Comments By Jeremy G.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig4.jpg avatar
  • Jeremy G.
  • Comments:

Yay I'm happy ;)

I already drive 3 miles an hour slower than the truck will run. I am seeing if I can maximize the mpg. I reset it today and was pulling 9.4 in 300 miles on 81 going north thru va

Werner denied employment due to medications prescribed.

I was taking welbutrin for smoking cessation. And I had to get something signed by my doctor showing that's what it was prescribed for.

The Irregular Sleep Cycle of a Truck Driver

I have found that I am a morning person. Once I wake up I am up. But juggling the schedule isn't that hard. My company has given plenty of time to do my job. I sat this weekend taking a reset because I couldn't deliver early. I wish I could have but my girlfriend drove to meet me here so we could spend some time together. I try to get a minimum of 500 miles a day. I like driving early morning and shut down early afternoon. Gives me wind down time and in case there is a problem that needs to be repaired on the truck it can be while I am in the sleeper. Then I am good to go The next morning. Things are harder to see at night when I do my post trip inspection. But I do a good one. I don't want to break down if I can help it. That's all I got. Hope you find your happiness.

Sitting at the truck stoo

Oh I understand. I wanted subway. So I bought a foot long and are half. Now I have lunch tomorrow. I try to watch what I eat too. I don't want another heart attack. I buy fruit and such when I get to stop at Wal-Mart. I know if it's in the truck I will eat it. So if I just buy healthy stuff I will eat it. I just didn't know what the reward thing was. All I ever get is the Phil mor thing. And I save save save my points. I want to get some saved so I can make some of the more expensive purchases. Cb and what not.

Just want to drive

My training pay was crap. And from learning on here I know I have to hustle to make the cut. The load I have with me now I picked up in north carolina on thurday. It delivers on Monday. Friday morning I got to this truck stop 9 miles from my delivery. I want to have plenty of hours to drive to get to my shipper and toward the cosignee tomorrow. I know that they can tell where I am whenever they want. And I could have goofed around and not got here till Sunday night or Monday morning. But I know they are watching to see what kind of person I am. They need to know that I am worth the money they spent on me. I am a VERY loyal person. You take care of me I take care of you. I want to be in the top 100 with the company within 3 months. I know that is a hard goal to achieve but I am going to try.

Just got "my" truck.

Finally got away from the trainer. I am learning so much on my own. Something I didn't pay attention while with the trainer. Keep almost everthing. Grocery bags. Napkins. Condiment packets. Anything that could be potentially useful. Take it to the truck. I have had to dig in my trash a couple of times thinking where did I put those napkins from Wendy's. I am on my second load and am loving it. I like being a hermit. Get to go home this weekend to see the kids. Then back at it. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sitting at the truck stoo

I took one, but I don't know how to share it.

Sitting at the truck stoo

Since I am forced to do a reset because my dm wouldn't let me deliver on Saturday. I went inside to grab some subway. I got my receipt and there is some badge thing on there that says I need four more of them. What is that for?

CB handles

Mine when I was growing up was captain peach fuzz. I need a better one.

CB handles

I have to learn the lingo so I understand what they are talking about. I know I pull a skateboard. And I know what a parking lot is. Other than that I am trying to figure it out.

In serious need of a pep talk...

One thing I have to say about my trainer is that when we pull into a truck stop at night he always seems to find the hardest spot to make me back into,but I love the challenge. Good place to practice I guess most people are not waiting for me to back in.

Melton Trucking Training

Thanks. I am so ready for my truck. Just a few more days. My trainer gave me wonderful comments on the weekly evaluation. I am just tired of having to be in someone's hip pocket. I don't mind learning at all. I am just a loner. But if you got any questions about the orientation let me know. I will help all that I can.

Melton Trucking Training

I don't know either. I have been with my trainer though for a week today. It is cold in north Dakota. I did my orientation in Birmingham, Alabama. Good luck to you sir. But they usual have somewhere set up for you though. And the recruiter will call you a lot. Be ready to share a room with another guy.

Taking a dog along with you

I have a great Dane and she is a wonderful travel companion. She stayed with me most of my previous career in a 27 foot camper. Great Danes are a lazy breed that don't need a lot of activity. You can share a bed with them no problem if you don't mind serious cuddling.

Homesickness

I am fortunate in being used to being away from my family for extended periods of time. So I don't think I will be home sick. What I have always done was just call when I can.

Orientation on the 14th

I have been practicing some of the physical tests that the recruiter mentioned. It does sound easy, but it is harder than it sounds. I have to lift heavy things all the time with my current jobs, most of them being 100 lbs of more. So I think I will be ok. We will see.

Orientation on the 14th

Well starting my orientation on the fourteenth. I decided to go with Melton. I am excited sorta, just not wanting to live with another person. For 2 weeks in a box. I am a VERY private person and I love my seclusion. But it is the nature of the beast I guess. I was wondering what should I have on my first day of solo? Atlas, cell phone charger, clothes, blow up doll, the important things. What else should I plan on taking?

Why I left the industry

I have researched and posted a little here. I never understood logs fully as I have to use paper, but that is few and far between since I hardly ever run out of my 100 mile radius. I read. Then read some more. Then read more. There is so much valuable information on this site. You are a fool if you don't look at all this site has to offer before you make a rash decision. I finally decided to make the move to run otr because of the information here. I am tired of the construction business and having to deal with someone looking over my shoulder constantly. But to all that post all the information for all of us to learn from. Thank you.

I hit 0 cones today

I was taught in autocross that if you don't hit cones you aren't going fast enough.

New to this.

Well I talked and looked and I am still leaning toward maverick. Something about them I just like. They have 6 weeks of training, 3 of them being with a trainer. I applied and let's see where it goes from there.