Comments By SamTon

https://cal16han.edublogs.org/files/2013/05/Patriotic_Semi_Truck23_CDL_Life-2jhvkg8.jpg avatar
  • SamTon
  • Comments:

DOT Physical

Currently in the waiting room to get my Physical done. So excited to get the ball rolling! Next step is to get my Permit. I plan on Leaving for training with Swift on February 15th!

best wishes. I still need to have mine done

Thought for the Day

Good thought I just worry about screwing up because this is something I want badly good thing I have my wife here for support. She is the one that found TT

It's offical

Congrats SamTon. I think you'll be happy over here.

Thanks. Southern. You want to be my trainer? Haha

It's offical

Congratulations! I hope all goes well for you. I have been trying to get prequalified with them for weeks. My recruiter has been on vacation.

Thanks keep calling it will happen

It's offical

That was supposed to be quoted & replied...makes for difficult reading LOL. Sorry about that.

It took me awhile to figure out how to do it. lol

It's offical

Congratulations! Is there typically such a delay (a month seems a bit steep) in onboarding new hires?

I chose it that way busy tying up loose ends before I leave

It's offical

I'm in I start orientation on February 29. I'm soo excited and thanks for all the great advice and everyone so helpful on here

Way to go, SamTon. On leap year day no less. Very cool!

I was going to go on the seventh of March but thought it would be cool to start on leap year. I will be away for my birthday which is the first

It's offical

Awesome! Congratulations!

Best wishes for success.

Thanks G-town!

It's offical

Congratulations! Melton Truck Lines, Inc. has approved your application to become a professional O.T.R. driver for the premier flatbed carrier in the country pending the completion of the application and orientation process.

Info maybe some can use

I am sure you could ask them. I am not really sure. We already have Uverse internet and no tv so I am hoping if we add the tv then we will be set since we already have ATT wireless. Also if you had a tv and a roku, you could watch stuff on it from the wifi.

Info maybe some can use

I just found out that ATT is starting this new thing tomorrow. Where you can have unlimited Data, text, talk if you have tv with direct or ATT Uverse. I know this may help us, but wanted to share if any of you might be interested.

Wifi at truck stop question

I just found out this starts tomorrow for anyone with ATT wireless that will have direct TV or UVERSE tv!! Like $100 unlimited everything for the first line.

What Super Truckers do on their off days

But ... I posted this for the tractor pull! I've seen pulls for (duhh) tractors. I've never seen one for diesel semis.

You mean like this tractor pull????

semi-truck-tow-of-four-brand420-new-Kenw

hahaha

OTR vs no OTR to get your dream job

The problem with finding a local truck driving job is that most require 1yr to 2yr experience, unless you have connections.

Regional will still keep you away from home at least to two weeks at a time. Most companies don't offer regional until 90 or more days after your hire date.

You may be best served to get your passenger endorsement and drive a school bus or city bus if being home is a concern. Most newbie truck drivers have to earn their stripes over the road at least a year or two before home every day opportunities become available.

Getting a school bus job is easy. We need drivers everyday. State retirement and insurance is the reason most do it. If you love the little angels it would be easy

Test

I was suppose to test out today jan 8th but we got snowed out I wish I had completed it Im tired of worring about it my downshifting sucks and I think im goig to fail the road skills portion

steve j

Don't feel bad I'm nervous and I have been around trucks my entire life

Dang cpap

On the subject of Sleep Apnea and CPAP's, what if I bring my own machine? I've been using one for about 10 years now, got the mask and everything.

If I walk in telling them I have this, will they still require me to do the whole study? Trying to sleep with more wires in your head than R2D2 ain't easy even if you don't have sleep apnea..

my application was put on hold until I send in my paper say I use it 70% of 30 days total and then I'm good

Ever to old to OTR

I turn 51 the Week I start orientation so you should be good

Flatbed likes dislikes

You guys make me want to do flatbed. I just don't know how I'd handle the tarps. I'm not physically strong by any means. I hurt my wrists easily, don't have much strength in my hands. And my arms...not stron either. How can you handle heavy tarps that way??

it looks like your massage therapy training would help you. I couldn't do all that rubbing for an hour

Flatbed likes dislikes

So I post that and then have the most demanding and challenging day of my 3 months into this career by far. By a very long shot. I ask why they call it suicide and my response is " Shotgun please!"

momma said there would be day's like this. Lol

Dang cpap

Good luck SamTon

Thanks. I have a few days left before the 30 days are up then I fax it to them. It should be fine just ready to get started