Profile For Jason T.

Jason T.'s Info

1 year, 9 months ago

Jason T.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Jason T.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

MO Permit transfer laws? (prime)

Prime told me I couldn't transfer but a company in Joplin MO will let me transfer 🤔

Hi. I have a question. When I went through PSD at prime I could have transferred my permit from NJ to MO. From what I understand, the new law says you can no longer transfer the permits into MO. So all testing must be done in MO.

A forum member was told the opposite and is scheduled for prime orientation

Can anyone clarify please? Thanks

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Physical requirements and what and how checked?

Type in high blood pressure in the search box on here it has a good bit of information on it, it may be able help you

Can someone explain the process of what is checked and how it is checked? I have a few health conditions I'm hoping will not ruin my chances at becoming a truck driver. Rbild and elevated blood pressure. Thanks

Xpo job offer

Okay I'll have go to school I have a class A permit so not to sure what the school part Is going to do I have over 10 years experience driving triaxle dumps and ready mix concrete trucks

You have to have a permit before you get started. They then bring you to Joplin for the drug test. If you are going to the student program, they will send you to school. If you went to school on your on, you will go through orientation. Bring your receipt for school. They reimburse up to $4,000, spread out over a year.

Xpo job offer

10/4 I'll probably start first of the year you know what process They do if you already have A permit

Donnie, I know it sucks being away from your wife. I have had to live that life. Can't wait until she can go to school at the beginning of the year. One big picture bonus of you two having separate trainers is having two learning references when you two are driving. So if your trainer isn't as strong in teaching something, and hers is, she can help you. Just a thought.

Jason, XPO runs just about all of the lower 48 and Canada.

Advice for discouraged newbie

Shifting don't think to much about or you will mess up don't worry about grinding gears everyone dose don't rush the shift

Need newbie advice

Your over thinking calm down relax just do it don't think about it too much

Xpo job offer

What area dose xpo run east Midwest?

If its truckload, then its full size dry van for now. We did by another company that has reefer but no idea if we will start pulling reefs.

I'm earning better miles each week, and just heard we are about to get a lot more. Home time is the same as most, one day for every seven out, but our home time isn't capped. Most places make you give up your truck if you take more than four, but not us.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself.

I don't know how some are but xpo logistics I talked to them Tuesday they told me they could have me in Joplin mo Monday so depends on the company

Xpo job offer

They pull pups? You get good miles/ home time

I drive for them. They are a great company. If you've ever seen a con way truck, that belongs to Xpo.

Xpo job offer

Anyone have experience with xpo logistics I had a job offer from them to day

Where To Get A DOT Physical

American family care dose them 85$

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Prime people I have a few questions

Prime want let me switch my permit from m Alabama To MO 😡

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

How's your truck holding up?

1996 international paystar 500k no problems 13 speed

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

How soon we forget!

I was in home room in the 9th grade was bout to go into 1st period

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Brake Safety Week: Sept. 11-17

Tell me if I'm wrong but on the new models the slack adjusters automatically adjust

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

A Lesson Learned

Isn't USA main office and terminal in Arizona?

I am about to start my final week of CDL training and am testing Thursday and Friday. Assuming I graduate with my CDL, I am to work for one year with USA Truck. Unfortunately, I just now realized their hauls seem to be primarily based in the east side of the country (east of the Mississippi). I was hoping to move to southeast Arizona soon but now I'm thinking it won't be happening for awhile. Does anyone know of any companies that are based in Arizona or have hauls that go there frequently?

P.S. This is somewhat of a cross-threaded post due to my lack of knowledge of the discussion areas.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Flatbed Variety

Don't know if it counts as flat bed but it's a ready mix concrete truck hauls about 18 yards I will be driving one in bout 2 weeksimage_zps8ip79gmo.jpeg

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

What did you do before becoming a truck driver?

10 year diesel mechanic and concrete hauler

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Off topic shifter

I use to drove one but it was a maxi torq transmission I've never seen a Eaton anyone know what this is called image_zpsmwjlmotb.jpeg

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Freightliner, Volvo, PB, KW etc RELIABILITY

Don't most volvos have the. Mercedes Enige in them well mine dose D-13 great pull power poor fuel mileage

Regarding manufacturers, it all depends on what amenities you want in a truck as far as cabinets vs sliding curtains or nets, fridge, etc. You'll always get a million different answers in regards to who likes what brand and honestly, it's a moot point. What's more important is which manufacturer is going to hold the best resale value when the time comes and the top two positions are held by KW and Pete. You only have 4 engine manufacturers since Cat got out of the game back in 2013-14. Volvo, Detroit, Cummins and Paccar all have their perks and fans but in newer trucks, you'll see that Cummins pretty much dominates the market. My real question is why are you looking at 1 year old, under 100k trucks? You won't be saving any real money from depreciation (not to mention being hard to find) and what little you would save in depreciation is going to get sucked up by adding on an extended warranty. Personally, if your heart is set on buying your own truck, drive for a while first and really get to know the industry before making that large of a purchase. Being that new, you really aren't going to run into too many problems off the bat that wouldn't be covered under the warranty but it'll still cost you down time while the truck payment is still due.