Comments By Daniel C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0507808001526510240-54760.jpg avatar
  • Daniel C.
  • Comments:

Where to get a Mini refrigerator?

I have a mini fridge that I got at Walmart. I set it behind the passenger seat on the floor, plugged into the inverter. it works good, doesn't move around at all.

Joke for today.

A fella walked into a doctor’s office and the receptionist asked him what he had. He said, “Shingles.” So she took down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat. Fifteen minutes later a nurse’s aid came out and asked him what he had. He said, “Shingles.” So she took down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told him to wait in the examining room. A half-hour later, a nurse came in and asked him what he had. He said, “Shingles.” So she gave him a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, told him to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor. An hour later the doctor came in and asked him what he had. He said, “Shingles.” The doctor said, “Where?” He said, “Outside in the truck. Where do you want them?”

Question

how do the moving trucks, for example allied van lines, drive in residential areas that are non truck routes. i am just asking because every house is not on a truck route. some of those roads are small.

Upgrade

I thought it was time to upgrade my status to experienced driver. i sure made a lot of mistakes since i started school a year ago. i will say that the day i become an expert, i will have to quit. i would be dangerous then.

The feds did something right

i found this article and thought it would be good to share. http://thetrucker.com/News/Story/BREAKINGNEWSOIGsaysJuly12013restartprovisiondoesntshownetsafetybenefit

Perfect place to park

If anyone is looking for the perfect place to park, I found it. It is at the Walmart in Winona, MN. It is the only place in this town you can park overnight and not get towed. They have space for 4 trucks. There is a walmart, target, menards, 3 places to eat, and 2 haircut places all within walking distance of the truck.

Crash

It all turned out good for me. my company did not require a drug test. I am now on my way to texas to recover a truck that another driver abandoned. i am headed to the loves travel plaza 9600 longstreet rd willis tx. should be there about 7pm tonight if anyone wants to join me for supper. they do have to send my truck to the body shop, should have it back within a couple weeks.

Crash

I think there was something wrong with him, he told the cop his friend was on the way with a tow truck. after everyone was gone, he drove away. i figured he will get caught eventually.

Crash

I had just past red dog road when he turned in front of me, and he was sober. he said his brakes failed, but i don't understand why he would turn in front of me in that case.

Crash

Google Map of the crash site

if you look at the map, i was going west on hwy 30 and a jeep was going east. i just past red dog road when the jeep turns in front of me, and i hit it. i have been trying to figure out what i could have done different to avoid it. i see nothing i could have done. i was only doing about 40 mph at the time. my question is, would you expect the jeep to just turn in front of you like that?

i received no tickets and we both walked away. amazing enough, he drove away after he got his ticket from the police. my truck had to be towed only because the headlight and marker lights where gone. the officer told me not to drive it that way.

Posted:  5 years ago

Truck issue

When that happened to me, it ended up being a clogged air filter.

Posted:  5 years ago

J&R Schugel or Prime

I work for J&R Schugel in the dry van division. I absolutely love this company. The only thing I don't like is no pets, but can live with that. They will keep you running if you want the miles and prove you can do them. I was sitting at the Kenworth dealer getting my truck fixed last week, which screws me up for milage, but nothing I can do with a breakdown. The good thing is, breakdown pay. They will always get you home when you want. When I go out from hometime, my dispatcher aways ask when my next home time is, and I haven't missed one yet, but might be late for this one because of the breakdown.

Best States to be a Truck Driver

Waffle House is best at 2am after an evening of drunken debauchery!! Nothing like grease and starch to settle a stomach upset from alcohol.

Isn't that what White Castle is for?

I am confused.

I always do a walk around inspection on my truck overtime I stop. Yesterday, I noticed a tire with no tread on it. I never felt anything wrong driving. I am confused how the tread could peel off without noticing it. Has anyone ever have this happen, or am I loosing it because I didn't see or feel it?

My company is great.

Now that is a great tip about lowering the landing gear. I would have never thought of it.

My company is great.

I sent a message to my dispatch telling them that I was shutting down for the day because the wind was blowing me around. Dispatch sent a message back that said ok be safe.

Game: you first felt like a real trucker when....

When I drove my car looking for the range selector switch because there are not enough gears.

Take your time

I been rushing myself a lot lately and doing things I shouldn't, well it finally caught up with me. Got a nice $1000 overweight ticket that I owe to the state of Illinois. Got into a rush because I had to wait on my pick up, so I didn't scale. It would have only taken a little time to go north 11 miles to scale, but I decided not to, since I was headed south. Well pull into the scale and get cited for being 4289 over on my trlr. My tandems had to be slid all the way back to be legal... man I should of just scaled. Guys don't make the same mistake as me, find the nearest scale and make sure your legal!

If your tandems are all the way back, would you be illegal anyways because they can only be a certain distance for the states your driving through?

Quick home stop

My load delivers at 8 am and is only 1 hour from home. Perfect time to spend the night in my own bed.

Brooklyn and nerves

I was in New Jersey a couple days ago. I didn't like it at all, but survived without hitting anything. The worst part was all the traffic, like it is rush hour 24 hours of the day. I can't wait to try it again, great driving practice.