Comments By Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan)

https://photos.truckingtruth.com/thumbs/5592/thumb-1502554127.5748.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 month ago

Cabin Weight Limits for Personal Belongings

I think you are overthinking it. If you're heavy on your steers you can always slide the kingpin and change your weights. Unless you plan on carrying thousands of pounds of stuff in your cab you really don't need to worry about it. We would all drive ourselves crazy trying to break it down like that.

FYI, not every truck has a sliding fifth wheel. However, like what was said before answer the question.

Posted:  1 month ago

Words of Inspiration...

Failures are the rungs on the ladder of success.

Have a great day.

Posted:  1 month ago

Prime Inc The Truth?

No they don't make you lease. There is a recent thread on their newest CPM.

Super curve ball, it takes time to develop your skills.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Prime inc

Prime is an excellent company to start with. We highly recommend everyone to start with Paid CDL Training Programs. This is not a complete list as things can change. It is best to try to find the company that best fits you.

Look through our Training Diaries Section to get an idea of what to expect during training. Best of luck to you.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Wow! This was a great month.

That's great to hear. Best of luck.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Wow! This was a great month.

TERRIFIC & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As CFI'S second biggest fan let me thank you for your input . I'm in my first 7 days of training and leave tomorrow for Washington State, Oregon and San Francisco.

CFI is a great company and I'm very happy I ended up a driver which was "LucK" not by design.

Very impressive mileage.

CFI has about two thousand drivers with something over 25% of them over million mile drivers.

I think after reading some of your input and your bio that guys like you are a reason this is such a good company.

I'm screwing up here and there but nothing real bad it would seem.

Backing is not my strong suit but I'm getting there little by little.

Had some free time today and Mike (my trainer) took me thru thru the obstacle course before we leave for the west coast.

My intent was not to hijack your thread but I sure share your enthusiasm for CFI and wanted to congratulate you and to share some as well.

Thanks.

Does Mike's last name start with S?

Enjoy your time with your trainer. 25 days goes fast. Best of luck to you.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Wow! This was a great month.

Yep, but only Walmart's so far. For some reason, I very rarely get any Sam's deliveries.

I hit the island once a week or so on average, going as far out as Riverhead.

Sounds like fun. Hope the traffic is not to bad.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Good News, Bad News

Seems like you are now making good decisions for your life. Now don't let life get you down. Be patient, keep clean and good things will come to you.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Sitting Pain

Purple seat cushion, I love it.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Wow! This was a great month.

And I deliver to all those stores. Valley Stream, Westbury, Farmingdale, Levittown, East Meadow, Commack, etc. Just sayin

smile.gif

You're hitting the Walmarts and Sam's on the Island?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Wow! This was a great month.

I know Brush Hollow Road. Fumex Termite and Pest Control.

Are you talking about Roosevelt Field Mall?

It sure is a small world. I have one brother who is a paramedic with Nassau County, the other worked at PC Richard's for over 20 years and now works at Raymour & Flanigan in Farmingdale.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Wow! This was a great month.

I was born in that hospital in 1967. Lived in Jamaica until I was one. My dad's business, Fumex, was based in New Hyde Park. Was in Westbury until after 3rd grade. We then moved to Woodbury after I graduated HS, we moved to Syosset. I have a brother in Syosset and one in Yaphank, mom lives in Coram now. Small world.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Wow! This was a great month.

Anne, where on LI? I'm born and raised there.

Yes those were my total miles for the month. It also meant great paychecks. My FM knows I don't like to sit. Will be home by the end of this week.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Wow! This was a great month.

0069690001596419771.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Thoughts on Forward facing cameras.

CFI has both forward and driver facing cams. The driver facing ones are off unless you are new or get in some trouble. They are monitored by the company they are contracted with. They only flag the ones that meet CFI's parameters.

I just drive. If my truck or camera ever tells CFI I did something wrong, I expect I'll here from them. However, I usually tell on myself first.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Are there any ever restrictions on carrying cordless power tools on company trucks?

Many people have battery tools on their trucks. The worst to ever happen to me a few times is lot lizards knocking on my door. That is followed by a call to the the truck stop I'm at. I stay away from trouble.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Who is more guilty

Every decision we make as the driver of the truck is our responsibility.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Starting pay for TMC Transport?

Try looking at their website. TMC website

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Best Schools for New Drivers

CFI will train you for free. We have terminals in Dallas, Wilmer and Laredo.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Roehl, Tmc, or Prime for first job

It can take time to build up your pay. CPM, clock management and experience all add up to money. I consider bonuses and extra pay all a plus. I only count my miles and CPM. With per diem right now I need about 2700 miles per week to take home $1000.00. The past two weeks I have taken home over $1300.00. I have a great relationship with my FM, he knows how I like to run. He also knows I will get the job done. That is a very important relationship and one of the keys to success. I hear many drivers complaining that they are not getting miles. I have nothing to complain about.

CFI has great home time. Like most OTR companies, you earn one day for every seven your out here. With CFI you don't lose those days. Let's say you're out six weeks and go home for five days, you still have one day banked. You may also want to see about vacation pay or PTO.

You seem to have the right attitude to be successful out here. Best of luck to you.