Profile For Jammer a

Jammer a's Info

Rookie Solo Driver

4 years, 10 months ago

Jammer a's Bio

Rookie solo driver all around good guy love excessive sports and any car that goes fast

Jammer a's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Happy Father's Day, drivers....Thank you.

Thanks happy Father’s Day y’all

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Game: Guess the State

Goergia

0955764001623603927.jpg

Oregon?

Not Oregon. Other side of the country.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Game: Guess the State

Az

0847761001623262164.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Trainer kicked me off the truck tonight!

I agree 100 percent always pre trip your truck and always be looking at things when at shipper or receiver fueling can’t tell you how many times I found something wrong after my pre trip!

First, your trainer's pre-trip schedule: if he only PTI's on Sunday, he's wrong six days a week. Just like the HOS rules, the PTI is a requirement at least at the start of your shift.

Tires: if he couldn't believe it would hold air, why was he willing to trust that tire on the road?? If you're shingle load was heavy, call your on-road service before you head out. With light loads, I have driven a bit but still called in. In that case I'd plan where would be a good place for a 30 minute break then call the on-road people and tell them I'll stop there for the repair.

Posted:  2 months ago

It’s jammer y’all just checking in

Thanks o/s and always my friend 360 awareness

Hey Jammer!

It's great to hear from you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Keep your head on a swivel and stay safe out there on those oil rigs.

Posted:  2 months ago

It’s jammer y’all just checking in

Hope everyone is doin well and prosperous! Back in full swing out here on the rigs things goin real well little sore but back into good shape again lol I’ve got my kiddos with me most the time except when I’m on the oil rig miss talking with y’all be safe everyone

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU #1 LADIES WHO NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE HURT GET IN TROUBLE AND ALL THE MESSES US KIDS GET INTO !!! We love ya

Posted:  3 months ago

Where’s everyone at what’s you 20 how’s the weather??

Signal ca freezing my butt off it’s like 68 degrees brrrrr

Just south of Moab, Utah on US-191. 52 degrees and a light breeze. Heading to a pet food delivery in Flagstaff, AZ.

0248331001619355745.jpg

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Finally....... I have solod out with MAY

Great job congratulations dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-banana.gif

Its been a long road to get here, yall who know me know. Could have been shorter and not as painful had I listened more fully at times, but today I have passed all the requirements to solo out with MAY. I got to our Yolo, CA yard tommorrow to pick up my truck and bring a load back to our brooks oregon station.

My plan is to then take 3 days of solid home time with my family and to rest, wash clothes, restock and then head out to start running. I have alot of bills to catch up on, one thing at a time I am enjoying the victory today! Thank you to all who have followed, encouraged and rebuked me when needed.

I'm currently packing organizing as I ma moving out out of the truck I have slept in the last 4 nights and going to CA tommorrow. Thought I would put this on the general section. Havent hd a chance to keep up with my journal, mybad on that alot to do this last 2 weeks.

Thanks again yall, hopefully see some of yall out there, be safe drivers!

Moe

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Hole in the wall food places

Texas roses over in Wilmer texas. truck parking great food and very nice people

I normally post in my solo diary but decided to start a new thread?

What are some of your favorite hole in the wall spots to take a 30 and grab something to eat? I get tired of truck stop food and cooking my own stuff.

Took some extra time out on my way to the DC and stopped at “kings wings” in Bessemer Al. Plenty of parking for a truck and the food is great.

I ate the cheese steak sammich before I took a picture 🤦🏻‍♂️

0157134001619130322.jpg

0944978001619130349.jpg

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Lost consciousnesses went to hospital and cdl revoked after 3 days on 1st job

Get a second opinion ca sucks to many law suits so dr are very hesitant and lean to the side of error I’ve heard of this from my father in law who went thru something similar got a 2 nd opinion and is still driving truck for last 20 + yrs ironically he sued 1st dr who gave him an iffy heart examination

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer with some news

Thank you 2 I won’t be a stranger I just gotta help my kids as much as I can right now and get some money built up at the same time on a good note I’m being made a tool pusher so the money part is good!!

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Hey y’all it’s jammer with some news

I want to start this off with thank y’all for all the help you’ve given me and made my experience driving a truck a success I’m back in the oil field working because my youngest daughter asked me to stop driving to be loved my journey thru this I’ve learned and been thru a lot out here on the road in 7 months I’ve done the lower 48 twice and some areas more than twice😀 I’m going n thru a divorce and I’m hopeful to work thru this with my family I was out here doin this for my family and it kinda backfired on me!! My wife called me and said my youngest is crying her self to sleep and wants me home more so I went back to my old job and I’m now home every night with a week off !! Mike b and Georgia mike and pack rat I owe you 3 everything I started at western express and learned how to drive and went to Frey Miller and I killed it !! All from what I learned from here and pack rat and mike b and Georgia mike helping me all the way thru this more to follow as I update safe travels and god bless you all jammer

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

I'm 52, a felon, and currently in a CDL training school

Thanks glad I could help!! They’re a great company that pays well as long as you are willing to run... making safe on time deliveries

Wanted to give a special thanks to Jammer. I've been talking with Frey Miller and things are looking fairly promising so far. Nothing definite, but very promising! 😁

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Got upgraded!

dancing.gif undefined dancing-dog.gif dancing-banana.gif

So, I finished up with my on-the-road trainer on Sunday. Got into a temporary truck on the yard and stayed in that while getting tested to go solo. Got MY truck on Tuesday, and officially soloed out yesterday. Got all of my stuff moved into my truck and am now waiting on a load to take home for a couple days of home time.

So, it's official...I've been upgraded to my own truck and am on my 90day starting probation.

Super excited!

dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing.gif dancing.gif dancing.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Driving in windy conditions

I use an app called windy it works rather well

Yeah I use an app called myradar to check for storms and stuff. It has a feature to show winds, but it's difficult to use. And it doesn't show actual speeds or anything. I've been looking for an app that will show wind speeds and direction, but have been striking out so far.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Driver Off Duty wants to Personal Conveyance home

I agree with old school I made delivery lumpers ran my clock out dispatch said I’m empty and goin on home time p.c home I was 200 miles away I had no problems I just got dot inspected the other day no probs

Crystal, I am late to answer this and it is probably already resolved at this point, but I wanted to give you some information from the FMCSA website. There is a lot of confusion over this provision, but it really isn't that difficult. In the scenario you described, your driver is perfectly legal to go home under the PC provision.

Here is a quote from the FMCSA's site...

A driver may record time operating a CMV for personal conveyance (i.e., for personal use or reasons) as off-duty only when the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work by the motor carrier.

You made this comment in your description of what was going on...

He will be unloaded and not currently hauling anything for my company.

That comment certainly sounds like he is "relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work for you."

I apologize for missing this earlier, but hopefully the information will help you, and/or others, at a later date.

Posted:  3 months, 4 weeks ago

I'm 52, a felon, and currently in a CDL training school

Over 8 yrs old and your still on parol ? You just get out ?? There’s companies that will give you a shot after you been out awhile Frey Miller has a program they do to help parolees integrate back into society with a trading to drive otr I here hope this helps

Hi everyone! I recently got into a cdl training school and have obtained my permit to begin the driving portion of the course. My question is, who may be the better companies that may be willing to give me a chance? My conviction is over 8 yrs old, although I do have a handful of months remaining on my parole. My PO is cool with the driving and he even encouraged me to get my cdl. I'm just not sure if there are many companies out there that would be willing to hire me considering the fact that I still have a few months of parole left.

Posted:  4 months ago

Drug test/feel horrible.

Don’t worry about it your not the 1st that’s had a bad pee day

Got my work history approved for my preferred company for CDL school, Prime. Just got the call today to take both drug and and physical at the same time. Had until the 04/05/2021 to do it but went right away because I have nothing to hide. I was a bit dehydrated when I arrived. First thing on the check list when I got their was drug test. No biggie. I go to the restroom and do my "thing" but couldn't produce enough urine to reach the amount they wanted. I spent maybe another minute trying to see if I can supply more but I couldn't . When I give the urine to the lady, not only was it not enough, the temperature was too cold. (From me trying to provide more, so dumb now that I look back at it, I could of use the "shy bladder" law but didn't know that at the time) First thought is oh no.

So I had to take give another sample with direct observation, very uncomfortable but you have to do what you got to do. This time I drank way too much and my urine was diluted, with a very slight yellow to it. They are sending my sample that didn't have enough urine, and was under temperature, and my diluted samples to the lab. So four in total I believe. I feel like I messed up very badly and feel horrible right now.

I read that if the sample comes back dilute negative, I might be able to retake the test. I also have the first sample on my mind. Not enough and temp too low. So I don't know if that will affect anything. I screwed up so bad, I can't believe it. I was in such a rush to get the process going, and this is the result. Only thing I can do is wait to see what happens in the next day or two, 😥

Posted:  4 months ago

Lumpers are a pain....

Lol so I’ve been here mc clane foods since 5 pm in Danville my clothes clean ran out and 1 hour I get my clock back capstone is a joke