Comments By Steven H.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-blur.jpg avatar
  • Steven H.
  • Comments:

What would you do in this situation.

Thanks tough choice to make having people to assure me is the right choice means a lot I appreciate it talked to family that agree is not worth it and will help me out until a company picks me. Should worst case scenario happens.

What would you do in this situation.

That's what me and my father in law where talking about if something did happen I'd have to tell them because they would find out and possibly terminate for with holding information.

What would you do in this situation.

Thank you Matt and yes I know I shouldn't but with already having financial problems of disconnect notices and eviction makes it a tougher descion to make sorry if it seemed like a obvious question but there are a lot of factors that were having me consider it I do apologize.

FMCSA - Coercion - Whistleblower

What would you do in this situation.

About to get a job back otr my current employer wants me to drive to Panama city tomorrow. As of now I have a perfect driving record my concern is now the companies I have applied for have already ran my mvr etc. The truck he wants me to drive is a yard truck meaning is in very bad shape. There are no wipers on the truck hole in the floor board non of the gauges work air leaks everywhere front end is messed up lights work when they want to. It would honestly be easier to tell dot to mark everything wrong and let's go correct the stuff that's right. If I refuse to drive it I may get canned but I need to work till I leave just don't know if I should take the risk.

Thoughts on company's.

Lol well not sure about that the company I work for puts the piles in the ground for them.

Thoughts on company's.

Lol the last 4 houses we did they put their pools 10ft off the ground

Thoughts on company's.

Mostly the beachs or upscale neighbor hoods or the most remote locations you could possible think of to put a house on the water.

Thoughts on company's.

Pensacola area run operate from fairhope to panama city.

Thoughts on company's.

God I hope I don't get an auto.

Looking for paid training

Knight pays during training.

Flatbed Variety

Thanks for the info my lowboy is an attachment for a 4th axle never needed it and the rear axle does lift now the old lowboy I have doesn't. I imagined it was similar in that was you torn the trailer enough that front axle just wants to hop around.

Question if anyone knows is a spread Axle flatbed any harder to pull/back than a triple axle lowboy (53ft).

You can turn the lowboy easier. With that said, they are not all that hard. Our 53' quad is easier to maneuver than the spread axle 48'. The rear axle does lift. I pull probably the largest variety of trailers of anyone on here. We have tandem axle dovetails, 2/3/8 and 9 axle lowboys, quad axle 53' flatbeds, 3 axle 53' stepdeck, 48' spread axle flatbeds and stepdecks and tandem axle 40' flatbeds that stretch to 68'. None of them are overly difficult. Different yes but not hard.

Perfectly planned trip THWARTED by a FLAT TIRE !

Same reason I drove at night also makes cities quicker at 2-3am very few 4 wheelers.

Parked 9 hours from my destination yesterday afternoon. Had 12 hrs on my 70 this morning, 11 driving. Was going to drop, park for my 34, and do it again. As I do every morning, prior to starting my clock, started my pre trip. I like to look for the obvious before I start my clock. I found the obvious. Called Road Service. Had to back track 60 miles to Loves. I Beat my CLOCK to death this week! I would have hit 2925 miles at my final, all in one pay period! Waiting at Loves for a new tire. Now I have to T call the load in San Antonio. I'll still hit the 2700 mark, but...........CRAP! I planned this trip to the TEE. OH WELL, I'll do my 34 in San Antonio and start again Monday. If I would have started my clock BEFORE my Pre Trip, i would have lost several more hours. ALWAYS check for leaks,flats,etc. before you log on duty for the day. That 14 hour clock stops for no one!

smile.gif

This is one reason I like to roll from late night to early morning whenever possible. At the end of my day, I can check my tires in daylight and have them serviced while I'm taking a shower or grabbing food. Then I park and go to bed. Since I'm parking in the late AM, early PM, there are plenty of spots in just about any truck stop.

Thoughts on company's.

No but I will Thank you.

Flatbed Variety

3 Strikes, I Guess I'm Out

Nope almost crapped myself 6% grade fully loaded. It was one of those hold on tight abs kiss your butt goodbye moments.

Did you keep a straight face and tell him your worried about fuel mileage?

3 Strikes, I Guess I'm Out

My trainer almost flunked me. I can't remember the road number but it's the trucks route going from north cal around L.A heading out of california there is a short 6% grade that leads to a tunnel or underpass. Anyway I didn't down shift in time and took the grade in neutral.

CRST truth please

Also once i started driving they docked 50 dollars a week to payback the stay at casa de crst in Cedar rapids.

CRST truth please

During the class time and School time they didn't pay I'd have to look this back in 2013 when I went but once hired they advancede 150 to get things needed.

CRST truth please

I went to crst company sponsored training everything was what they said it was to be. Now by no means am I bad mouthing the company my lead driver was a 60+ year old lady and phenomenal driver but new O/O. I got lots of great advice and plenty of backing practice while sitting. The truck would not move except for the right load monetary reasons so I understood only thing I can recommend get with a company driver lead or established O/O that the fleet manner actually gives freight to the lead. We were both new to the FM we were assigned and trying to give us 700-1300 mile run on teams that run good that's a cake walk I was in training. Pushing 600 miles a day myself.

Thoughts on company's.

All the companies I mentioned are considering hiring me contingent on a few things. Only hope cypress for three reasons 3 week refresher .45 a mile loaded .34 empty and it's regional. They're the only one really accepting my local flatbed exp(pulling spread Axel flatbed). But I learned never put all your eggs in one basket. Just need better pay hauling some of the stuff I do and not clearing 500 a week. Plus it's a local construction company that sets piles for multi million dollar beach houses. In the Florida pan handle I can assure you I have put my truck where it surely was never intended to be.