Comments By Miss Red

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/red-pete3.jpg avatar
  • Miss Red
  • 6 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Prime Company Drivers Please Read

Daniel and Craig - Are you guys driving the lightweight trucks in order to make that pay?

Tax deduction worksheets etc. for trucking

We can claim our meals if we are on the road?

Tax deduction worksheets etc. for trucking

I like the way you broke that down. I know the first couple of times I itemize and file quarterly that I'm going to be stumbling, but it doesn't seem terribly difficult.

( IF I lease :] )

Tax deduction worksheets etc. for trucking

I completely agree. Turbotax is incredibly friendly. The one year I was lazy and had H&R prepare my taxes - they screwed them up. I'd go into detail, but basically my taxes were held for weeks due to an error they made.

I'll be continuing to use Turbotax, though I am curious... Phox, you are figuring out your quarterly payments with Turbotax?

Tax deduction worksheets etc. for trucking

Thanks for linking those lists Phox. I noticed on the first list it had things such as coffee maker, sirius radio, etc. Can you really claim these things?

Wifi on the road

It's $95 now? Wow. Yeah, I've been grandfathered in to lots of things that either don't seem to be offered anymore or have different pricing. Either way, I still love T-Mobile. I've been with them almost 20 years (or has it been more?) and I don't see myself changing any time soon.

I hear you lady. My family and myself had unlimited data at Verizon. Two months ago they decided to add twenty bucks to anyone that had been grandfathered in :| Still a great deal, but aggravating once we got our bill.

Wifi on the road

T-Mobile's unlimited everything plan is only $80/month.

Tmobile unlimited is 95 a month, plus taxes and all the other crap they tax on. Something to mention is they use Binge for unlimited streaming that doesn't go against your data (netflix, hulu, etc.) Plus, you can stream your music and not effect your data either. This is for your phone though, I'm not sure if they charge you more to use it as a hotspot.

Personally I stream on free sites that aren't supported by Binge, so I'm not sure what route I'll be going. An 18 GB hotspot from Tmobile is something like 80 bucks a month.

Just for reference: Cricket - currently runs 55 a month for 10GB. It's another 10 a month to utilize your phone as a hotspot.

At&T just announced an unlimited data plan, no idea how much that crap is, but you have to bundle it with some direct TV thing. Also, the data slows after 22GB, so it's not actually unlimited in data and speed. They do not offer unlimited for anyone that won't bundle.

It seems that torrenting movies at rest stops is probably the cheapest option. You can get antennas that boost your wifi range that aren't too pricey.

Posted:  6 years ago

Questions about CDL training for Prime Inc.

Oh snap. Well, I can be shy and I'm nonsmoking :D Will you update us Neesa? I go a couple weeks after you.

About showering....lol

Someone told me there is a group of twenty people waiting for trainers at Prime as we speak :/ I do hope they are just picky. Nonsmoking and quiet.. That's all I need in my life. Hadn't thought too much about age in terms of trainers. The more I read on the forums, the more I'm sure I'll find someone poking around the training area.

About showering....lol

Rainy you've been so helpful in topics concerning Prime. Thank you again.

About showering....lol

I definitely want to run hard and get training over with. I couldn't less about someone peeing in a bottle.. Wish I had the ability :p

About showering....lol

I'm not doing team driving. And regardless of what anyone here says, "nature" comes BEFORE any load. When you gotta go, you gotta go! Simple as that. Men seem to forget that a woman cannot just "whip it out and stick it in a bottle" to pee. It doesn't work that way, period. As a woman driver, when I'll need to use the restroom, I'll stop at the closest spot to the highway (rest area, gas station, Walmart, anywhere...) and if that's not possible, I'll stop somewhere safe and take care of business with my emergency back up (a pot, bucket with kitty liter...) Seriously, there is not one job on this planet that will put suffering on me that bad, just for the sake of "doing my job". Frankly, I feel like I'm arguying a point that needs no argument at all...lol When nature calls, you can't just keep on going and ignore it....I don't have a habit of peeing or pooping myself and I don't plan on starting anytime soon! LOL Like many of you told me, it's all about planning and being creative. :)

Hahhah. I'm so thankful you brought this up Vamp. I did a search for "peeing" on the boards and there were no threads :P I was also super curious about what women planned for emergency pees while stuck with a trainer.

My Prime PSD experience

Can you please outline any documents other than a birth certificate or anything pertaining to a name change that I would need to bring? Thanks

Training during tax season

:| Dang forward slash.

Training during tax season

Thanks for the responses. I'm still deciding what I'd like do. I guess my memory is crap and I thought even with e-filing on TurboTax that I'd have to send off a copy of my w2. I'm planning for the worst case scenario so I don't add any stress while at school :)

I figured a week of paperwork crap, 2 weeks for the 10k, 8 weeks for the 30k. These time frames are the higher end of the range they gave me. This would put me well into April, though I do hope I wouldn't have to train that long. Also, not having much of an income during that entire time is adding to the jitters. That money would be a nice pillow. <\p>

Training during tax season

my company won't send out my W2 until February

I'm pretty sure federal law dictates they have to have your w2 available to you no later than Jan 31st. Check to see if your w2 is available electronically, you can usually get it up to 2 weeks faster this way as opposed to waiting on a hard copy to be mailed.

Oh this great. I already asked if they would have them on the computer and they said no :/ Maybe I'll push back training for a week. Thanks

Training during tax season

I'm scheduled to leave at the end of this month. I don't see being able to make it home for a couple of months due to the training program at Prime. I'm going to need to do my taxes, but my company won't send out my W2 until February. My roommate should be able to mail them to me, but I didn't plan on hauling a laptop with me, plus needing to print and mail them will be an issue. Is it best to wait a few more weeks? Anyone know if there is an office at Prime with computers for drivers? Furthermore, I've been told you change your address to the hotel they use there to get your permit in MO. This means I have to use that address to file my taxes, right? Thanks

Making the Sleeper Cozy Like your Home

I dont really care whether i get the smaller lightweight (basically the bed is right behind the driver's seat with NO cabinet space in between) or the condos (top bunk, cabinets, roomier). I DID already pick out my mattress though.

Sterns & Foster Lux Estate Ultra Plush Euro Pillow top. It is incredibly soft, and the material is silk & cashmere for even softer feel. It's a $2000 mattress, but I have a friend who works at Sears and she'll tell me when its on sale and will get the commission from it. I can't wait! Two different trainer's trucks and each one had memory foam mattresses i hated.

In a lightweight, I'll have to take the passenger seat out for more room... not sure if I'll push for the bigger truck. Lease Ops usually go with the larger... and newbie company drivers get the small ones... but i've been told that if you plan on taking passegners or have anxiety issues like claustrophobia they'll give you teh bigger one

I'm not planning on going home often. I really feel like I'll need that space. I do hope it isn't an issue. I'd rather run harder and be comfortable then feel confined in one of those tiny trucks. I do have to be honest and say I haven't stepped into one yet. Suppose I'm focusing on too many small details. Also, I'll need to figure out how much I'll lose without the economy bonus.

Making the Sleeper Cozy Like your Home

Well now I have to go watch that movie :) Been years.

Making the Sleeper Cozy Like your Home

I really like this pinterest thread: Organize stuff Some of it isn't relevant of course, but the stacked bins with a pole mounted on the front to keep them from sliding open is really neat. Also, cooking on a waffle iron :)