Profile For Jeffrey R.

Jeffrey R.'s Info

Nashville, TN

Company Driver In Training

6 years, 2 months ago

Jeffrey R.'s Bio

In trucking school, looking online for professional helpers, Nashville livin, love my life and God is Good!

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Thinking about USXpress

Well here's the thing, it was a course advertised as being possibly done in 3-4 weeks. However now that I am in it I understand that they encourage people to take their time with it as needed and they will assess whether or not you may need more time. To be safe I am taking closer to 4-5 weeks, I can handle that with my life and I think it is the right thing to do. But just me personally I think the longer the course the better.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Thinking about USXpress

Hi captain,

Going to United TDS in Murfreesboro which is close to me, so far enjoying it. Would reccomend to people in area and some older guys like me who are getting back in the saddle with this new career choice.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Thinking about USXpress

Awesome, thank you both for the feedback I appreciate it. Yes I am in TN.

I have heard the equipment is very good, too, glad to know that it's confirmed. Not super worried about the fully automatic fleet, I can manage that.

Thank you both, I appreciate you answering.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Thinking about USXpress

Hi everyone

Finally making some steps towards where I want my career to take me. I have been doing some research and narrowed it down to a few companies but mostly the ones that I've had other people recommend to me and the companies that are close to me.

Here's the main one that I am looking into it is Us Xpress - does anybody have feedback or experience with it? Really anything helps. This is the company I am talking about in case some don't know - Us Express just trying to make the right decision. I know a lot of you go on here for help and everyone on here knows what they are talking about.

Thank you everyone.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Passed my CDL Test!!!!

Hey Captain congrats hoping to pass mine when I take it soon, too

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Game: stupid things you have done on the road

Well I'd be lying if I said that I never left my lunch on top of the cab lol

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Passed!

Congratulations now comes the hunt for the jobs (release the hounds haha)

Just met my first ******bag trucker.....

No apology needed. Incredibly silly on his end I agree. Glad to see cooler heads prevailed on your end.

Just met my first ******bag trucker.....

Wow that sucks, especially when you are trying to train too. At least you were the bigger person in the scenario and tried to be courteous. I suppose it isn't the profession you get into if you have road rage haha.

Question Abt Cabs

Great photos, thanks for the ideas. And thanks to you too Brett I definitely agree safety should come first. Ill have to figure otu what kind of set up I can secure to make a great kitchen sort of area.

Cdl training school

Hey can anyone give me info what cdl school will accept me got my license back in april'2016 they were suspended in 2012 i have no points on my record

I dunno what happened to my comment but Express truck Driving Jobs are good, I think they helped out my friend who had a similar cicurmstance. But like Brett said it doesn't hurt to apply all around, I just know they sponsor students and people like that. Good reputation from what my friend says.

Question Abt Cabs

Love the crock pot - I use the slow cooker bags and really cheap plastic containers. These get thrown away so my only washing up is the ladle and the fork. I use Clorox wipes for these. I have a good knife but so far I've only used cubed stew meat which kinda falls apart. I don't do coffee but my trainer has a coffee pot. I occasionally use the microwave for tea or hot cocoa. I also keep a supply of ziplock bags in sandwich and gallon size for disposing of liquid or messy items.

These are all excellent ideas that I would've never thought of before thank you. The ziplock bags can really come in handy because i know I can be a mess haha. Yeah, if you have any photos I would really like to see just so I can visualize what you're talking about.

Question Abt Cabs

Sounds great Thank you, Sue! Hey a steak or a burger doesn't sound too bad and im not even in the cab haha

Trucking newb, super excited with a touch of terrified!

I heard Express was good (I think they're U.S. Express), my buddy got a position with them out of school. I have some other reccomendations, too as I have been looking and I am in a program too. Just trying to look ahead like you are. Let me know if you want any more reccomendations.

Question Abt Cabs

Excellent, thank you for all the information. I like the idea of the small grill, too. That really helps a guy out. Happy trucking!

Question Abt Cabs

Oh, memory foam mattress is a good idea. Any grill or fridge reccomendations? Need to look into that sirius radio... don't know much about decorating haha.

Question Abt Cabs

Well I have the standard stuff, a bed (if you can call it that) a small support for my back, et cetera. I guess what Im asking is how I can make it more "live-able" It's pretty standard right now, any tips on making it more comfortable or if anyone has pictures of cool ideas for how to improve them.

Question Abt Cabs

Hello -

I had a question about cabs. Im just starting out and may be looking at some otr work. How can I make my sleeper more comfortable, any ideas?