Comments By PackRat

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0269149001549643361-49813.jpg avatar
  • PackRat
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 days, 1 hour ago

Long Overdue Update

Congratulations!

dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif

There has been a plethora of good news on here today.

Posted:  4 days, 1 hour ago

Starting My New Career With Prime Inc.

A dynamite intro for a training diary!

I'll be one of many following along. Don't be shy with any questions. There are quite a few Prime drivers on here actively.

Posted:  4 days, 1 hour ago

DOT physical question

I would be looking for a Self Cure.

I'll get bashed by some, but I feel strongly that a lot of the newer disorders, afflictions, maladies, and syndromes of the previous 30 years are created by the medical community and the pharmaceutical industry mainly.

Posted:  4 days, 1 hour ago

Got upgraded!

Congratulations!

Refresh my old memory: who are you driving for? Your Bio is blank.

Posted:  4 days, 1 hour ago

Stoopid U-turn of the day

That’s a termination at Schneider.

and a lot of other companies, especially when it's going to involve a heavy wrecker.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

DOT physical question

Have you been diagnosed by any doctor for this anxiety?

That's a question on the medical form.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Stoopid U-turn of the day

Not worse than Prime!

That's true, but I often forget about them since I am always looking forward in life not in the mirrors. smile.gif

I like those Prime trucks because they're one of the few trucks I'm able to pass. I get in the hammer lane for about 12 minutes daily.

Posted:  4 days, 3 hours ago

Why I avoid terminals like the plague

I hope you get well and healed up again pronto!

good-luck.gif

I actually enjoy hanging out at the terminals and starting rumors.

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 days, 3 hours ago

Stoopid U-turn of the day

And for a fleet of company trucks they see to have the most mismatched and random assortment of brands and colors I've ever seen.

Not worse than Prime!

Posted:  4 days, 3 hours ago

Thus goes the best laid plans of Mice and Men

Glad you got that CB setup all finished. Definitely a big difference.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Thus goes the best laid plans of Mice and Men

Shoot, I'm at the first stop of a two stop load. Scheduled appointment of 0130, so I arrived at 0110.

"We don't have any forklift operators until maybe 0600."

I finally finished unloading 10 pallets at 0835.

Delays suck, but they're inevitable, especially with this ScamDemic for more than a year.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

TV Makeover Pilot especially for Truckers

When would a driver have the time?

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Stoopid U-turn of the day

Too bad he wasn't riding on All Terrain tires!

rofl-3.gif rofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Had foot surgery, was prescribed Vicodin (opoid)

Save the bottle with all the information on its label, too.

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Where’s everyone at what’s you 20 how’s the weather??

Waxahachie, Texas at Owens Corning, the first stop of a two stop trip. 45 degrees and clear skies.

Only thing missing are their forklift operators. I arrived early for the scheduled unload, check in, then am told no forklift drivers, so no unloading until after 0600. That's the same time as the final stop in Tyler, Texas, 110 miles from here. Not going to make that one, nor will I make it to the next shipper for that 1365 mile trip I was planned out for. Today is shot before the first 50 miles...

Thanks Owens Corning! Luv ya this much!

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Should I keep my CDL?

Go to the top, left corner on the home page and click on the three lines.

Choose the GPS Tracker.

Once the map is displayed, use two fingers to expand or zoom in on a particular pin showing any member.

It will show most street or business locations.

Posted:  4 days, 18 hours ago

Instant Pot on the road

The next cooking appliance I purchase will be one. With that, and a charcoal grill this Spring, I'll have it all covered:

InstaPot, charcoal grill, George Foreman, Presto electric skillet, microwave, and a rice cooker.

You can cook rice in the InstaPot.

That's what I've heard, so that's a bonus. A swap of space, instead of an increasing number of items. Thanks TCB.

Posted:  4 days, 18 hours ago

Papa Pigs Zainy Rookie Solo Adventures

Great decision! You handled that perfectly.

Posted:  4 days, 21 hours ago

First Incident as a new Driver. Will I get fired?

What bumped the other guy's trailer, your truck or your trailer?

Just go through all the reporting processes: call the accident number, message dispatch, take lots of pictures.

You should be fine since you're a new driver. It could have been much worse. Next time, if you're where you should be, don't swerve out of the way.

Posted:  4 days, 21 hours ago

Lumper fees

I agree with Errol, in that a lot more background information is needed for an answer.

Are you an owner operator, leased to a company, or an independent operator with your own authority utilizing a broker?