Profile For Bill F.

Bill F.'s Info

Northwest, FL

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 6 months ago

Bill F.'s Bio

Born in the early sixties, man life is grand. Traveled the world with a military Dad, then did it again myself with 10 years active duty in the Army. Never saw war but did see a lot of strife. I don't put down other countries but I do love my own above all others. I was taught that you are what you make of yourself and that has proved true everywhere I have been. I have been a working man all of my life and they are now trying to stick me in an office. I won't have it. My health is good, there are a few minor issues, but I will get through them. Received my CDL A through 2 months training at the Panhandle Technical College. I already had a CDL B w/air brakes, so I know a little about the concept of schooling and testing.

Posted:  2 days, 18 hours ago

FMCSA clarifies personal conveyance - "even if laden"

No, that's not going to be abused at all.

(sarcastic voice mode)

Posted:  3 days, 4 hours ago

Happy Halloween and a trivia question.

Just be glad they're not steam trucks, then you'd all be wearing polka dot hats. How would you like to be driving this?

0075122001541892309.jpg

The ultimate creepy would be if about fifty drivers came out of that dressed as clowns!

Posted:  5 days, 6 hours ago

Double tax for truck driver

Great question. I live in Texas with no state income tax but work for a large national company with a location in Louisiana and have to pay La. state income tax.

You really need to consult a tax professional. Not the HR Block type but the CPA type. That don't sound right to me.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Happy Halloween and a trivia question.

I prefer a plaid tractor with striped trailer, but I am a rebel...

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Weird Work Assignment

Wise man say... A journey of 27 miles begins with a single step.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Advice

Your gonna need a clean license for a year. Your gonna need a good/true explanation for why it was suspended/expired with documentation. Different companies have different time limits on how recent your felony can be.+

Apply For Truck Driving Jobs

Use the link above and apply everywhere.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

80 hour tanker class

50 gallons of water is a little over 400 pounds. Not much of a training load. We had an 6000 gallon tank half full of water at a little over 25000 pounds in our class. It would really slap you around.

Does your company want you to drive a tanker or are you just interested in getting the endorsement? Any of the big companies that run a tanker fleet will have their own training program and you would be paid to attend it as an experienced driver. I would not pay to attend a tanker program.

I didn't need anything to get the endorsement on my permit. Not sure if it will eventually transfer to my license or not. I just took the test and passed.

All you need to get the tanker endorsement is to pass the test. You don't need to attend a tanker school to do so. Some companies with tanker fleets run their own training programs. Some just require you to have X years of experience driving.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

80 hour tanker class

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Mcelroy truck lines agility test

0396574001540509069.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Mcelroy truck lines agility test

According to the Flying Firemen (what a name for a trucker) the following link, on this website, describes the Mcelroy agility test. Info is 9 months old and does state 30 seconds on each foot. If you cannot do this and it is required I would contact Mcelroy directly and find out for sure.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Forum newbie full of newbie questions

You said;

" I have looked at the company and training school reviews here on TruckingTruth.com but to be honest after reading so many reviews they all begin to sound the same. And when researching online (youtube, etc.) for every good experience about any particular company there is an equally bad one."

In many ways the companies are pretty much the same. Moving freight, from the proverbial point A to point B, in the most efficient manner possible. There are only so many ways to skin that cat. As far as online reviews go, you can start and stop here. These folks know their stuff. Concerning which method for obtaining your CDL, whichever route you choose utilize the High Road CDL Training Program, and search this forum for "Texas", they have an additional study requirement from the CDL manual.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Smoking the brakes

Start from when the smoking stops and add 30 minutes.

Also, tell them to stop smoking as it will shorten their lives. Yours too, maybe...

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

A strong case for much better needed trucker security and the laxing of gun laws nationwide.

Todd... What exactly is the George Zimmerman mentality?

A mind to survive at all costs.

But Zimmerman started the fight got his back side handed to him then he had to go for his gun. So yes Zimmerman did end up having to use deadly force to protect his self in a fight he started.... there are better examples to follow.

Don't let random stories make you think that there is more going on then there really is. Ya it sucks that guy got beaten up but how does that compare to the general population statistically?

Also don't get me wrong I am a big 2nd amendment supporter, it's just I also believe that avoidance is the better way.

Six female jurors did not think he started the fight. And I'm guessing they had access to better info than you do.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Funny not funny. Watch the video

Quote from the article: “I’m looking back and then I see all these balls and I said ‘Holy s**t!'” said Robert Herman in an interview with KVAL."

When I look back and see balls, I say the same thing. But I am getting older also

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Driver Facing Camera

It's a personal choice. I don't like them, others do.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Returning to the Rig

Any of the major carriers will hire and train you assuming you qualify and can do the job...

Paid CDL Training Programs

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Anything you've been pulled over for while doing the speed limit?

Got pulled over in Illinois for having on a blaze orange Tshirt that perfectly matched my blaze orange seat belt.

What happens when they find you driving while wearing a shirt like this?

0876944001539765144.jpg

The point I was trying to make was the officer assumed I was not wearing a seat belt because it was camouflaged by my color matching shirt. Once he realized I was indeed wearing my seatbelt he sent me on my way.

No bowling alleys were involved in this incident. Though the officer indeed "spared" me

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Anything you've been pulled over for while doing the speed limit?

Posted:  1 month ago

DOT Physical

I did a little research and found that folks have both passed and failed DOT physicals with umbilical hernias. A lot depends on how it does or does not effect you. A note, from a personal physician, stating it will not hinder your operation of a commercial motor vehicle will help. But, you will still have to convince whoever administers your physical.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Swift or Western Express?

Don't believe everything you may read (negative reviews) on some internet forums. Both are successful trucking companies that offer many options for drivers. Swift probably offers more options, due to it's size, than Western Express. But either one are fine.