Comments By PackRat

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0269149001549643361-49813.jpg avatar
  • PackRat
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 days, 11 hours ago

Game: What Excites You Now That You Drive?

Speaking of cabins in the woods, here’s mine.

0970509001561245050.jpg0199044001561245085.jpg

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

Game: What Excites You Now That You Drive?

I get a kick out of driving on a stretch of road I’ve never been on before. It seems like there are fewer roads I’ve never seen.

I like seeing the changing of the seasons, and the different times they occur in different areas of the country.

I like getting a difficult backing problem every now and then (as long as it works out).

I like it when a shipper or receiver gets me out in under a half hour in the dock. This happens so seldom I should probably write it down.

I like getting a bypass signal when I encounter a chicken coop.

I really enjoy Vail Pass when it’s not snowing and the chain laws aren’t in effect.

I like open delivery times on drop and hook dispatches.

I like picking up a new empty and having all the lights operating, all the tires in good condition, and the inside has been swept out by the last driver.

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

Told to drive when it's obvious you're too tired.

This was spoken of in another thread, so I’ll bump it up again. Priceless!

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

My 80 Yr old mom found YouTube truckers!

Here's a link to a Lively Discussion We Had Concerning "Abe"

Ahhhh! How could I forget that idiot???rofl-3.gif

Posted:  2 days, 13 hours ago

FedEx Freight Driver Apprentice

What state are you in? I am near Boca Raton Florida and tried to find a position like this but haven't come across anything yet. Curious to follow the journey and learn how you came across this.

It reads North East, PA on his profile.

Posted:  2 days, 13 hours ago

My 80 Yr old mom found YouTube truckers!

Abe?

Posted:  2 days, 18 hours ago

My 80 Yr old mom found YouTube truckers!

Your Mom figured it all out in a few days, while the majority of those on the videos never figure it out.

smile.gif

Thanks for posting her observations.

Posted:  3 days, 8 hours ago

Mountain Girl (Coloradans)

Con Way disappeared a few years ago and LTL is XPO and truckload became the relaunch of CFI.

Posted:  3 days, 9 hours ago

Prime Inc Week 2 Of CDL School, Day 1 of 1 on 1 Instruction

That is some good news!good-luck.gif

Posted:  3 days, 13 hours ago

New career with a "best fit" for me.

Starting to be a driver to prop up a failing business will not work. The opportunity to make really good money out here driving is real, but I would rethink your long term solution for that business that’s struggling. As above, this is a full time commitment, not a job. You’re either all in or you might as well stay home and not waste your time, because there is NO in between.

We’re glad you’re here asking these questions now, SuperBee. good-luck.gif

Posted:  3 days, 13 hours ago

Half of us will be unemployed in 5 years.

Better start filling out applications and updating the resume.

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  3 days, 14 hours ago

Friday Short Haul - Shippers of Choice, insurance rates, wheel spikes, WIT award

All the trucks I’ve seen have mirrors that stick out further than any lug nut covers. Regardless, if he got that close to any truck, I’d blame the four wheeler. As OS wrote, this is another made up story, and now another family has a terrible view of truckers for no reason. So it goes.....

Posted:  3 days, 17 hours ago

Dash Cam Again

The main camera inside the cab is mounted up high on the windshield, so with the visors down (how I always have them), I cannot see the camera. I run the two satellite cameras attached to the underside of each mirror. Cables routed out the doors through the mirror mounts. This part took some time, but I don’t like looking at any wires. Setup was quicker than reading all parts of the owner manual, so very easy. It’s no more difficult than figuring out how the features work on a GPS.

Posted:  3 days, 19 hours ago

Dash Cam Again

Here’s mine that I bought at The Iowa 80 last year for under $250. There online catalog has several others as well.

0314027001561131352.jpg0658725001561131376.jpg

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

2 cdl sponsorship companies, 2 variations of dmv record, please help !

Once a year, go to the HireRight website and get your DAC report for free. It’s just like a credit report for CDL drivers. Has all the pertinent information on there that has been reported on you such as tickets, accidents, drug screen results, employment history (for driving).

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Pucker Factor

That’s not going to work most of the time because cases are packed differently and containers will hold more or less (size, cans, bottles). Some cases are even different. Could be 24 or it could be 30.

I would not recommend your inexperienced thinking to anyone because your logic is flawed.

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Prime Inc Week 2 Of CDL School, Day 1 of 1 on 1 Instruction

And we look forward to reading your posts, Thorpester!good-luck.gif

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Which company would offer regular home time?

Youtube is also a great place to go for owner op success stories. They will show the statements with the net earnings after deductions.

RIGHT!rofl-3.gif I could go to the liars counter in the truck stop restaurant coast to coast and hear all the success stories just as easily.rofl-3.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Pucker Factor

You can glance at a beer load and tell the right hole?

Explain that one to the rest of the class, please.

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Pucker Factor

What are "water pallets"? (Exposing my ignorance again, but maybe I'm not the only one wondering.)

Reading "water-pallets" from your point of view; that could be confusing. I think though that G-Town is simply referring to pallets loaded with bottles of water. Lol! That's my take anyway.

undefinedsmile.gif

I'm guessing that water pallets are a reefer thing, which would explain why this box hauling old man doesn't know the term. We'll see, I'm sure G-Town will explain.

Water on pallets is hauled in dry vans, too. I’ve done many of them, and always heavy, just like a beer load.