Comments By Joshua P.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/red-pete-2.jpg avatar
  • Joshua P.
  • Comments:

Prime's PSD phase wrapping up

So its coming to the end of my PSD phase in training. Going to practice some backing over the weekend then testing for the CDL license monday, i got this! good-luck-2.gif

Prime inc. PSD underway

Good luck, Josh! Please keep us updated, as I am going to be applying to Prime once I retire from the Army

thank-you.gif

I also replied to your license question hope it helps.

Question for Prime Inc Drivers

Im a prime trainiee from Connecticut and i have a Missouri cdl permit and will be getting my license monday and you DO have to transfer your CDL license to your home state, just check the dmv rules from your state. But im not sure about you current drivers license being from another state. The only thing i had was a different address on my license. I dont think you will have a problem as the state of Missouri actually voids your current license and gives you a Missouri license and cdl permit with prime's address. After upon passing the skills test you will get a Missouri CDL license also with primes address. Whenever you go home you will transfer the Missouri license for your resident states so you can fix it then aslong as you have proof of residence of where you live now. Like i said check your states laws on transfering and you should be alright. Good luck!

Prime inc. PSD underway

Good luck with everything, Joshua! I'm here at Campus Inn until Friday I think.

I got my badge and completed everything so im heading to the Millennium building tomorrow. Where are you here? Im the only josh in the class you probably seen me.

Darn! Wish I would have seen this yesterday. I would have said hello after the driver meeting.

Wait...did you go to the meeting with the health coach after the driver meeting?? If so, I'm sure you saw me. I was the fool that had to leave after my trainer contacted me. LOL Soooo embarrassing....

rofl-2.gif

I was the same fool that did the same axact thing in the same place, but stan was talking. Ps didnt call you a foolsorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gif

Cleared to drive!

I got my upgrade badge, finished driving simulators today so theres my day 4. Day 3 was nothing but working on simulators. Day 5 is the trip to prime's Millennium building for a tour and a day on the pad in real trucks. Its been a week but i made it through.

Prime inc. PSD underway

Good luck with everything, Joshua! I'm here at Campus Inn until Friday I think.

Prime inc. PSD underway

Why did it censor the word "shifting "???*

Cause the TT editor knew you meant "clutching" .

Thats what i ment lol.

Prime inc. PSD underway

Why did it censor the word "shifting "???*

Prime inc. PSD underway

Day 2 is in the bag. First thing in the morning we went over electronic and paper logs. Ive passed the permit exam, finished the computer training and completed double ****ing an 8 speed on the simulators and also upshifting and safe starts. Im still waiting on my prior employer to send a verification im trying to get him to do it tomarrow at noon.

Prime inc. PSD underway

Thanks Brett

Prime inc. PSD underway

Day 1 is completed with nothing but waiting in lines for drug test, physical, driving simulators and interviews. Day 2 will consist of more simulators and a trip to DMV for my permit and then finishing the computer aided training which is due Wednesday. Im confident ill pull this off. Ill keep you guys posted. Later.

Prime Inc. Eco49 (light weight) vs full size. Assigned or choice?

Thanks, when the time comes ill make the request.

Saying goodbye to OTR

Your leaving, I'm just getting started... Good luck and be safe.

Prime Inc. Eco49 (light weight) vs full size. Assigned or choice?

I'm down to two more days until I head out to Missouri. After training is done and I go solo, will I get to choose available trucks or to they assign what's available? OR do they automatically assign me to a lightweight truck? I will be pulling reefer. I know running light weight trucks offers higher pay rate. I rather take the pay cut by running a full size instead. Either way as long as I'm on the road, I'm happy. So anyways, do I have a choice or will I?

Approved for Prime orientation!

Approved for Prime orientation!

I'm confident I've been studying since December. I went over the entire High Road Program... I got this!

Approved for Prime orientation!

Just got told that everything checks out with my background and I have the all clear for my training at Prime Inc. I'm scheduled to catch the Greyhound on Saturday the 9th of July. Keep y'all posted! dancing-banana.gifsmile.gif

US Passports

I would think you'd need to carry your actual passport. The card is for you to have a record of the number in case you lose your passport.

Incorrect.

The card is good for Mexico, Canada and (most) Cruise Ships.

I have both for international travel - but carry the card, as well as my TWIC.

Also - little known fact - TWIC will get you through the priority line at airports.

Rick

So all I need is the card for trucking? Btw I am not planning to go overseas anytime soon.

US Passports

Will a US passport card alone do for trucking into Canada or Mexico? Or do I need a book?

Hours of service

10 hour break taken consecutively resets your 11 hour driving and 14 hour on duty time. Must take at least 30 minute break during 8 hours driving. The 11 and 14 hour clocks are pretty much time limits of driving if both the 11 or 14 run out, you cant drive until you take a 10 hour break in sleeper berth or off duty. Like Anchorman said, check out the High Road CDL training program for alot more details it is extremely helpful and it'll explain everything.