Profile For LDRSHIP

LDRSHIP's Info

Clarksville, TN

Experienced Driver

2 years, 5 months ago

LDRSHIP's Bio

I am an Army vet that served 17 1/2 years. In the military I was a UH-60 Blackhawk mechanic / crewchief. I am a licensed Master Barber in the state of Tennessee. Now I am a professional driver with H. O. Wolding.

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Music Time...

I like pretty much any music with a good beat and lyrics you can understand. But lately, last year or so, been listening to mainly a play list of trucking songs on YouTube. Can’t find them all on iTunes. Songs like Chicken Lights and Chrome, Driving My Life Away, Brothers of the Highway, Roll On, etc.....

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Here is an example of why we stress staying with your company for a full year.

I particular like those trailers that have 2 arrows on the back. The one pointing left has “Passing side” under it. The one pointing right has “Suicide”. Cracks me up every time.

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Family riders/passengers

Marissa, I breathlessly await your expert opinion on military living. So how do you know the “horrors” of being a military brat?

Now, to skip to the part about raising a child in a truck. I’m pretty sure the laws concerning children being restrained in a moving vehicle. I don’t know about you, but the thought of strapping a 2 yr old into a car seat for 11 hours a day, sounds borderline abusive to me. Not to mention the need for the availability of a toilet. Or do you propose just don’t bother with potty training and leave the kid in a diaper for the first 5 years of its life?

Since you seemed he’ll bent on firing shots, a little return volley shouldn’t be an issue.

But, then again Hawaii doesn’t have anything even remotely close to being an OTR driver. You can’t get very far when it only takes 4 hours to do a lap around Oahu.

Posted:  3 days, 19 hours ago

Page Turners?

There is a trucking company I see here and there in the Midwest. It is called Sparhawk trucking. It makes me smile every time I see their trucks.

Posted:  3 days, 20 hours ago

Ask for new trainer, or suck it up?

Do you know how long you are going to be stuck at the yard? I know when I did my sleep study for the VA it wasn’t a one night thing. It was 3 nights.

Funny thing about why I had to get a sleep study. I was at my VA doctors office and the doctor was going thru a list of questions. He was getting to questions about sleeping. My wife chimes in about how I stop breathing in my sleep and it scares her. I was like: Thanks hun, Buddy is only half the word. LoL

Posted:  3 days, 20 hours ago

Page Turners?

I mainly read fantasy books my problem is I read very fast so i tend to fly through books. I'm actually a little worried about finding new fantasy books I havent read. I've found myself switching to audiobooks of series Ive already read through. The downside of reading fast is lower comprehension so i do pick up quite a bit on rereads. I think I've read Game of Thrones 4 times ........goin on 6.5 years waiting for the next book.

confused.gif

If you like fantasy have you read anything by David Eddings? I really suggest the Elenium trilogy. The books are: The Diamond Throne, The Ruby Knight and The Saphire Rose.

There is a follow on series to that trilogy. The follow on series is The Tamuli.

Posted:  4 days, 4 hours ago

Dry Ice?

Only good for frozen food, NOT refrigerated. It will freeze everything in the cooler. Ask me how I learned that one.... confused.gif

How did you learn that one?

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

We Had A Major Truck Accident

Well wishes for a speedy recovery!!

God Speed

Posted:  5 days, 4 hours ago

CRST Exit Oppurtunities???

CRST does have a few solo opportunities. They do own Pegasus. Pegasus is solo drivers for the most part.

Posted:  6 days, 3 hours ago

BBC producer (UK) looking for contributors for radio program about truckers from around the world!

My story just isn’t that interesting. MillionMiler has a good story. It is inspirational and everything.

Posted:  6 days, 16 hours ago

Dangerous Conditions in Wisconsin and no doubt elsewhere!

There was a 40 vehicle pileup on 94 in Osseo yesterday. Drive Safe everyone

Posted:  1 week ago

Was it something I said?

I guess I’m just New school, not old school, lol. Instead of a walnut why not carbon fiber and chrome?

Posted:  1 week ago

Was it something I said?

Each their own. LoL

Posted:  1 week ago

Preparing for CDL school is a family affair!!

What I am about to say is in jest, but it sadly is true as well. My home is in my truck. I visit my wife at her house. My clothes, my food, my entertainment is all in my truck. I pack a bag out of my truck when I go home. I spend 85% of my life in the truck.

So..... My home is in my truck.

Posted:  1 week ago

Was it something I said?

I know everybody had their own personal preferences, Then again I think a wood paneled dash looks gaudy. LoL

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Retiring Military - When Should I Get CDL

Once you go about 6 months without using your CDL it would be considered too long since training and you would have to redo training. It would be best to wait and do cdl schooling during terminal leave.that way it is still nice and fresh. Plus that will allow you to just concentrate on getting your CDL.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Was it something I said?

My parents had a 81 Chevrolet Caprice wagon with wood paneling as well. I even inherited it later. Although it was on its last legs when I got it. I have fond memories of it as well, but it belongs to its time. Would you buy a modern station wagon with wood paneling? How about a Yugo? My point is times change. The stretched truck might of been cool. I personally don’t see the practicality of it. Coffin sleepers were once considered a luxury. It just happened to be 40+ years ago. Times change.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Was it something I said?

I love nice vehicles as well. Although I can appreciate the craftsmanship of the work done to stretched trucks, I for life of me understand the purpose. You take away from the handling and fuel economy for what? I have seen many beautiful trucks that are not stretched. I just don’t understand the reason to stretch a truck unless you plan of doing something with that space. It just seems such a waste of money and effort. I am a firm believer in functionality. I have seen a stretched Pete with a motorcycle lift on back. That was such an awesome thing to me. Guy had a nice HD sitting up there. I just don’t get doing it, with nothing gained. To me it looks silly. I’m sorry if my view offends. Form should enhance function.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Ask for new trainer, or suck it up?

I will be up near the yard Tuesday evening / Wednesday Morning. (Will know once I plan out my next 2 loads). I DO have an inverter. if that is something you are interested in, just throwing it out there. I will probably be grabbing a reefer and heading west at that point. I have already told you what the biggest issues are if you decided to do that.

I definitely appreciate it. Most of all, I definitely hope to finally meet you.

Do you think there is an advantage to being trained at the actual accounts I will be visiting?

As far as the time OTR, my wife and I both feel it is better than putting up with this guy for another 4500 miles.

On the other hand, you will have to put up with an old decrepit man with many aches and pains, but at least I shouldn’t snore if they make me get a CPAP.

rofl-1.gif

The only advantage of training in the region you will be running is gaining familiarity with a handleful of customers that you will be going to regularly anyways. Other than that, even if you trained for a month, you wouldn’t scratch 10% of the possible customers you will go to over the following years.

As long as you have already been in and out of Norampak/Greenpac at least a few times, you are not gaining a whole lot by staying on that trainers truck.

The snoring won’t be a problem. At least for me. TBH, a logging crew has nothing on me. I could wake the dead. Maybe that is why I passed my own sleep study for the VA, lol.

Aches and pains, lol. The military destroyed my body. We can see who has more arthritis and scar tissue, lol. I have a fairly extensive laundry list of aches and pains. We will just get a life alert subscription. “Help, we have fallen and can’t get up!”

LOL. In addition to my normal aches, I currently have a pinched nerve in my hip.

Ride the lightning!! Pinched nerves stink.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Was it something I said?

It is my opinion, but they still look silly. Use that space for something constructive. a Custom sleeper, motorcycle lift, something. As far as fitting into tight spots that is credit to the driver, not the machine. Just think what the individual could accomplish with 234” of wheel base over the 280”?