Comments By Linden R.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0492001001510793406-61275.jpeg avatar

Advice from a rookie...

I believe that someone would be you.

STORM WARNING!

Also, a bit irrelavent, but the governor has temporarily lifted the HOS regulation 395.3 for trucks carrying oil into the state. This is in effect until the 9th.

STORM WARNING!

This is a bit late, but if you are in/near New England, I'd advise you shut down asap. Here in RI, We've already had 9 trucks jackknife about 36 go off of the road. 14 inches of snow already, and it's set to keep on going. Sustained wind of 25mph, gusts up to 60mph. The Governor has banned all trucks from entering Rhode Island. From what I can tell, anywhere from NJ up on I-95 is dangerous.

Stay safe, be smart.

Route from Seattle to New Orleans to avoid snow and mountains

Try this route, avoids most mountains and no snow (except for Seattle itself) right now: https://goo.gl/2Er4KP (The link feature wouldn't recognize either the long link or the shortened link for some reason :/)

Hey Brett

No problem! When I'm bored, as I currently am, I find some random issue and try to find a solution. I don't know why, it's just a random habit of mine ;)

Well if you're not busy over the holidays you could always tackle the Middle East.

smile.gif

LOL. I don't know, tell em to stop and hope they do it. If they don't then good luck, because I'm out of ideas. rofl-3.gif

Hey Brett

Hey Brett

Maybe some kind of "Submit Video" tab in the navigation thingy on the left? When you click it, it brings you to a page that discusses the requirements, and at the bottom, there is an "Add Video" button, just like we have the photo button in the forum. They can add it, and you somehow receive it. I don't know if this is possible, but if so it'd be a good option. Then you can go through and edit them like you said you could, and upload them yourself. That way we don't have people abusing it; You and maybe a few mods check everything.

Snow, please stop following me.

Just sayin', I was laughing at the title. Snow literally follows us up here. We have a saying in New England; "Follow any storm and you'll end up here". US prevailing winds go northeast, everything you guys get we get. So yeah, we literally get followed by it. We're a big magnet.

Today is my 1 yr. Day!

Awesome job!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Back on the horse

Don't judge on cpm. The lower it is, the more it pushes you to get good miles. The more miles you get, you get paid more and get on your dispatcher's good side.

N00b Questions You (Probably) Have But Were Afraid To Ask!

I just found this thread (7 months later...), but I can help with #8.

My mom won't go anywhere without em. Even when renting a car for a couple hours she puts them on. I've seen tons of deer skitter off. Meanwhile, in my dad's car without them, they've ran out in front like we're invisible. They work!

Share A Cool Moment From Your Day

Have been in the middle of nowhere and signal was to weak to upload pic. With the assistance of flying J WiFi I can finally upload.

Highway to Heaven 0208647001513301665.jpg

Wow! I love it!

Tickets in personal car

I'm thinking we may have a relative of the original Patrick?

That's it, I'm changing my name. Taking votes for a new handle, lol.

ho WOAHlding

Be careful out there! Winter is here!

JUst won't stop up here. Got 2-3 inches Saturday, then another 4 or so inches today. The plows never plowed the main road until about 2:00PM. Was chaos on the school bus this morning, couldn't see 2 feet in front. Saw an F-450 dump truck get sideways on a righthand turn, but he saved it. Be safe.

OMGosh. Just Received Driver Of The Month Award!

Congrats! You deserve it!

Take your time

Connecticut is a pretty state.

Said no New Englander ever

Tickets in personal car

OMG, you're back again?

I thought so too. I guess not.

FYI I don’t have multiple accidents. My mvr is actually clean right now so chill out.

I find that hard to believe. Just go through your own comment history. Looks pretty bad, huh?

Tickets in personal car

FYI, this guy is Kash. Just changed name and removed avatar.

Eric, you've had a lot going on recently - mostly negative things. I'm going to try not to repeat what has been consistently said in your other threads, but it's true. With all you've done recently, honestly, I feel that this industry may not be for you. And I mean this in the nicest way possible, but it's the rough truth. You have numerous accidents under your belt, nearly none of which you've owned up to. Your trucking resumé currently doesn't look that good. After a year without a license (by the way, do you mean CDL or normal license?), you'll have to go through the entire training process again. That was the part you didn't like; You'll have to go through it again. Also, restarting after an entire year without doing it means opportunity for as many accidents as you've had. Your record is not very clean at all currently, think of how bad it would be with twice that.

Honestly, I'd say no, to answer the question. sorry.gif

P.S. You already posted a thread about this and got some good advice. Use some of that too.

Share A Cool Moment From Your Day

Yesterday I had a qualifier for the state robotics tournament (First Lego League), and we advanced. Had to be there by 7:40, got there in time, left 6:30 and I didn't get breakfast. Got home at 5:00 after going out for dinner. All that time spent in the pit with absolutely nothing to do paid off; Both of the teams in our school advanced to the championship round! Even though our other team was last place in the robot game and my team was 14th (out of 18), our projects wowed the judges. The competition is actually very project oriented; This year's theme was Hydro Dynamics, and we had to find a problem and an innovative solution in the human water cycle. Coach always told us that it was the project that matters, judges could care less about the robot. Well, she was right; Other team got LAST PLACE robot and yet still advanced.

What a day. #TruckThat

Had to go up to North Providence (usually 40 min drive) at 6:30 yesterday for a robotics competition (see my post in "Cool Things that Heppened In Your Day" or whatever it's called) and ha to go home at 3:45PM. On the way back, was snowing really hard and it took about an hour and 20 min to get home. Well, that's not counting the stop we made at a local restaurant for dinner ;). But ppl off the roads everywhere, on 295 we even saw a guy on an ATV blasting around in the little ditch between the highway.