Profile For PackRat

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 3 months ago

PackRat's Bio

I'm a rookie.

PackRat's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 hour, 20 minutes ago

Can I get a job with my driving record?

Holy cow, you don’t learn from your mistakes do you? As Bobcat Bob wrote, it will be several years from now before anyone will consider you, and THAT WILL BE WITH NO TICKETS FROM HERE ON OUT. Right now, you are way too much of a liability on any carriers insurance plan. Just curious on your age now?

Posted:  2 hours, 26 minutes ago

Thinking of Packrat...

Ensure??? Oh my, that’ll be the day.rofl-3.gif I likely will be seen with four eggs scrambled, a six ounce ribeye, four slices of thick bacon and a cup of coffee before I start eating. 10 to 12 hours later I’ll have my second and final meal of the day. Thanks for the well wishes yesterday, today and every day as I head forward.thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  2 hours, 32 minutes ago

Overnight parking at rest stops in PA

0017113001553564919.jpg

My mirror is dirty but this guy is almost blocking the lane behind. I just backed up a bit to give more clearance to my front. I’m right at the line.

Those flatbed guys....!smile.gif

Posted:  5 hours, 19 minutes ago

Motorists soon may encounter a different kind of truck convoy

His name is Jason, so I was totally wrong with my name recall ability. Apologies to all the Brian's on here.smile.gif

Posted:  8 hours, 27 minutes ago

Thinking of Packrat...

PackRat, I like tough guys. You are the new poster child for them as far as I'm concerned.

We're all thrilled you are doing so well.

Whatever! Have you looked at your profile pic recently? That is a tough go, too.smile.gif

Posted:  8 hours, 31 minutes ago

Motorists soon may encounter a different kind of truck convoy

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. SMH

confused.gif

No it isn’t! Brian’s explanation of going lease has to be judging by all your replies.rofl-3.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  8 hours, 34 minutes ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Paul. I dont currently have time to find his diary but I dont believe he still posts despite having gone back to prime.

Thanks Rob T.! Cant find his diary though but yes, Paul is the guy.

Rob for the win! I’d not gotten to that diary of Paul’s yet, but it was definitely one I was going to add, Splitter. I started at the far end and am working to the present. Getting there.....slowly.....puff,puff,puff.rofl-1.gif

Posted:  8 hours, 37 minutes ago

Can't Get in Upper Sleeper and Worried

Keith S. Welcome to the Trucking Truth site for honest answers. That disability may also affect your actually landing a job. We need to hop in and out of trailers several times per week, too. How are you with general walking? I’ve had to walk well over a quarter mile, one way, to check in at a shipper/receiving office before.

Posted:  11 hours, 40 minutes ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Still want me to keep hunting for more?

Oh heck yeah! I very much appreciate it. I've made a master list of all of them to this point. If you find more good ones definitely let me know.

Okay, I’ll continue the hunt!

Posted:  11 hours, 43 minutes ago

Thinking of Packrat...

According to the professionals and judging by how I feel, I’m doing great. Another PLUS day yesterday, with vital stats and lab result numbers all looking good. Took four longer walks yesterday, all of these involving the stairs. Also, got to have my first shower in a month. Heavenly!!! Had my second biopsy on the new heart this morning. Simple in-and-out procedure of under 15 minutes, updating if the new one is performing well and if it is experiencing any signs of rejection. I have to do these each Monday for the next month (six weeks total). Worst part of this is the requirement to fast at least 12 hours beforehand each time, so no breakfast this morning at 0600. Thanks all for continued thoughts and prayers.thank-you.gifthank-you.gifthank-you.gif

Posted:  11 hours, 54 minutes ago

Motorists soon may encounter a different kind of truck convoy

The truck platooning appears to me as too much risk for the reward possibly gained. As PlanB. observed, one problem could lead to a huge catastrophe all to save some fuel money? I’ve been following this topic for the past two years, and have heard many theories and explanations on the concepts and I’m not a fan.

Posted:  12 hours ago

Cautionary tale

Good post that you shared with everyone, Bruce. Every driver, now or future, can learn from this. Keep the big picture in sight, but don’t forget about all the small pieces of the puzzle you might encounter while getting there.

Posted:  14 hours, 16 minutes ago

When a rookie thinks like a truck driver.

Commit this to memory!

Posted:  15 hours, 17 minutes ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Thanks a ton for these everyone! These really are fantastic experiences that people will enjoy reading.

Brett, will this compilation be coming out in a coffee book table size?

I'm not sure what format to put these in at this point. I should probably create a page for "the best of the forum" with links to our best conversations over the years. I should also put these into some sort of book format so they're all in one place.

I don't know. I'm still pondering that.

Still want me to keep hunting for more?

Posted:  15 hours, 20 minutes ago

Ok CB poll

I would rank a CB radio (and a high-quality antenna) high on the list of “must haves”, right up there with a fridge and a microwave. Road conditions, severe weather alerts, getting directions, reporting accidents, and calling out for help are just a handful of tasks it can help to facilitate.

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Topic #3642 by Steven N (aka Wilson)...”My Private CDL School Experience As A Veteran”.

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Topic #820 by Rolling Thunder...”Starting School On July 8”.

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

Help Me Find The Best Stories From Our Training Diaries

Topic #459 by Amanda...”I’d Like Some Advice On Becoming A Truck Driver”.

Posted:  1 day, 6 hours ago

Oregon Dui Diversion/Driving record

Tell the recruiters you talk with just what you typed here. Can’t go wrong with honesty. Try and hide stuff and it will be discovered, as the companies do extremely thorough background checks.

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

Flat-bedding Is Easy!

We do. That’s how we outdo the youngsters.