Comments By Renegade

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/drv_truck2.jpg avatar
  • Renegade
  • 5 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

What should I expect from my trainer for the next 6 weeks?

Should I expect my trainer to be grouchy, impatient, or negative in any way? I just want a trainer that has confidence in me and knows that how he trains me to drive and operate is exactly how I'm going to do it the rest of my driving career.

I am now a member of the club

Thanks guys...I appreciate it. Feels good now that the pressure is off. Just a heads up, KLLM had a fantastic driving academy and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get their CDL. I got mine in 18 days.

I am now a member of the club

I passed my test and I'm now a member of the club. Thank you Trucking Truth, the moderators, and everyone who gave me confidence and encouragement through this whole process.

TESTING OUT IN THE MORNING

I test out at 9:30 in the morning. Prayers are much appreciated because I want and need this.

First Day Of School

Everything we went over today is in the High Road CDL material.

First Day Of School

This first day has revealed a lot of things to me just by listening and watching. 1. There are complainers 2. There are lazy people 3. Half the people wont make it 4. There are know it alls 5. People that talk more than they listen...etc. This dude next to me is driving me crazy. I'm just gonna keep my head down and nose in the books. KLLM doesn't do a hair follicle anymore by the way.

Background Worries

I recently graduated and obtained my CDL. Not bragging but was top of my class for what it's worth. That said, I have an issue in my background pertaining to an overzealous WM associate and a self checkout that failed to scan a pack of $7.69 chicken and ended up getting me a shoplifting charge on my background. I'm worried this will affect me getting a good driving job on top of being very embarrassing. Anyone else have a small misdemeanor but had success? My MVR and everything else is fine. I'm sure I will be a good driver. Just worried about this haunting me forever. Thanks for any advise. Quite depressed at this point.

If it's a misdemeanor you shouldn't have much to worry about. Felonies are usually what causes the most trouble. However, a felony doesn't necessarily disqualify you from getting a job either. It depends on the charge, how long ago it was, and what the company determines as being a risk for pre-hire. If you're that worried about it, you should research second chance companies and apply to as many as possible. Good luck

Starting School Next Monday

Well guys and gals the wait is over. Next Monday myself and another Trucking Truth member will begin our school and training together at KLLM's driving academy. I became a member of this site over 7 months ago and in that time I have learned a lot about this industry and what it takes to be successful and safe at the same time. Thank you for all the help, answers, and resources that you have provided to me and I look forward to keeping you all updated on my progress as we add a couple of KLLM graduates to the Trucking Truth page.

Prime trucks

I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing Joshua and have wondered if it was just different divisions as well.

What is your day to day attire when trucking?

sorry.gif

It was a joke Old School. I love this site because there always a little extra conversation and not a bunch of moaning and groaning.

What is your day to day attire when trucking?

Topic? We don't need no stinkin topic. -Rainy D-

What is your day to day attire when trucking?

I know Averitt is big on uniforms but what other companies require them?

What is your day to day attire when trucking?

I like the idea of a t-shirt, jeans, and some tennis shoes.

What is your day to day attire when trucking?

What kind of clothes do you wear everyday while on the road? Company uniform, jeans & t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes, pajamas, etc...?

What's your opinion on super singles?

Man...that just seems too risky.

What's your opinion on super singles?

Here lately as I'm pulling up next to tractors I find myself doing pre-trips in my head, and one thing that I've been seeing on a few tractors have been super singles (mostly on Internationals). What if you lose that tire going down the road at 65-70 mph with a heavy load? It seems dangerous to me but I'm still learning.

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

Renegade laffs:

Tell us more about those "Adult" stores Errol. LMAO

I just see them from the freeway, that's all. But I figure if you really need a place to stop that's better than an off ramp, ...

You crack me up Errol.

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

About the only problem is with places that wont list with them. Some reservation stops, casinos aren't on there. (Not a gambler, but many have truck parking)

Those "Adult" stores often have plenty of 24 hour parking, too. If your trailer doesn't have your own name on the side, who's to know?

smile.gif

Tell us more about those "Adult" stores Errol. LMAO

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

As an example of local and major chain. At the junction of IN-63 and I-74 there is a pilot. The thing is jam packed nearly 24hrs a day. Come evening the creative parking is absolutely ridiculous. Not 15 mins south on IN-63 there is a litttle locally owned truck stop called the Falcon Mart. It has a Burger King attached and a Dollar General next door. There is between 20-30 spots there (dependent on how tight people park). I have stopped there at about any hour and there is always a spot or two left at a minimum. It is one of my favorite spots to stop. Worse case scenario at it is full there is an old closed down restaurant that used to cater to truckers another 10 minutes down the road. The lot around the restaurant is huge. Granted it is a dirt lot. But you can fit a LOT of trucks around it. It ALWAYS has room to park a truck. People just kinda park wherever there. But if people actually parked in rows you could easily fit 50 trucks in there.

There are many locally owned gems out there and convenient hides holes. You just have to take a chance and try em.

Yeah...I'm seeing that. I've also noticed that the stops inside the big cities seem to fill up faster and always stay full. Given the opportunity, I think I'd rather park somewhere 20-30 minutes down the road from the big cities.

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

I love this app. A few drivers have stated that there are some stops that aren't as big as the majors but are just as good or better. I'm starting to see them on here and most have pretty good reviews. Most don't have as much parking but they are showing lots or some spots on a regular basis.