Profile For David A.

David A.'s Info

Riverside, CA

Experienced Driver

6 years, 11 months ago

David A.'s Bio

Road dog

Off to roadrunner transportation system .

thanks for the info i cant really get any recent info everthing i see online is old info im trying to talk to someone who works there but cant get ahold of none whichmight be goodthing tells me they're probably to busy running miles . so hopefull its good .

I see RoadRunner trucks running up and down the road fairly regularly. I can't tell you what what they are governed at, but they have zero issues passing me up. I did notice every truck I have seen so far says: "Leased and Operated by RoadRunner Transportation."

Off to roadrunner transportation system .

Yea i seen that to but i have to problem leaving if it comes down to that i will deffinately not lease from them no way orientation is one day so it pretty fast process Monday then leave tue . so its moving pretty fast .

flying out sunday for orientation hopefully its good company .

Dave, hopefully you did some research to find out that Roadrunner is a good company before you commit to the training!

I looked at their web pages. It looks like they may push Owner/Operator on you. Trucking Truth recommends sticking with Company Driver status.

Good luck!

Thought on volvo 780 auto .

thanks for the info it seems to be pretty good truck from what im hearing i dont mind as long as runs good and makes me money .

I've only test driven a newer one (recently) for about 20 miles - I've driven the older generation I-Shift for a few hours, and it was good. The newer gen is as smooth and as much fun to drive as the new 9-speed auto in my '16 Honda Pilot.

I'd take one in a heartbeat if offered - and a 780 over a 670 - they're roomier and companies that go for the 780 tend towards the upgraded model with fridge and workstation/dinette setup. The top bunk with a good mattress is way more comfortable than the "sectional" pillows for the bench seats.

It would be my #1 choice - but right up there with it is the KW-T680. The autoshifters in those are pretty slick too.

Rick

Thought on volvo 780 auto .

thanks im not to picky as long as it makes me money .

I drive a Freightliner Auto. No complaints. I think Old School drives a Volvo I Shift. He'll chime in on this I'm sure. Rick is also a fan of the Volvo I Shift.

Current CRST Employee: Options?

Maybe check with gardner trucking crst recently bought them out they're still called garder tho and still run solo regional and some otr and local maybe you can transfer over idk never hurts to give it a shot i worked at crst and personly had a bad experience also .

Off to roadrunner transportation system .

flying out sunday for orientation hopefully its good company .

Thought on volvo 780 auto .

company im going with is running volvo 680 and volvo 780 thoughts on the auto never driven automatic tractor before .

roadrunner

info about the company and r&m

Two job offers

I would have to agreewith rainy.d what fits best for you .

Roadrunner/r&m anyinfo on r&m transportation anything???

anyone have any info on r&m transportation anything??? i applied at roadrunner and they want me to go to there refrigerated side / sister company r&m transportation

Automatics in Winter question?

"Second chance" if you get any info on this scenario please let me know because i also switched to auto from a 10 speed freightliner and i am now in a t680 kw 2015 the shifting is still allittle weird because i still find my self reaching for the shifter lol

Orientation tomorrow back at it again jbs carriers

Took the drive test backing test and physical day one pretty easy backing test drive test has some sharp turns tho .

Orientation tomorrow back at it again jbs carriers

I believe they do hire new trainees as long as you have your cdl ill find out info this morning .

Orientation tomorrow back at it again jbs carriers

Will keep everyone posted on the process and on my time here so far really nice hotel room ....

Need Help Regarding My License

What school did you go through and when you were taught did you drive 10 speed or auto ?

Just graduated trucking school

Congratulations driver My personal opinion and top two options would be melton and Schneider melton actually my number one they keep you busy with lots of miles as long as you can run them tarp pay is pretty good copared to some and i believe they start you at 40 cpm which is good for a newbie had a good friend work for them and he likes it on the other hand Schneider will probably offer more home time .

Jbs carriers ..

Jbs carriers who has info on them good bad anything plz ..

New truck new company

Good afternoon drivers does anyone have any info on jbs carriers im going to be attending their orientation monday ??preferably someone who works there

Trucker's GPS , which one do you have ?

Rand mcnally

High Road training!

Ok cool i know its a long process but it worth it in the end but the head aches dont know bout that haha lol the best part i feel is that feeling of accomplishment ...