Comments By Jammer a

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/trucks.jpg avatar
  • Jammer a
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

My 1st time

Well delivered at aldis at 2am then picked up in linden New Jersey which I give a lot of props to you peeps who deal with that on a daily on my way to Indiana greenwood Indiana

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Do I have a chance to still get into trucking?

wtf-2.gif embarrassed.gif

Seriously? You didn't realize your car made contact with another car and you leave the scene of an accident?

was wondering the same!

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Hot Shot Trucking

My buddy does real well at that and he says it all lies in good equipment and a top notch broker is how he rolls and that’s all I got welcome to the site

Hey everybody my name is Nathan. I'm looking to start a Hot Shot Trucking company. Does anybody have any experience or tips or advice in this area. Any and all advice and information will be appreciated.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Need some advice...

Good update best wishes your way

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for the lack of response, and am really sorry for being a little close to the chest with the details of what had happened. This whole time, I've been in a kind of holding pattern of sorts with the company. I was being kind of closed with the details due to there being a lawsuit to the company over the accident that had happened. Some more information had come to my attention in these past few days though. Unbeknownst to me, the company marked me down as voluntarily quitting back at the end of December. So, I was thinking I was still officially hired on with them until this past Monday when I was on the phone with a recruiter from CFI who had informed me that I was not.

To answer some of the concerns that had risen up and questions in the thread....

I know I've much less than forthcoming with the information about this whole incident but just being able to vent it out and get some sort of feedback had helped me work through this mentally.

Are you willing to share a satellite view of where this occurred and explain it so others just starting out are able to avoid the same thing happening to them? Thats what this forum is all about.

This is a satellite image of the road I was on. The blue line is my path, the green arrows are the other vehicles travel direction. The little red line is where I stopped my tractor to check each direction before going on my turn. This image is also before they had done the construction on the road. The road was recently widened and a center turn lane was added into the middle of each direction of travel. 0336237001611179201.jpg

This image shows what the road layout is like currently. This is a little further north of the same road.

0687952001611179449.jpg

I was doing everything my trainer had told me to do. Having this time to think about it and work it through, I know now I should've told him no and just kept going straight until I found a MUCH safer place to turn around at, and that is my mistake. It is a mistake I've learned from though, and will not allow this to happen again.

As for what's going on NOW.....

I was pushing to get on with my buddy's local route curtain side company(Palmer-Donavin), while also this past weekend I had blasted out about 6-7 applications to various companies. After talking with a couple of them on Saturday, I received a call from a recruiter at CFI on Monday. I was open with the recruiter, and stated on my application that I was involved in an accident and was cited for failure to turn while safe. The recruiter was ok with it, and I signed a conditional job offer with them. I have gotten my rental car information and will be leaving to go to orientation this coming Saturday.

Again, I can't apologize enough for my lack of being forthcoming with the information, but I was nervous about my future and what details I could release at the time. I also apologize for how long it's taken for me to update this thread to you guys, but with the time it's taken for this all to unfold, I've gone through bouts of depression between trying to keep my head and get back out there and get back on my feet. I understand the lack of information and the lack of timely responses was frustrating.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and drive safe.

Optical

Posted:  4 days, 9 hours ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Lol just a littlerofl-1.gif

Billboard advertising:

"Jammer Gets It Fixed!"

It's good advice, but you're a bit late.

Posted:  4 days, 9 hours ago

What the actual hell did I get myself in to

The tandems the mud flap that stuff happens qaulcom goin down that’s trucking lol we’ve all dealt with that!! As far as a team mate you can fix that with 1 phone call !!! And don’t take no for an answer !!! I’m telling you !! Your mud flap should be checked on your pre an post trip after you dock or drop walk around check out your tractor trailer light breaks mirrors glass air lines etc etc shoot me your number or a pic of your fuse panel on your dash and I’ll tell you how to fix your qaulcom

It gets better, I got a fix it tickets because the lease trailer is missing a mud flap, spent 2 hours last night in 8 degree weather trying to get the release arm to tandem slide unjamed, had to shut down on the side of the road for 3 hours the other day to get my qualcom back up and running, this guy is waking me up every 5 minutes with a new question, and somehow managed to pull the tractor brake out while driving thank God we didn't roll over or jacknife. What did I do to deserve all of this?

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

How cold is it ? What’s everyone’s 20

Cold an light snow over here in klutztown

60 and windy here in LA

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

I always comment on a old thread when I wake up

Man if he thru a car against the wall I’m sorry I’m not gonna tell him he isn’t hiredembarrassed.gif shocked.png shocked.png

They asked another guy the same thing...he flipped out cursed everyone and threw a car against the wall.

Guess who got sent home?

Who? The Incredible Hulk? rofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Guess who got sent home?

Who? The Incredible Hulk? rofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

When they do the employment history check you have to sign for it your reading to much into it relax I know it’s stressful but deal with it 1 step at a time and be prepared for what they ask for ..

When I went to prime I had retired from medical field and had driven a school bus for 5 years. I expected no problems with my employment. On my third day there my recruiter called said she couldn’t verify my employment cause no one was answering phone. Yea, it summertime they are closed. I do my taxes online so I sent her 3 years of w-2 and that was the end of it. Just be prepared.

So you went to orientation even though your employment verification wasn't complete?

Yes they tell everything is good. But the real background check is once u sign giving them permission.

I meant employment verification though. The background check is criminal history. There's no employment stuff on the background check from what I understand.

Posted:  5 days, 5 hours ago

What the actual hell did I get myself in to

Bro you gotta realize also your teammate got a trainer that just had him hold the wheel didn’t show him nothing did you get it all straightened out yet ???

So I am off my trainers truck was supposed to solo out instead got told to team with another recently graduated student, I was told I would get home time after finishing my hours and instead got sent on a load right away. First thing I was told to do was pick up a trailer, they never told me that trailer belonged to another driver who wanted to fight me becuase he thought I was stealing his trailer, after security was called and a DM stepped in to calm angry super trucker down I was then sent on a wild goose chase for hours on end to find an empty. I go to the shipper, struggle to back in and get screamed at by the yard dog for it, I then have to send out a macro for a fuel solution becuase I didn't have enough to make it to the pre routed fuel stop which took them almost 3 hours to confirm my request, my team mate has some serious issues and we are not getting along at all, been spending all night at each other's throats, he dosent know how to fuel use a qualcomm slide tandems scale his load or anything else and has woken me up every hour with a new question. My favorite was at a fuel stop asking why the nozzle wouldn't fit in the tank, this guy was trying to put diesel in the DEF tank. He has no respect for my privacy and likes to move my stuff around without asking. This is all in my first day off my trainers truck

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

What the actual hell did I get myself in to

Well said o/s

Zach, I think you've got to get this straightened out quickly. Communicate with your DM first. If that gets nowhere then step it up a little higher. Stand your ground but be calm and professional. You want to be a solo driver. Make that clear, and make it clear that it needs to start today.

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

What the actual hell did I get myself in to

No it’s not wrong tell them just like that they’ll do it or ask for another dm!!!

Also pull into a pilot/flying j or a loves and call it in they’ll get you fuel I’ve had to do it more than once settle down relax tell them you never asked or wanted to team they’ll fix it it’s new bro you’ll be fine

Is it wrong to ask my DM to get one of us off this truck? This is guy is becoming more and more unbearable to deal with by the minute

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

What the actual hell did I get myself in to

Is your dm David??? And yeah Fontana terminal will put you teams with out asking call Nashville and tell them b.s or your gonna be stuck !! Fontana is a diff monster lol

Posted:  5 days, 16 hours ago

How cold is it ? What’s everyone’s 20

Rolling thru West Virginia almost to Pennsylvania sure is nice country !!!

Posted:  5 days, 18 hours ago

My 1st time

Just rolled thru zanesville Ohio pretty country out here snow on the ground roads are clear though never seen so many trucks parked on the side of the roads and interstate crazy will post more when I stop for the day!!!

Posted:  6 days, 6 hours ago

My 1st time

Shutting down in south Vienna Ohio it’s cold and I’m tired lol be heading outta here about 0500

Posted:  6 days, 12 hours ago

My 1st time

Thank you Anne I think it’s just a flu and this forum is great with you and all the people on here I wouldn’t be here with out all y’all I appreciate you will post more in awhile just finished a 30 minute break gotta head out

Rolling thru Greenville Illinois not feeling good today think I have the flu took some ibuprofen and headed out 0700 went thru St. Louis into Illinois real pretty out here about 200 miles from Indianapolis

Awh, snap.. you...sicK? NOOOO..

Dang, man. Sure hope you feel better soon. There's a 'mini flu' going around.....my son had it from Sat pm until.. just now; he just got up, and I fixed him breakfast...and he will get on his homeschooling.. (so I don't have to! haha!)

Seriously, wish you well good sir. Vitamin C, some juice? Nix the caffeine.. it's not that hard. I have.

This forum is such a 'renewed joy' with you in it.

Just IMHO~!!!

~ Anne ~

good-luck.gif sorry.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  6 days, 13 hours ago

My 1st time

Posted:  1 week ago

Auto Accident

You bet man got to your dmv and get thdd Ed print out thing to have

Thank you- i appreciate the good advice

If you were found not guilty go back and get an abstract of judgement go to dmv and have them take it off your record

Feb of 19, I was taking my daughter to school and was involved in a minor fender bender. The woman I had hit had made an illegal turn , however, told the police officer that she was coming from a completely different direction which made it my fault. I received a citation for careless driving. I fought and argued with the officer and my insurance company but to mo avail. I was found not guilty in court and my insurance company agreed not to raise my rates so I assumed that would be the end of it. Forward a year and a couple of months later. Coved hits and I’m laid off. I decide to look into getting my cdl and driving. Nope. The accident comes back to haunt me. The first few companies I try for paid cdl training denies me. Disappointed, I let it go and take a job here and there . Now, I really want to pursue this again but don’t know how to go about doing it. Thoughts and advice please. Thank you