Profile For Jammer a

Jammer a's Info

Rookie Solo Driver

4 years, 8 months ago

Jammer a's Bio

Rookie solo driver all around good guy love excessive sports and any car that goes fast

Jammer a's Photo Gallery

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU #1 LADIES WHO NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE HURT GET IN TROUBLE AND ALL THE MESSES US KIDS GET INTO !!! We love ya

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Where’s everyone at what’s you 20 how’s the weather??

Signal ca freezing my butt off it’s like 68 degrees brrrrr

Just south of Moab, Utah on US-191. 52 degrees and a light breeze. Heading to a pet food delivery in Flagstaff, AZ.

0248331001619355745.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Finally....... I have solod out with MAY

Great job congratulations dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-banana.gif

Its been a long road to get here, yall who know me know. Could have been shorter and not as painful had I listened more fully at times, but today I have passed all the requirements to solo out with MAY. I got to our Yolo, CA yard tommorrow to pick up my truck and bring a load back to our brooks oregon station.

My plan is to then take 3 days of solid home time with my family and to rest, wash clothes, restock and then head out to start running. I have alot of bills to catch up on, one thing at a time I am enjoying the victory today! Thank you to all who have followed, encouraged and rebuked me when needed.

I'm currently packing organizing as I ma moving out out of the truck I have slept in the last 4 nights and going to CA tommorrow. Thought I would put this on the general section. Havent hd a chance to keep up with my journal, mybad on that alot to do this last 2 weeks.

Thanks again yall, hopefully see some of yall out there, be safe drivers!

Moe

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Hole in the wall food places

Texas roses over in Wilmer texas. truck parking great food and very nice people

I normally post in my solo diary but decided to start a new thread?

What are some of your favorite hole in the wall spots to take a 30 and grab something to eat? I get tired of truck stop food and cooking my own stuff.

Took some extra time out on my way to the DC and stopped at “kings wings” in Bessemer Al. Plenty of parking for a truck and the food is great.

I ate the cheese steak sammich before I took a picture 🤦🏻‍♂️

0157134001619130322.jpg

0944978001619130349.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Lost consciousnesses went to hospital and cdl revoked after 3 days on 1st job

Get a second opinion ca sucks to many law suits so dr are very hesitant and lean to the side of error I’ve heard of this from my father in law who went thru something similar got a 2 nd opinion and is still driving truck for last 20 + yrs ironically he sued 1st dr who gave him an iffy heart examination

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer with some news

Thank you 2 I won’t be a stranger I just gotta help my kids as much as I can right now and get some money built up at the same time on a good note I’m being made a tool pusher so the money part is good!!

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer with some news

I want to start this off with thank y’all for all the help you’ve given me and made my experience driving a truck a success I’m back in the oil field working because my youngest daughter asked me to stop driving to be loved my journey thru this I’ve learned and been thru a lot out here on the road in 7 months I’ve done the lower 48 twice and some areas more than twice😀 I’m going n thru a divorce and I’m hopeful to work thru this with my family I was out here doin this for my family and it kinda backfired on me!! My wife called me and said my youngest is crying her self to sleep and wants me home more so I went back to my old job and I’m now home every night with a week off !! Mike b and Georgia mike and pack rat I owe you 3 everything I started at western express and learned how to drive and went to Frey Miller and I killed it !! All from what I learned from here and pack rat and mike b and Georgia mike helping me all the way thru this more to follow as I update safe travels and god bless you all jammer

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

I'm 52, a felon, and currently in a CDL training school

Thanks glad I could help!! They’re a great company that pays well as long as you are willing to run... making safe on time deliveries

Wanted to give a special thanks to Jammer. I've been talking with Frey Miller and things are looking fairly promising so far. Nothing definite, but very promising! 😁

Posted:  1 month ago

Got upgraded!

dancing.gif undefined dancing-dog.gif dancing-banana.gif

So, I finished up with my on-the-road trainer on Sunday. Got into a temporary truck on the yard and stayed in that while getting tested to go solo. Got MY truck on Tuesday, and officially soloed out yesterday. Got all of my stuff moved into my truck and am now waiting on a load to take home for a couple days of home time.

So, it's official...I've been upgraded to my own truck and am on my 90day starting probation.

Super excited!

dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing.gif dancing.gif dancing.gif

Posted:  1 month ago

Driving in windy conditions

I use an app called windy it works rather well

Yeah I use an app called myradar to check for storms and stuff. It has a feature to show winds, but it's difficult to use. And it doesn't show actual speeds or anything. I've been looking for an app that will show wind speeds and direction, but have been striking out so far.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Driver Off Duty wants to Personal Conveyance home

I agree with old school I made delivery lumpers ran my clock out dispatch said I’m empty and goin on home time p.c home I was 200 miles away I had no problems I just got dot inspected the other day no probs

Crystal, I am late to answer this and it is probably already resolved at this point, but I wanted to give you some information from the FMCSA website. There is a lot of confusion over this provision, but it really isn't that difficult. In the scenario you described, your driver is perfectly legal to go home under the PC provision.

Here is a quote from the FMCSA's site...

A driver may record time operating a CMV for personal conveyance (i.e., for personal use or reasons) as off-duty only when the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work by the motor carrier.

You made this comment in your description of what was going on...

He will be unloaded and not currently hauling anything for my company.

That comment certainly sounds like he is "relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work for you."

I apologize for missing this earlier, but hopefully the information will help you, and/or others, at a later date.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

I'm 52, a felon, and currently in a CDL training school

Over 8 yrs old and your still on parol ? You just get out ?? There’s companies that will give you a shot after you been out awhile Frey Miller has a program they do to help parolees integrate back into society with a trading to drive otr I here hope this helps

Hi everyone! I recently got into a cdl training school and have obtained my permit to begin the driving portion of the course. My question is, who may be the better companies that may be willing to give me a chance? My conviction is over 8 yrs old, although I do have a handful of months remaining on my parole. My PO is cool with the driving and he even encouraged me to get my cdl. I'm just not sure if there are many companies out there that would be willing to hire me considering the fact that I still have a few months of parole left.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Drug test/feel horrible.

Don’t worry about it your not the 1st that’s had a bad pee day

Got my work history approved for my preferred company for CDL school, Prime. Just got the call today to take both drug and and physical at the same time. Had until the 04/05/2021 to do it but went right away because I have nothing to hide. I was a bit dehydrated when I arrived. First thing on the check list when I got their was drug test. No biggie. I go to the restroom and do my "thing" but couldn't produce enough urine to reach the amount they wanted. I spent maybe another minute trying to see if I can supply more but I couldn't . When I give the urine to the lady, not only was it not enough, the temperature was too cold. (From me trying to provide more, so dumb now that I look back at it, I could of use the "shy bladder" law but didn't know that at the time) First thought is oh no.

So I had to take give another sample with direct observation, very uncomfortable but you have to do what you got to do. This time I drank way too much and my urine was diluted, with a very slight yellow to it. They are sending my sample that didn't have enough urine, and was under temperature, and my diluted samples to the lab. So four in total I believe. I feel like I messed up very badly and feel horrible right now.

I read that if the sample comes back dilute negative, I might be able to retake the test. I also have the first sample on my mind. Not enough and temp too low. So I don't know if that will affect anything. I screwed up so bad, I can't believe it. I was in such a rush to get the process going, and this is the result. Only thing I can do is wait to see what happens in the next day or two, 😥

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Lumpers are a pain....

Lol so I’ve been here mc clane foods since 5 pm in Danville my clothes clean ran out and 1 hour I get my clock back capstone is a joke

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Which Lane is the Proper Lane to Turn Into ?

Yeppers that’s how I was taught also in az

In Arizona, it is the law to turn into the inside/left lane. Left lane to left lane.

ARS 28-751.2.

Left turns. The driver of a vehicle intending to turn left shall approach the turn in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle. If practicable the driver shall make the left turn from the left of the center of the intersection and shall make the turn to the left lane immediately available for the driver's direction of traffic.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Which Lane is the Proper Lane to Turn Into ?

Left to left right to right

There is a discrepancy between my CDL School Instructor and the CDL Examiner. I wanted to get the opinion from the veteran truckers here. (My instructor is a 28 year trucking veteran) btw.

When making a left hand turn from a signaled single left turn lane on a 4 lane divided highway (2 lanes each direction). Which lane is the proper lane to turn into: 1. The inside lane? 2. The outside lane? Hopefully the description is clear. Thanks

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Lumpers are a pain....

Kapstone ate up 10 hrs yesterday in meleose park IL

Had a delivery to the Sysco in Lincoln NE on Monday after 3 store deliveries that took stupidity to a whole new level. I made it there at roughly 6:15am for a 8 am appt. No big deal I figure ill have to wait. I was told "you're just delivering 1 pallet of 17 cases we'll get you a door in a couple minutes". Hour and a half later around 750am I receive a call telling me what door to hit. After they lock me in and light turns red, then green I pull out. I am then to pull out of the door and wait for an additional text telling me what the lumper fee is. That text for the lumper fee took an additional 1:30. Within 5 minutes I had the comchek code written down (as they required rather than a physical check) and went inside. It was then an additional 30 minutes standing there waiting for them to verify the funds before allowing me to go.

Total time spent at Sysco was nearly 4 hours from the time I pulled in until I pulled out all for 17 cases (10 of one product, and 7 of another). Lumper fee was $25. The day ended up being 15.5 hours with only 420 miles. Heres the kicker : It WASNT Capstone doing the unloading shocked.png can we just be done with the covid rules so I can rip that tiny pallet off myself and get on with my day? Or better yet, do away with lumper fees!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Game: describe your first solo load experience

3hrs wait isn’t it bad deal with capstone and they’ll eat your entire 14

Today I had my first solo load, so I think I am eligible to participate in this game :-) After getting a truck in Conley, GA I was dispatched to Fairburn, GA and picked up a loaded trailer with paper products from Georgia Pacific. This part was easy, and people were super friendly. This load went to Food Lion in Greencastle, PA, which is about 700 mi. A funny thing - the same miles that I didn't even bother to count while driving with a trainer are much more important to me now when each one of them had a certain monetary value :-) Delivery was OK too, it was a live unload, but the area was huge, and there was enough room for a good setup. The bad thing was that I waited 3 hours for the green light, and left with only 50 minutes on my 14 clock. My greatest luck however was one (!) available spot at the rest area! I parked with 18 minutes left...

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Game: describe your first solo load experience

My 1st load was from Fontana ca to fife Washington had to move 4 trailers to get to mine moved 3 no prob last one I had to move I dropped landing gear and forgot to unhook glad hands lol thought I was gonna be fired I never got out of terminal🤣🤣 I posted on here everyone talked me down then I took off on my rout I went over cabbage on over to fife on to Sennett and chained up on my 1st load

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Tornadoes warning in Lincoln alabama

Already have keep him safe

I survived but felt like a roller coaster all night lol can’t even describe how it looked thanks Anne for the prayers crazy weather

Weather is getting it right now I’m shut down i20 truck stop in Lincoln Alabama rain and wind so hard couldn’t hardly see thunder lightning rain and wind all the way from Memphis to here Tupelo ms on to Alabama is getting nailed be safe watch out if traveling this way y’all takes slot to pucker me up but I definataly shut down there’s trucks parked all over this place lol I’ve never seen a twister really or stuck in ones path before lol

Wow, Jam. . . saying prayers for you, man. Spoke to some family in LA (Lousiana, not CA) ... and heard they were getting 'HAILED.' .. SHEESH!

Glad you got shut down. . . sleep well, stay safe. Stay 'tucked in' your spot; but then again, sounds like you are 'surrounded,' which amounts to good right now, methinks.

I'm sorry .. how scary! Ohio was 'Tornado Alley (Xenia anyways...)' before I moved here. . . I have no clue either.

~ Anne ~

sorry.gif embarrassed.gif sorry.gif

YW, man. Now we are getting it here in Ohio; say one for my hubby out driving in this today/tonight.

Glad you are okay!