Comments By Jason T.

https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah317/Jason_Lynn_Batson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8ip79gmo.jpeg avatar
  • Jason T.
  • Comments:

Clutch very hard to press in driving school?

Even though the clutch is stiff it shouldn't be press all the way in or half way clutches usely dissingage bout inch pressed in

Is there a reason for the clutch being very hard to press in trucking school? I just finished my first day of actually driving around the yard and trying a few backups. The clutch is almost impossible to push down, although I made it through today I'm not sure if I can do this on a regular basis. I had a broken leg(knee) when I was a kid and had 2 surgeries on it after that. I've never had a problem with any clutch in a car. Although my left knee is not as strong as my right one I'm wondering if I can do this all day? I'm just wondering if they don't want to replace the clutches in the trucks at the school or repair them to make them "normal"? So i guess my question is how much harder is a clutch in a semi vs a car?

Thanks everyone

Congratulations no problem glad I could help

Thanks everyone for all the help. Passed my CDL today!! Jason thanks for the phone call.

Help

Tell you what email me bstson90@gmail.com I'll give you my contac info

Help

I've been driving for awhile know you can get a rhythm The way I was teach it's like a guitar hight strum sound up shift low bass sound down shift if that makes sense Engine And road speed is another way

Makes sense. How hard will that be to actually try it for the first time on my 3 rd test? I scored 32 points they are aware of the problem with the new instructor but that doesn't help me when I am in the actual testing part. So you think I can get some rhythm in my head to help me pass?

Which company

I like their offers plus they have tanker and flat bed don't really wanna run Box or reefer

Just a update I have choose prime inc flatbed/tanker will know something diffently by tuesday

Well two days ago you were stuck between Swift and PAM. Wasn't expecting that update haha!

Help

Downshifting always been easy to me I have a problem up shifting sometimes do you let it rpm drop about 4 points then rev up? I let mine drop to about 1300 shift to nutral rev up to 1500 1600

I have a serious problem. I'm at swift in Memphis. Have tested twice and failed the road. They are aware I had a new road instructor who told us to float. I take my 3rd test Monday at 1. They tried to get me in a truck Friday but we're short instructors, and they are aware what happened. Downshifting is my problem. Any suggestions. Thinking of stealing a truck tomorrow to practice tomorrow!! Anyone in the area feel like doing any charity work!??

Which company

Class B Opportunities

I left you a email with my contacts I have resources here in Alabama

I recently attended the Celadon Driving Academy in Gadsden, Alabama, but after three weeks, we reached a mutual agreement that driving COMBINATION vehicles just isn't my thing. Never got the backing down which in Alabama is EXTREMELY STRICT. So now I've got this Class A Permit including GENERAL KNOWLEDGE and AIR BRAKES and a valid D.O.T. card and I'd really like to put them to use. What I'd need would be to complete a pre-trip and road test. I've got no issues backing single vehicles. So WHAT NOW? Paying out of pocket or taking out a loan isn't an option. What I need is some COMPANY that would work with me on completing a Class B within a reasonable time and then going to work. Any and all suggestions welcome. My direct email address is paul35906@gmail.com

Class B Opportunities

Paul I can help you with that I'll send you my number I'm from bama too

Which company

I'm stuck between 2 company's swift and PAM I have googled both there is a ton of negative things about them I know not to believe everything you read anyone here have a personal experience with either company if so give me your feed back only thing about Pam I don't like is the 6 months with a trainer my wife has to only giving me a year to get my class A or wait till end of the year give a school 3200$

He just can't pass

Take your time read the question several times before answering too

Orientation next week!

Would like to know about this company too they are my back up the plan being that I have A permit now I don't wanna do all the written test Again...

Question about the HIGH ROAD TRAINING PROGRAM

To me the tanker endorsement was the easiest lol

90 degree ally dock

Well I got some good news today yesterday was a bad news day I had a construction company to call me today said they would help me get my class A if I drive a loboy for them..

I'm good until I miss a gear

Sorry bout the typeo don't know how to edit it

When you grind usely you drop Rpms or you pick them up depending on the road all ways know what gear your phone in I usely rev up put in gear or back back to the gear I left

I'm good until I miss a gear

90 degree ally dock

After all talking to my company they turned me down due to not having enough trucks so now I'm have go on the road to get my class A cdl which I really don't wanna deal with the nightmares of otr and getting loads and home time... I want regional they don't wanna give me it...I don't wanna deal with school room work when I have been driving for 10 years I know there's a difference in straight truck and combination just really didn't want to get into that part....

TT CDL Training Program - How close are the questions to the permit test?

I pass the combination and tanker test just this Friday it was pretty easy here in Alabama you can miss up to 5 but they are similar to the practice test most have the skip option

90 degree ally dock

Thanks yeah I shortcut I have no desire to go Otr I will know something by tomorrow on my traning i know there's going to be challenges on pulling a trailer I was teach by a old timer he said if you can drive a ready mix truck you can drive anything later on he trained me to drive a twin stick b model Mack lol

Ok, now it makes a bit more sense. The job is there, that's good. My assumption is you have no desire to go OTR. Also really good you have conquered shifting multi-range transmissions and definitely can handle the weight. The wagon trailing your tractor is your challenge.

I still think someone with experience at your current employer at the very least, should provide you with significant instruction and work with you as you practice. Further, they should also continue observational & supervised road training before turning you loose on your own, solo.

Also suggest studying pre-trip in the High Road Training Program to familiarize yourself with inspecting a combination vehicle. Pre-trip will be part of your exam, gotta know it cold.

I suggest asking them to acknowledge and explain how they will be training you before and after getting your class A. I know I sound like an old stick-in-the-mud, but I have seen several examples of exactly what you are attempting to accomplish, short-cutting training only to fail miserably. Trying to help you avoid that.

Good luck Jason. Keep us posted if you can.

90 degree ally dock

I drive a 6 axle ready mix concrete truck 9 10 13 speeds. The company I work for has a tanker division I plan on going into I make 18.75 hour now I'll make 2$ more when I get A license why I done it

Welcome Jason. Without knowing much of anything, my initial pointer is to get some training in a tractor trailer, if at all possible formal training.

Otherwise:

How do you intend to practice?

What will you take your test in?

As a class A permit holder you will need a valid class A driver in the passenger chair as you practice and drive, do you have one?

What type of truck are you currently driving (axles, trans, GVW)?

Do you have a class A job already lined up?

The route you are taking is atypical to what is recommended and may not help you achieve the desired result.

The reason I asked those questions, operating a straight truck, even a class 7 tri-axle is not the same as 72 foot tractor and trailer combination. Unless you have a job lined up, getting a job requiring a class A CDL may prove difficult without some formal training, typically 160 hours before taking the road and yard skills test. Even then your future employer may require 4-6 weeks of additional road training with an instructor before going solo.

I could continue but without more information on what you want it may not be applicable.