Profile For Steven H.

Steven H.'s Info

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 4 months ago

Steven H.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Released

Lol right or rather don't leave it on someone's truck

Good Luck! I hope it works out this time...... DON'T FORGET YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!

smile.gifrofl-3.gif

Released

And the next company I leave next Friday for orentation.

Released

Guess the part of me having no problem filling the orginal contract was no problem to was quickly forgotten. I didn't like when I was told I'd have to sign the same contract again that's where my problem came from. As far as the certicate it will show when a refrence check is done through them stating I did complete it.

Released

Well countless emails and calls released from contract with crst grounds elapsed time of restrictive term.

Tarping stinks in this hot weather.

Lol picture didn't load the first time. rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

Tarping stinks in this hot weather.

I don't have to tarp loads but I can imagine I know my chains and binders get hot as hell in this Florida sun.

Non compete contracts.

The Provided as the restrictive term may be lifted by payment in full. .

This should read provided the restrictive term will lapse immediately upon payment in full.

Non compete contracts.

The non compete defines the term as 8 months of employment or reimbursement. Secondly it defines the restrictive term as any amount of the "TERM" remaining after termination of employment of employee with or without cause by the either party. Provided as the restrictive term may be lifted by payment in full. Which means I am not under contract as of Oct 14. The only reason I am being this way is their telling me I would have sign another contract. Being original said contract is null and void as defined by the restrictive term. True they can hold my driver certificate by all rights but not claim I'm under contract to potential employers to get them to hire me with legal action. I again state I had no problem going back and full filling contract until above stated.

Non compete contracts.

Jan 2014 been driving for the past year. Problem is being handled.

Non compete contracts.

Just a massive headache guess I'll be calling them tomorrow again see if Simone can shed some light.

Non compete contracts.

I stated I have no problem doing that if they would let me road test and send me out with a trainer fine. But why must I sign another contact that's the part I'm hung up on if I'm already under contract why is there a need for a second one. I'm skeptical by nature that's why being an MP was an easy and fun job. Yes I did find employment outside of trucking. As far as details being left out the only part that I did leave out as after I got my cdl back still couldn't get a hold of FM the only thing I did get was un eligible for rehire and under contract till Oct 14. Hence why I'm confused with the still under contract part.

Non compete contracts.

Brett I have no intentions of suing and what little face it may save me I didn't run out on the contract from the last topic if you read it. I went home to transfer my license over had lost my birth certificate couldn't transfer I know my fault no one else's I was calling my fleet manager every other day keeping him informed. Almost 2 months elapse waiting for it to come in through mail from GA by this time fleetanger has dropped contact I assumed terminated. I would have no problem going back continuing the original contract but telling me I must go back through the three weeks at cedar rapids sign another contract. Be in more debt etc that's crazy I don't run from responsibility I did 6 years in the army until I was medically discharged. I have a 4 kids and wife I can't afford to miss 3 weeks worth of work with no pay.

Non compete contracts.

Yes after hours of call hopping I would have to go through the entire 3 week cource again which constitutes for another debt to them. For them "retraining" me

[CRST is] hindering my ability to make a living a present. Unless I go back through the whole ordeal again sign another contact be in more debt because they would be "sponsering" my training again

How do you know they will charge you twice? Often you can "test out" in a few days then get on the road.

How is CRST "hindering my ability to make a living a present"? You and CRST have a contract. From their point of view, you aren't doing what you agreed to do. Like Brett said, you'll only be able to work for companies who really don't care for their equipment or the people who work for them.

Have you spoken with anyone at CRST about what it takes to get your upgrade to OTR?

Non compete contracts.

Well finally got crst to send me a copy of the contract. The way it is worded they try to make it seem like you are stuck until you drive for them or reimburse. Well the problem with that is there has to be a time frame where it's the non compete is up I think 3 years is sufficient time. Don't construe that as an intent to get out of it I have every intention of paying them but they are hindering my ability to make a living a present. Unless I go back through the whole ordeal again sign another contact be in more debt because they would be "sponsering" my training again.

Swift In Cab Camera

I can agree with the dash cam completely understandable. Inside cam pointed at the driver seat sure make sure you are not texting and driving etc. Makes sense as Brett said they are trusting you with a very expensive machine not only that heavy if a driver is doing something they shouldn't that distracts them it shouldn't fall on the company of something happens it was operator error. Which most of the time in these trucks ends in loss of life. I almost mowed over a drunk driver that flew past me and came to a stop in front of my truck. Only thing that saved him was a car that decided to y bone the car to get it off the road. (Three lane interstate outside El paso about 2 am on new years.) I couldn't lane change because of the car that t boned the other was by my passenger step. And I was too busy breaking down gears and laying on the horn to notice the car had moved. I would have been glad to have that camera to show I was doing what I was supposed to and not my fault albeit I probably would have never drive again.

What would you do in this situation.

I didn't jump ship per se when I went home time to transfer my license back to MS from Iowa I had left my my birth certificate on the trainers truck(my fault yes I know) considering I was born in Georgia I had to order another BS FM kept in contact but took almost two months to get it. By that time hadn't heard anything from them and already had a job making good money so didn't bother with it. BTW not my current employer.

What would you do in this situation.

It's a never ending dismal cycle lol can't drive for any of the company's I applied for because I just found out I'm still under contract with crst. Which I thought was over with in October of 14 lol yay. Apparently it didn't count just time lapsed O well looks like I'm going to try to go back with them. confused.gif

What would you do in this situation.

Waiting for replies from companies.

What would you do in this situation.

Not all of them this one just got out of the shop 3 days ago.

What would you do in this situation.

Told my boss I couldn't in good concienice drive the truck. He called brief exchange he wasn't happy ended up getting a mack for me to drive. Got half way to Panama city gauges started bottoming out from electrical problems. Lord help me lol.