Profile For Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan)

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Info

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Bio

I dream of a career driving a truck. I spent almost eight years working for a company that builds machines. Unfortunately, I lost that job in the beginning of February (2017). I have been on unemployment. That runs out early May. After a couple of years of planning, when I lost my job, my wife had some health issues that prevented me from making the leap then. Now she is doing better and I have started applying to several companies. We are working hard to pay off debt and that is a slow process. I am here on TT because I find this to be the best site for current and truthful information on this industry. I was. accepted into CFI's company sponsored training and I'm currently in school for them. 6-26-17 Got my first truck with CFI today. 9-21-18 Still driving OTR with CFI. On 11-15-18 I became a trainer with CFI.

In July of 2019 I was denied a new medical card due to high blood sugar. After several months of hard work, I got everything back to normal. Then due to CCP Virus, the non driving job I was working at closed down. This forced me back to where I wanted to be. I contacted CFI and on May 28th 2020, I will be back in a truck.

Currently running a dedicated lane that has me home weekends. truckerscott104@gmail.com

Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 9

Posted:  5 days, 14 hours ago

Do truckers bathe

I shower every day with rare exception.

Posted:  6 days, 12 hours ago

Abloy lock (made in Finland)

Our company supplies them and for some they can cut new keys.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Looking for work

If CFI takes you they will train you.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Looking for work

Hey yall I'm going to get my cdl I am a registered sex offender my crime was over 10 years ago is there any companies that would hire me at a decent pay

Give CFI a call. They take everyone on a case by case basis and you won't be the only one.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Pros and cons

Let's see I paid zero for trucking school and training, just had to work for one year with the company I'm still with. Get paid to learn instead of paying to learn.

Take a look at our diaries section.

Good luck.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

A few questions for the OTR CFI drivers

Welcome to CFI. We are governed at 65 MPH. If you have a passport and request to run to Canada, they will send you. It's extra money and not mandatory. If you're OTR you will find yourself everywhere. You could get stuck in an area for a few days. When you are a few days out from requested home time, you will be running within a day to two days area from home.

Best advice roll with it, training can be stressful.

Good luck.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

The importance of three points of contact

Wow. Hope you get back to work as expected. This is a great lesson. Not that this is your case, it only takes a second of not paying attention to hurt yourself or someone else.

I have bumped my head, cut myself and had other minor mishaps for not paying full attention to my surroundings or what I was doing.

Good luck, stay safe.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

I PASSED!!!!

Congratulations! dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif

I hope having 132 hours instead of the normal 160 hours doesn't hurt you.

Keep us posted. Are you headed to a company yet.

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Driver pay from my perspective

I grossed $73k this year. Sure, I would love more. However, I feel this is easy money. I get paid to sit on my butt and see the country. I have a great support staff behind me.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Hello! New here.

We highly recommend company sponsored training. If you look through our diaries section you will find the most up to date info on different companies.

The High Road CDL Training Program is the best free study guide for you learner's permit.

Best of luck to you.

Of course I recommend CFI.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Broke my truck and other c**p

Sometimes life goes to doggy dodo in a handbasket. Hopefully things will turn around for you.

Hang in there.

Laura

Thanks. I need a few wins.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Broke my truck and other c**p

Problem 1) I got home 12-18-21 for my regular weekend. Had an appointment Monday and planned to leave out Tuesday morning. Monday night I was working to get my truck out of the mud and reparked in my driveway. The left wheels were on my lawn/mud. After getting some lumber in front of the drives, I drove forward. The bracket on the left fuel tank hit the edge of the sidewalk and bent enough to puncture the fuel tank. Had to make the call of shame. CFI had it towed to Kenworth in Charlotte.

Problem 2 and 3) Monday night after the truck was towed, I was backing the car into the garage and took out the driver's side mirror. A trip to Pull-A-Part and it was fixed. I have one car and my oldest stepson lives with us. He works about 30 minutes away. I was driving him to and from work and running errands. I'm hearing a grinding noise from the rear left and assume it's breaks. On Monday 12-27, I couldn't work on it because by the time I got home my driveway was blocked by the roofers. On top of all this I'm getting a new roof due to some storm damage. Monday night, I get the car in the garage, jack up the rear of the car and quickly determine I need a wheel bearing. Ordered one online because their site said it could be here the next day. The next day turned into two days. So, I got a ride to the auto parts store to pick up what I needed. Got that fixed.

Problem 4) Get insurance check for roof and due to holidays it's a wait to get the bank endorsement.

Problem 5) Wife wants to upgrade to a king sized bed from a queen. Order the mattress from Walmart, get the frame from Ikea. Walmart order arrives a day late.... they sent a queen. Dealing with Walmart to get it fixed is a major PITA. The bad one will get picked tomorrow, the new one will get here Wednesday.

Problem 6) The parts my truck needs are not getting there fast enough. So, CFI wants to put me in a new truck. If you have ever moved out of and into a truck, you know how much that sucks.

So, I have has lots of stress and frustration to end 2021.

Happy New Year.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

A CFI update 2021

CFI doesn't charge for anything upfront. You do need to get your DOT medical and permit first, they will reimburse for that. There is a one year commitment to drive for them. Every month you drive for them, they deduct 1/12th of what you owe. They cover transportation, housing and meals. Once you are out with your trainer you are getting paid weekly for the miles you drive.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

A CFI update 2021

Sorry to hear that. If you had gone through their training it would have been free.

Good luck.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Advice for my CDL test

Without knowing the problems you're having it's difficult to help. The instructors at your school are your best for help as they are the ones who are seeing what you're doing wrong.

You will find it very difficult to find someone to let you use their truck. Ask the school for more time in their trucks.

Good luck.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

A CFI update 2021

Just keep up the good work. Don't get discouraged in school. If you have a recruiter, keep in touch with them via email.

Good luck.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Little bit tight spot.

Great job. Those are so much fun, not. However, it made you a better backer.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Advice needed for new rookie getting first job

I am not here to recruit. I don't have a ton of time to be on here. Which is why I limit my comments.

I love CFI and since Brett refuses to update info on this site I give as much CFI info. I love CFI and the way drivers are treated here. After almost four years OTR, my wife wanted me home more. I asked for some specifics in a route and they made it for me. This cannot be done for everyone.

CFI is the only company I have worked for and can only talk about them. I do not get any referral bonus for inexperienced (student) drivers.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Advice needed for new rookie getting first job

Dave, welcome to the discussion here. CFI has a drop yard in Houston, I think you could park there on home time. We have many opportunities after you upgrade. We have OTR, dedicated, regional, and refer.

With a passport you could take loads into and out of Canada.

CFI is a growing company.

Posted:  1 month ago

T-force is a failure

Do you have access to workforce? That would be the proper place to complain. I do know they are getting new trucks as fast as possible. There is a huge backlog. There are growing pains to work out and much is supposed to happen in 2022.

Hang tough.