Profile For Big Scott (CFI Driver/Trainer and biggest fan)

Big Scott (CFI Driver/Trainer and biggest fan) 's Info

Big Scott (CFI Driver/Trainer and biggest fan) 's Bio

I dream of a career driving a truck. I spent almost eight years working for a company that builds machines. Unfortunately, I lost that job in the beginning of February (2017). I have been on unemployment. That runs out early May. After a couple of years of planning, when I lost my job, my wife had some health issues that prevented me from making the leap then. Now she is doing better and I have started applying to several companies. We are working hard to pay off debt and that is a slow process. I am here on TT because I find this to be the best site for current and truthful information on this industry. I was. accepted into CFI's company sponsored training and I'm currently in school for them. 6-26-17 Got my first truck with CFI today. 9-21-18 Still driving OTR with CFI. On 11-15-18 I became a trainer with CFI.

Big Scott (CFI Driver/Trainer and biggest fan) 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 6

Posted:  23 hours, 53 minutes ago

My student upgraded!

Thanks. I am glad to have it to myself. However, after my vacation, it's back to training. I'm looking forward to my next victim. I mean student. rofl-2.gif Good luck in school.

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

My student upgraded!

On Friday, Jan 18th, we made it back to Joplin. It was a beautiful sunny day. His upgrade was scheduled for Saturday. We woke Saturday to see we had a snow/ice storm over night. That eased his mind, because, during his training we saw more ice, snow and wind than sun and nice roads. He is now in Joplin waiting for a truck.

It was nice taking control of my truck again. I rolled right after he upgraded. First, I set up my control panel.

0756961001548012197.jpg

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Tractor Man is Back!

WOW. What a good way to start my day. Sorry about the loss of your mom and all the other junk that came your way. Good luck with your renewed journey. Stay safe. Glad to have you back.

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Bittersweet ending

Good luck. Keep us informed. You have helped more people with your posts then you will ever know.

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Truck Driver Hits School Bus Kills Kid While Changing Clothes

Most likely has done it many times before with no problem. No excuse. I'm just pointing out something.

Posted:  2 days, 23 hours ago

Uploading Photos

Start a thread or reply and scroll up above the box you're trying in and click on photo. You can also email them to Brett.

Posted:  3 days, 2 hours ago

Laugh for the Day....

LOL. rofl-2.gif

Posted:  3 days, 2 hours ago

To Ease Your Mind About Winter Driving...

We get the same kinds of messages. My student and I had a light load from Eastern Pennsylvania to Washington. Heading West into a winter storm heading East. Bad roads and weather all the way. I kept dispatch in the loop the whole time. The weekend dispatchers thought, when I sent a message that we were shutting down early for the day and that the weather was continuing to slow our progress, we were shutting down longer than our 10 hour break. They sent a response for us to send the form for weather shutdown. I told them we would be rolling in the morning. I waited until Monday when my fleet manager was in and had him change our status from out of service back to active. The point is that their only concern was that we were safe. CFI, like most companies, takes "captain of the ship" very seriously.

Never be afraid to drive very slow with your flashers on to get to safety. No load is worth your life. Don't become a statistic. We are dying out here in record numbers.

Posted:  3 days, 11 hours ago

Pop quiz mostly for newbies

I thought it looked low, but that could happen with air ride and air bags not full. I thought it was missing a mud flap.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

CR England training day 1

Great to hear things are going so well. Keep that attitude and you will continue to succeed. Keep us posted when you can. We are here for you.

Posted:  4 days, 4 hours ago

Newbie wants to start a trucking firm.

This site is designed to help people get a good start as company drivers. We highly recommend people get their start with Paid CDL Training Programs. As you have zero knowledge or experience in trucking, it would be best for you to get out here and do it for a year or two before you decide to jump in the way you describe. We get treated pretty well out here. We always offer people our starter pack.

After all that if you are still insisting on doing it your way, I suggest you go to OOIDA.

Posted:  4 days, 5 hours ago

Pop quiz mostly for newbies

Looks to me like something is missing. Hmmmmm.

Posted:  4 days, 5 hours ago

Need help or advice

Do I understand correctly, you have a Florida and Michigan driver's license? Apparently Florida allows that as long as it says valid only in Florida. Is it legal to have two driver's licenses in different states? Trucking companies will find your other license. If you don't tell them about it, they will not hire you and if it comes out during training you will be fired for lying on your application.

Posted:  4 days, 8 hours ago

Broke down in SLC UT. 😢

It needed a couple of regents.

Posted:  4 days, 8 hours ago

Question on applying to truck companies.

Look at this. If you're in Texas, CFI has a few terminals and several drop yards there. I think we also have regional there. Apply For Truck Driving Jobs

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

On the way to school... The adventure begins!

I sent you a reply.

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

On the way to school... The adventure begins!

Your bus will be in Joplin at 00:30? Or are you at the LA Quinta? We will be in Joplin Friday morning and I plan to leave Saturday morning. Would love to meet up. Look at my profile.

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

On the way to school... The adventure begins!

Awesome. I should be in Joplin with my student by Friday. If I am, I'll post on here a way we can meet if you want.

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Here Is What It's Like Pulling A Tanker

Thanks guys. This is an excellent thread and should be required reading for any future tankers.

Posted:  4 days, 14 hours ago

A Good Laugh, the life of a trucker!

More proof of The Trucking Princess.

rofl-2.gif