Profile For Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan)

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Info

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Bio

I dream of a career driving a truck. I spent almost eight years working for a company that builds machines. Unfortunately, I lost that job in the beginning of February (2017). I have been on unemployment. That runs out early May. After a couple of years of planning, when I lost my job, my wife had some health issues that prevented me from making the leap then. Now she is doing better and I have started applying to several companies. We are working hard to pay off debt and that is a slow process. I am here on TT because I find this to be the best site for current and truthful information on this industry. I was. accepted into CFI's company sponsored training and I'm currently in school for them. 6-26-17 Got my first truck with CFI today. 9-21-18 Still driving OTR with CFI. On 11-15-18 I became a trainer with CFI.

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 8

Posted:  7 hours, 46 minutes ago

Home time and rookie driver

No company will mind you staying out longer. I don't know other companies, but CFI will get you home on the day you request as long as you give them at least 8 days notice. You don't lose the days you earn. I usually stayed out 6 to 8 weeks at a time. I took home time at my home and also on Long Island, NY, to visit family. Good luck.

Posted:  7 hours, 59 minutes ago

The Big Dog

Bruce, I think Raptor gave you great advice. You will need to buy and store gallon jugs of water. If you can get the food and water on the top bunk, that would free up space. Also, the dog will have to go for walks several times a day. I have seen people with two large dogs on a truck. I don't think it's fair to the dogs. Don't rush into it.

Posted:  2 days, 8 hours ago

Company paid training and their vested interest

This is so true. I once had one of the safety/training guys say to me, " See that guy over there? This is his fourth time trying to upgrade, he'll probably get it today. The only reason he was given so many chances was because he went through our training and we have a vested interest in him." This is a very good reason to go with Paid CDL Training Programs. Sure you have to work a contract. That year flies by. There is a larger learning curve granted to those who went through the company's training program.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

My time at CFI officially came to an end. 😩

When I lost my medical card, I contacted CFI and they told me I could be on FMLA. On September 6th, I received a packet from them with FMLA documents. In there I found out I was not allowed to work while on FMLA. The next day I called HR and explained that I couldn't live without working and I would rather resign than be terminated. So, September 6th was my official last day. I sent the following letter to my FM.

0082599001568332297.jpg0148957001568332347.jpgWhat follows is his reply.

0543238001568332434.jpgThe hardest thing was leaving a company that gave me a chance and made me feel appreciated right up to the end. I highly recommend them and always will. I am still working on my health, I'm losing weight and my sugar is going down.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Five Years On This Account

Congratulations Old School.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

GPS and dash cam.

When the GPS tablet dies you no longer have a dash cam. You can get dash cams at reasonable prices.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Parking?

Some TA/Petros may allow dropped trailers. Make sure it's ok with your company. Also, get a good kingpin lock.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

I'm Back! I Missed You Guys.

Welcome back.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

New cdl driver with fresh felony conviction

Ive been out of prison for 10months obtained my class b cdl 8/6/19 And getting doors shut in my face.wht road should i take

If you have no probation and can leave your state that will help. Being such a short time out of prison will be your biggest challenge. If you can get your CDL A, your best bet might be Carolina Cargo. They are a very understanding company. Use our search bar at the top of this page to search for them. You will find lots of info. Get a pre-hire letter before getting your CDL. A stale CDL is like none at all. Best of luck to you. Don't give up.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

New cdl driver with fresh felony conviction

Donald B. You will have a much happier life when you stop blaming your self created problems on other people. You went into Walmart to rob them. They thought you looked suspicious. Had nothing to do with the state they were located in. Every state has their own laws for driver's license. You must follow the rules. In your two posts in this thread you helped no one, just whined about how the world has done you wrong.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

How Long Does A Preventable Accident Stay On Your PSP Report?

Teams at CFI will be running. Married teams do very well because all money is pooled. Prepare to run coast to coast and if so desired go to Canada as well. The majority of their fleet is two years old. They take excellent care of their drivers and equipment. With 100% bias, I highly recommend them.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

The dream of every Owner Operator (new Volvo ad)

I have two O/O friends. Every time I talk to them they reinforce why I will never own a truck. Both recently went through the dilemma of their trucks breaking down beyond repair and having to get into new trucks with higher payments. Not for me.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

What Would You Do In This Situation?

While in truck or car, I always make sure I can clear an intersection or tracks before crossing. I'm addicted to breathing. It always amazes me how many people will stop on tracks. Where, I'm working now there are tracks right outside the building. These tracks are long out of use, however the Hazmat drivers do their requisite stop before them.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Another great reason for Company Sponsored Training

What happened in this story happens way to often. Go with a big company and lose this worry. Hundreds of drivers lose their CDL.

We can't stress the importance of Paid CDL Training Programs enough. Here you will be trained with little or no money out of your pocket and have a much better chance of success.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Should I Request A New Trainer At Swift?

First, talk with your trainer. Let him know that you would like more seat time. If he is choosing loads, I would assume that means he's a lease op. Also, every truck stop has showers. Tell him how often you need to shower. If you can shower quickly, it could be done on a 30 minute break. You must politely speak up for yourself with your trainer. If that doesn't work, Swift should have someone in the training department you could talk to. Good luck.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Class starts on 8/26

What company are going to train with?

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Best 3 trucking companies to work for in SW Missouri

You left out Prime and CFI, two great companies that will also train you. Good luck.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

I Need Help!

How did you get around for 4 years? You had to be working. What did you fail to appear for? Why would you think a career that depends on a clean driver's license, would be a good fit for you at this time. Your best bet is to drive your car for the next couple of years with no tickets or accidents. While you're doing that go through these.

If you do that you will open many doors to companies that offer Paid CDL Training Programs. Good luck to you.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Taxes

You need to talk to a CPA.

Posted:  1 month ago

Lost my medical card. :(

8-16-19 UPDATE: Things are going well. I go back to my Doctor at the end of this month. My sugar has been coming down thanks to the meds and diet changes. Although, my current job is challenging, my boss is giving me a 2002 Subaru Outback. The A/C on my current car doesn't work and everything, including the A/C works on the Subaru. Last Saturday CFI got my truck out of my driveway. CFI has been great to me. And I remain their biggest fan.