Comments By Bucket

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig9.jpg avatar
  • Bucket
  • Comments:

Finally!!!

I too finally got my CDL A last Wednesday. Took four tries, also had to wait the 30 days after third try. Therefore I know how happy you are. A big congregation! ! I'm also looking at XPO. Let us know how orientation goes. I was told thay have 7500 minimum, with no team training. I would like to know if that's true.

Job interview with Schneider

Thanks Kurt, great info. I'm seeking a Midwest regional. Promising out five then home for 34 reset. I should learn a lot from the phone intreview. General freight and lots of drop & hook.

Job interview with Schneider

I'm scheduled to interview tomorrow. Anything special I need to ask. All Schneider drivers: how hard is it to get the Schneider bonus? I don't remember, but seems Schneider has a very short time with trainers.

Whoohoo!!!

Girl you're way ahead of me! I finally passed. Now to find the right company. Home time is very important. That probably means less miles plus fewer cpm. Very glad to hear things are better and going your way!

Failed CDL Skills Test For 3rd Time - What Now?

I didn't know you had to go until I saw the truck bobtail and going to the bull pen. Sorry you didn't get to stay. I know you had a feeling they wouldn't let you stay. Do you get to come back? Sorry I missed you! Good luck and stay safe.

High Road vs the Book

Oklahoma manual has the 419 feet and the test answer was more than a football field. Now you know the answer, not to worry.

Failed CDL Skills Test For 3rd Time - What Now?

I just got here in Drumright! Check with XPO, they will sponsor and I believe you can attend Central Tech. Sorry you didn't make it to the road. I got to the road twice, but pointed out, and got to many points doing the driver side parallel on Mt third try. I the last student that gets a fourth attempt. Call XPO and ask for Courtney.

Pre-trip inspection checklist for DMV pre-trip exam (please proof read)

Problems I read don't use damaged as a description. Glass, not broken cracked or missing. Metal not bent broken or missing nuts and bolts. Rubber no abrasion bulges or cuts. Any items with air or liquid not leaking. I'll be on campus Thursday, try to find you.

Central Tech Drumright OK

It was easy to figure the only girl in the new backing class! You will be long gone before I get back. I didn't get out and look (GOAL) . First test I got 68 needed 70, second, I got the gal from Enid, third after passing skills twice, can't believe I pointed out on driver side parallel. My local tag office employee couldn't believe I still didn't get my CDL-A. She thinks thay may be being harder on me because of my age. I know that wasn't the case for not getting the driver side parallel right. That's on me for not getting out and looking! But I'll be back and Friday the 13th comes on Wednesday next month! LOL :) GOOD LUCK WEDNESDAY!! I think you got this.

Offset Backing is Killing Me

Try to get Mr. Davis help you. He really helped me.

Offset Backing is Killing Me

Remember turn your wheel away from the lane you are going to back into. Put a pen in your pocket. If you are backing into the left lane put the pen in your left pocket. That way you will know which lane you started in. After finding the V and getting straight, if you can't find the cone, pull-up until you see it. Then straight back. If you can practice on the skid plate. The slight up hill will help. Good luck you can do this!

Multiple stop load

Can't help with your question, but glad to see you are on the road!

Hi all, I am new to this forum and TruckingTruth

Sorry old school, I was able to bank the pre-trip! Passed the skills 90, passenger off-set, but needed 70 for road trip got 68. Then re-test got the 90 again driver off-set, but didn't pass road test. Examiner said I impeded traffic! I was telling all the driving I did for the school not the drive for cdl test. I was surprised I couldn't pass a 15 mile drive after all the miles I drove during training. My shifting is good, I signal, know the sign I just passed, didn't pull out with any traffic within quarter mile, performed an emergency stop. I test again July 13!

Introduction & Starting CDL School

Toonces, wish I had known you were on here when we had lunch at the antiques and more cafe! They throw a lot at you but if you have studied cdl training on this site you will easily ace the tdt class work. I'll be back for finally cdl test. I get to practice July 7,8,11,12, and test the 13! Mr. Mcmillan was my instructor. I'm thinking the examiners are extra tough on me because of my age. Can't prove that being I'm the only witness! Don't let the pre-trip get to you. Just get the verbiage down. Metal not bent, cracked, or broken. Rubber no abrasions, bulges, or cuts. Glass not broken, cracked, or missing. If it has air or liquid that it isn't leaking. I made 98 on my tdt pre-trip test, I missed the light in the middle of the trailer, and didn't say the compressor operating range was 100 to 120. I also passed the 90° twice, had to do both driver and passenger off-set, and two straight back for 170 feet. But pointed out on driver side parallel. Sure glad I found you. Central Tech is a great school! Even though I haven't passed yet I know I've got the best training possible. And best of all they are giving me one more chance. That's something many don't get. Sorry you will be gone before I get back.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and TruckingTruth

Sounds like you may some new info. I'm sure learning to drive a truck is a big job. I just finished a 240 hour truck training, and drove a bit over six hundred highway miles. Half those were loaded miles and another hundred was at night. With all the research I've done I haven't found, or read any school that does that much training. Only two students to a truck. The highway miles required me to drive through OKC, across DOT scale, leave a divided highway with posted 20 mph with clover leaf, then immediately exit to reverse direction so I could make a left turn, at a traffic light. That left turn led to an active railroad crossing. Only enough space between light an track for one truck and trailer. Plenty of space but if a truck is there you can't turn until light and space are both available. The drives also required two lane through small towns with traffic lights, and some four-way stops. Then after these accomplishes I can pass pre-trip inspection, skills that involved alley dock, straight back, and driver plus passenger side off-set. But have been denied the cdl. The school instructors are giving me the good driver grade. Grade is poor, fair, good. I've driven with five different instructors. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Flattie is Officially leaving for Company training!

I too thought you was with Swift! What is this new company offering that Swift doesn't have? I remember a few weeks back I mentioned XPO but you went with Swift, best fit for you. XPO would have sent you forty fives miles from home. Drumright tdt @ Central Tech. Hope you haven't made any bad decisions! Please keep us informed.

My Swift Journey, cont.

Hey Lemmy_lives, great read. Sounds like your getting good miles. I was wondering about Flatie haven't seen her post in a while. Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading and enjoying your journey.

Change of Plans

Hey, good luck. I too have checked XPO and they sound ok to me. Will follow your post. Thanks in advance for info.

Test day

Yes, test is with empty trailer. Tuesday is skills practice day. Upto date I've logged almost five hundred road and city miles. I feel pretty confident I'll pass Wednesday.

Test day

Thanks Errol, I just returned with a 35000 lb load on a 140 mile road trip going east through Tulsa. Had lunch in Big Cabin. Then back through Tulsa going west. In a school truck loaded with junk. Mostly pieces of concrete. Great experience, tomorrow another road trip west through OKC. West to Elk City, then back to Drumright Ok. Then two nights, Tuesday and Wednesday of night driving. Wednesday will be a road trip with the loaded trailer. New test day Thursday 6/2/16. If after these road trips I can't pass the driving portion, I'll fire myself! LOL