Profile For Geo W.

Geo W.'s Info

PA

Preparing For School

6 years, 3 months ago

Geo W.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  6 years ago

Last update for awhile....

Well my goal/dream has to be put on hold awhile. My BP went haywire lastweek and now i have to undergo some tests and new meds and blah blah blah...

Soo it looks like i will try again in a year, if and when my health is back where it normally is.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and all the kind words and advice.

But this will NOT be the last you hear from me!

Drive safe all

Geo

embarrassed.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Hey all, Update time, and need some advice.

Hey there old school, Yeah i kinda thought the 20-10 sounded strange. he said its that or work 7 and get one off. it just dont add up, thats why i wanted to reach out here to all the pro's and see if he was just blowing smoke.

Thanks for the reply!!

Geo

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Hey all, Update time, and need some advice.

Okay here is the latest. My BP is getting under control now, and its staying under control with approved meds. Now here is my question... C-1 is ready for me to return, and since I left with a DQ status my contract with USA was voided. But once I return i will re-sign a new contract.. BUT I have a new offer on the table, and this recruiter has been hounding me, CRST.. School is in Cedar rapids IA, i would be there 3.5 weeks, then orientation for 3 days. then go out for 28 days with trainer. home for 5 days. then i will be a team driver for 7 more months..

I'm not big on the "team" idea. BUT the $$ is good, and the miles are also. work 20days on then 10 off.

After my 8 month contract is up, this recruiter said all i have to do is call him and he will get me in with a solo company.

I just dont know what to do. Do i return to C-1 and go with USA @ 17.7c per mile or CRST for the 26c and deal with the team driving for 8 months...

Insert input here..lol

Be safe guys and gals

Geo

Out of state training

From what I saw while i was just at C-1 in Ft. Wayne is they give you their state CDL with your home info on it. then i believe they said when its time to re-new you have it done in your home state

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Hey all, just thought i would update. Started the BP meds today. and I dont think this dosage im on right now will allow me to drive. the 1st warning is DONT DRIVE>..lol I hope she gets it down quick enough so i can return b4 the end of this month. We pre-paid our daycare til oct 1st. Im gonna be S.O.L and end up having to get a local job if not...Does anyone know what the number range is for the 2 year D.O.T physical blood pressure is?? I know i fell under the 3 month card, but USA trucking wont accept that, and I completely understand the reasons why. Also anyone know if Lisinopril 10mg is even allowed? Thats if i need to be on this long term...

Take care all and Drive Safe, Talk to ya soon!!

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

This is going to be the first thing that I discuss with my doc on my next appt. I've had borderline high blood pressure at times but it has always been normal during my checkups. So I know mine spikes during stress. Hopefully he'll agree to get me some low dose meds just for this reason. I can't afford to be sent home. Not getting paid while going to school or the first week of orientation is gonna be stressful enough. Let alone if I had to get sent home for an additional 3 or more weeks.

Anyways, good luck, Geo. Don't let this setback get to you. You'll make it.

Thanks Andy and GL to you also!

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Here are the ones they wrote on this paper im taking to my Dr. 158/100 180/109 180/118

and yes, this is the order it was taken.... anyone see a anything funny? it just KEEPS going up..hmmm why?? STRESS! why am i stressed? lets see. Monday was a holiday so we had to CRAM ALL 4 tests into 2 days, including doing all the schools paper work/contract signing ect.. and the real DMV test was this morning.. but what ever. I will be back. and im going to smash this cource. Im planing on calling the C-1 prez and ask him, since i have to be away for 3 weeks on meds b4 i come back and im taking ALL the training books with me, when i return give me the pratice tests on day 1. if i prove i know it let me skip week 1 insted of sitting thru it all over again... dont know if they will but it makes no sence for me to know 4point break/pre-trip/air/combo/and have to sit thru it again.

But anyway sorry for the vent. My bus leaves FT wayne at 4pm and will get back to Harrisburg tomorrow 8'ish am Friday.. soo needless to say i stopped at wally-world and picked up a boc of sleeping pills, so im not stuck next to chatty kathy or snoring sam

Will update ya when i get back from my Dr friday and see what my BP is then.

Drive safe and be safe out there!

Geo

PS. ANY of you other guys that just started school, DONT work your self up over the physical, like i did... Deep breaths. in thru the nose, out thru the mouth

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Oh im NOT giving up at all.. but the thing is i dont have high BP. i even called my family DR in front of them....it was just stress. each time they took it it got higher and higher as the days went on. But i will be returning. Trust Me!

Thanks for the kind words guys

Geo

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Hey all.... welp i have a bus ticket out of FT wayne tomorrow at 4pm... Seems i have alittle bit of high blood pressure. and even after my doctor faxing them my last 6 months of visits proof that this is a fluke thing i was DQ'd for my DOT. they said im more then welcome back afew being on meds for 3 weeks......

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

dancing-banana.gif thanks guys for the advice and insight.. here it is 1133 and i cant fall asleep, 5am is right around the corner, and im still reading and re-reading this 5 page paper.. i know i will get it, but i dont wanna be some others here in their 5th week in a 3 wk program. i pressure myself to much when it comes to tests..

Talk to u all tomorrow

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Just back to the hotel..... PLEASE EXCUSE THE FOLLOWING wtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gif

OMG day one in the books but holy moly... I all but aced my knowledge test, i feel good on sogns and combo and breaks BUT,,,, the pre trip... thats gonna be my issiue i think... i could be wrong once we get out in the yard and do the work shop on it.

Started @ 7am with 24 people. by 8am we were down to 22. and lets see how many are booted after the UA tests come back cuz they had to send a few into the lab cuz they failed the dipstick. and then thursday is the physicial. so we will see how many are left standing.

Update tomorrow, gonna call the family and eat and pass out..lol

Take care all Drive safe Geo

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Here i sit in my hotel room in Ft. Wayne, waiting for my first day of class tomorrow. I will update as often as I cant.

Drive safe all!

Geo

Same down here in Springfield (although ironically, Indiana is my home state. :P) I'm both excited and worried. I want everything to fall into place so I can focus on learning! Hope it goes well for you!

yeah me too, there are some that have been here for 4-5 weeks and its to be a 3 wk course, so im kinda stearing away from that and stick it the 1st weekers like myself. Good luck to you as well!!

Day One is tomorrrow!!!

Drive safe all!

Geo

Something to make you laugh.... hopefully

Lmao i knew you guys would like that...

and thats what i told my wife, try that here and the news story would be:

Very sad day today, as a Joke went very very bad, a man dressed up like a dinosaur was shot 16 times as he tried spooking his buddy.

Something to make you laugh.... hopefully

I was crying this morning when I seen this on GoodMorningAmerica

C-1 here I come.

**UPDATE*

I fly out of Philly next monday morning. Dang shame a round trip ticket was 45.00 more then a 1 way bus ticket.

C-1 here I come.

That is insane. You might be able to fly there for less than that!

Thats what i think im doing. i just called my private investor ( my grandmother) and she is checking her air miles to see if it will cover the trip..lol

C-1 here I come.

Thank you guys a bunch. BUUUUT of cource there is a new problem... wtf.gifwtf.gif

I went on grayhounds site this morning and a 1way ticket from harrisburg to ft.wayne was 77.00 (woohoo!) now i get on to buy the ticket and the #%^&$% thing is now 260.95. are you kidding me? really? so now i have the choice of driving my car and pray the 9hrs that i dont break down.. OR use 1/2 of my allotted $ i had to go and live off of. my gosh i get 1 step forward and karma or something donkey kicks me a half mile back.... Anyone heading out to FT. Wanye the end of the month? LOL

Update later on.....

C-1 here I come.

Looks like im going to C-1 for P.A.M, I Start school 9/1/2013 dancing.gifembarrassed.gif

C-1 here I come.