decision!

Well, as I've been mowing over my career ..o.k. sulking, feeling like a failure, I decided to call my recruiter and talk to her about my concerns .. I work for western express .. Despite all the bad reviews The horror stories I absolutely love the company and talked to them about my trainer .. He is no longer a trainer .. I want to be a safe driver they did elongate on huch and what had happened ut they seed concerned and was eager for me to come back and finish my training. . Well so off to nashville I go AGAIN I don't want to be a job hopper and would like to finish my training.. You guys are the best and I'm so glad your all here to help .

Happy trails Chris

Is trucking the right move for me !

Well I've been out of school since sept .. My first trainer experience was scary, maybe it was me, I'm starting g to second guessy self maybe I'm not good enough to be a trucker. I do know I put alot of blood swear and tears in this career move. And after my last ordeal I'm very nervous about going back out.. I'm not a complainer I don't like to talk crap about the co..because you guys taught that it's what I get out of it, I'm al.ost considering g going back I left on really good terms , just a little freaked out about the trainer.. I want to be good at my driving career because there's alot more to it ..I have a learning g disability and that makes it a little rough I'm a hands on girl .. So to speak ... I don't want to be a job hopper but I would like a co who's Trai ING is very thorough ..maybe I'm expecting to much Any ideas and please try not to bash me to hard .

I not expecting a suite, it's rough out there and I admire the things truckers go through I'm tough as nails ..mentally physical and emotionaly.. Please help me And words of wisdom..

You had a bad training experience, it happens all the time. Chalk it up as a learning experience you survived to tell about. There are good and bad trainers in every company. Fortunately I believe the good ones out number the bad. If at all possible complete the remainder of your training (Western Express?) as soon as you can. Everyday that passes since the last time you were driving, is a potential setback. It's highly unlikely you will get that trainer again. Otherwise, if you hire on with another carrier they may require you to take a refresher course and start fresh with a new trainer extending your training time and limiting your earning potential.

You managed to get this far in spite of your trainer, something positive as a take away. Take charge and keep moving forward.

Thank you for all your input, your right I've come this far why give up now called my recruiter, since I still don't have a dm.

Let you know my outcome

Is trucking the right move for me !

Well I've been out of school since sept .. My first trainer experience was scary, maybe it was me, I'm starting to second guess myself maybe I'm not good enough to be a trucker. I do know I put a lot of blood swear and tears in this career move. And after my last ordeal I'm very nervous about going back out.. I'm not a complainer I don't like to talk crap about the co..because you guys taught that it's what I get out of it, I'm almost considering g going back I left on really good terms , just a little freaked out about the trainer.. I want to be good at my driving career because there's a lot more to it ..I have a learning g disability and that makes it a little rough I'm a hands on girl .. So to speak ... I don't want to be a job hopper but I would like a company who's training is very thorough ..maybe I'm expecting too much Any ideas and please try not to bash me to hard .

I not expecting a suite, it's rough out there and I admire the things truckers go through I'm tough as nails ..mentally, physically and emotionally.. Please help me Any words of wisdom..

My trainer was a nightmare

What company are you driving for?

ote>

I'm not I've been home 2 weeks ..going stir crazy. Western express

My trainer was a nightmare

My trainer kept falling asleep,at the wheel .. I must say I wasn't real fond of flatbedding .. But I love 5he co..my only complaint is they tell me if I don't flatbed I will never get home time..

I don't know how much home time you need, but I'm dry van and get home twice a month (5 days).

I told them I didn't much home time at least 5 days our of 5he month would of been ok .

So now I'm looking into usa I think I need to be choose this time.. After that ordeal . Not sure I want another trainer..lol

My trainer was a nightmare

Sheeesh! Falling asleep at the wheel?? That's a HUGE problem! Shouldn't you report that to the company? I mean, he could kill himself, his trainee, and innocent motorists... I don't mean to be harsh. But, that is a wreck waiting to happen.

What he said !

It was ray that was my experience my first week on the road training I was flatbedding I know he fell asleep he hit something and bounced me put of the sleeper berth . When I went up front I asked if he was ok he had the air conditioner going full blast music blarring it was crazy .. I wanted out of there.. When I called the person in charge of the trainers I had another load to drop ..we were in jersey when it happened I stayed up front with him after that to keep him wake he finally pulled over and I got to drive I got out to pretrip the truck he got mad made me get in ..I was ****ed Needless t o say when I started driving truck felt weird kept pulling I told him I wanted to check my load and make sure it was still secure ..but we had a deadline he wouldn't let me... When we got there we had a flat tire and my load was falling I was ****ed Needless to say he is no longer a trainer ..I won't flatbed again ..even though I enjoyed it ..well except that to much responsibility when your playing with people's lives.. So now I'm looking for a new co..they wanted me to sit around and wait for a new trainer ..but I came home I was a little freaked out about it

So yes I did tell my dm and anyone I could it wasn't right he no longer trains he yelled at me and was a jerk all the way back to nashville I had to endure another night of him driving at night just as scary as the first night so once again I called and he was so rude cause they called him told him to come back to the yard and bring me back and said I freaked out on him ..ya I freaked he was falling asleep

My trainer was a nightmare

What he said !

My trainer was a nightmare

What he said !

I did report it .. They were mad but I don't think they did anything , they got me out of the truck and I came home ..

My trainer was a nightmare

My trainer kept falling asleep,at the wheel .. I must say I wasn't real fond of flatbedding .. But I love the company..my only complaint is they tell me if I don't flatbed I will never get home time..

WESTERN EXPRESS

I just wanted everyone to know I started at Western express on Sunday finished my orientation and passed all my load securement tests .. I thoroughly have enjoyed everything about this company I read horror story after horror but this company has been great. They own their own hotel. You get breakfast , lunch, and dinner for free.

The staff are very friendly and more then helpful. Tomorrow I leave for my 2 weeks otr training. Thank you Western.

Which training location? I've heard no free dinner and lunch is a bottle of water, bag of chips, and ham on a bun.

Lunch is usually a sandwich chips Dinner is chix fried steak Mash and veggieand a bottle of water

WESTERN EXPRESS

Are you training in automatic ? Just curious

Yes they have both but mostly auto

WESTERN EXPRESS

They have their own hotel? Is it a Best Western?

It's called the hallmark inn very nice rooms with continental

WESTERN EXPRESS

Are you training in automatic ? Just curious

They have both the 2016 are absolutely wonderful..lol

WESTERN EXPRESS

They have their own hotel? Is it a Best Western?

Western bought a hotel just for there trainees.. There really nice room ..

WESTERN EXPRESS

Are you training in automatic ? Just curious

Yes. I'm flatbedding. All of their new trucks are automatics.

Tanker Driver Dies Swerving To Avoid Hurting Motorists

1 dead after fiery tanker truck crash on N.J. Turnpike (Video)

Dramatic dashboard camera footage caught a fiery crash on Wednesday when a tanker truck flipped over a guardrail on the New Jersey Turnpike and burst into flames. The driver was killed.

That's so so sad .. My heart goes out to his family Be safe everyone

WESTERN EXPRESS

Choosing my job which co.. HELP

My name is Chris Im a recent graduate, im really having a hard time deciding where to go I have orientation on oct 12 with us xpress.. But I want to g et going I also got accepted to wel orientation starts on the 5 th But something is screaming to stay with my first choice xpress Any good advice out THERE... I dont want to choose wrong but im scared im ginna forget e everything I learned .lol Please help I like that xpress wasnt concerned about my alley docking and they have newer trucks ..

Hi, Chris.

I was asking this very question when I first joined this site. And you know what Brett, the guy who created this site said? He said to make a list of all of the things you want from your trucking experience. What factors are in your life right now that you may need to preserve? For example, if you have kids or any dependents (taking care of a loved one, etc.), then home time will obviously be a priority for you. Do you have a pet that you are hoping to take with you? Then you want to look at a company that allows pets. What kind of freight do you want to haul? Not a lot of people go for flatbedding because it is very hands-on and it is very physically demanding. Imagine throwing tarps over your freight in the middle of the winter. If you can't imagine what that would be like go check out Old School's profile picture. It takes a very special breed of people to do that and not everyone can. Do you need more hands on training? Some companies have longer training periods.

Make a list of all of the things that are important to you. Then research companies. Call them up and ask questions. Surf their websites. Talk to truckers who currently drive for them. Then go with the company that fits your needs.

Hope I helped some. Feel free to ask for more advice should you need it.

Thank you for the info I went with western my first day of orientation was today.. No kids Don't need he time and I want to flat bed ..lol

Backing help needed

Ok so I've been on the range 2 days now. The instructors we've had so far are nice.. I think, but I'm kinda hoping that at least one of these "borrowed instructors" won't be there next week. I need a reprieve, and I feel like he is completely confusing me.

Yesterday was our first day on the range. We learned our in cab pretrip and started straight line backing. I was having difficulty and I realized I was being too impatient and probably overcorrecting. So then the instructor that was with my group had some sort of emergency and left early.. leaving us basically with no instructor lol. There was an instructor on the range, but there were a dozen students in 3 different trucks at various stages so he had his hands full. There were 4 of us from my class who were range day 1. He had us get in a truck with him and work on our pretrip and straight backing some more. We all did ok so he told us to continue on and he went to another truck. I did well with my straight line backing yesterday after the one instructor left. We were also in a different truck, which I think was more responsive.

So today a repeat.. back in the first less responsive truck. . In cab which I've mastered and straight line backing. It was a mess.. or rather I was a mess. I did it but it was back to "first time sloppy". Everyone got 3 tries/practices, except me... got 1. Then he moves us to offset backing. That's when it completely went downhill for me.

I totally "get" the maneuver. I'd pull straight through up to the cones. Turn my wheel to start the lineup to the other lane.. begin backing slowly to the point where my drive wheels we're in line with the center of the landing gear, countersteer to put the tractor back in front of the trailer where I could see the cones I needed to get the rear of the trailer in between. But he would either stop me short of having the trailer straight. I'd tell him I needed to go a bit further, but he'd insist it was straight when it absolutely wasn't (and im looking at the side of the trailer and can't see my target at all. I'd continue and get it perfectly straight and he would stop me.. make me pull up putting it back out of alignment, then tell me to straightline back to get the rear of the trailer near the target cone. Well, with my limited skill, I couldn't correct such a poorly setup trailer. Well I did it, but hit a cone and was going to be way too close down one side for my comfort, and said I was too close! .. certainly not centered. While this was going on, another student (who had his cdl years ago) walked back there while I'm backing (to pick up the cone) grrr. That made me really made me nervous and the instructor completely confuses me. Btw, that student hit 2 cones, but still got an atta boy, while I get told I'll get it eventually. . Wtf??

I'm glad he won't be there next Friday and already dreading any encounter with him Saturday. He's likeable, don't get me wrong but im thinking he may not be the best one to help me, but what do I know.. maybe he's the best one. Im very frustrated but I know I can absolutely do this.

Sue it's not that we don't have enough ladies checking the ladies forum to get you an answer, its more so that most ladies who are checking this forum are still in the early stages of the CDL process or deciding to move forward with a trucking career. I am going to copy and paste this question in the main forum and see what responses we can get you. In the meantime, keep your head up and try speaking with the other instructor to find out what the problem might be.

Do not feel bad I just came from a Scholls that was a complete cluster f=!==.. It took me awhile to figure it out ... you can do it...I seen them do that to alot of girls this one girl we were going out to do our road tests just with the instructor she pulled out in front of a rig and almost killed us, passed hers ...I kissed a curb and he failed me I was bent and he yelled at me all day ..til oI flipped out on him.. It sucks if your doing that good already your doing great don't let the negative stuff get you there weeding out the week iny book ...seeing if your gonna be able to handle it.. I don't know if he was trying to see if he could make me cry or what but, I don't give anyone that satisfaction...lol You can do it girl Keep up the good work