Comments By Renegade

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/drv_truck2.jpg avatar
  • Renegade
  • Comments:

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

I look at this app all the time and it seems like the pilots tend to get the worst reviews. Why is that? Could it be because of the aging store or because the stores are so big that they're tough to maintain?

It seems to me that Pilots tend to be older, smaller, and much more cramped. They're typically the dirtiest out of the majors as well. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule (the Pilot in Hurricane Mills TN comes to mind), but that seems to be my experience. I typically avoid Pilots.

How about the Flying J's and the Loves?

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

KLLM

"Your thought was echoed?" You need to read your CDL manual one more time buddy because that thought is echoed among every safe and responsible driver including the DOT. The crucial point YOU'RE missing Danielsahn is that if you rely on someone else to determine whether your truck is safe and legal to operate, then you've got a lot of future tickets waiting on you out there pal. I'm no expert in trucking but what I have learned listening to the experts and reading the CDL material is that the most important part of being a truck driver is being safe. Nobody was jumping on Steven about it and nobody is jumping on you either, but you can't exactly point fingers at the company and say that they're the reason why you're driving an unsafe truck if you didn't take time to do a proper pre-trip inspection. See what DOT's response is when you say "well my company said it was safe to drive".

Trucker Path app and truck stop reviews

How often do you use your trucker path app and how reliable are the reviews? I know everybody has a different opinion about cleanliness and restaurants, but what about the parking situations?

KLLM

What I'm curious about Danielsahn is who jumped down his throat? Rainy asked a simple and reasonable question pertaining to the driver willing and knowingly leaving a yard with an illegal truck. All I did was agree and point out what the CDL manual states and that is the pre-trip inspection and operation of the vehicle is 100% the drivers responsibility. And yes, every item on the pre-trip can be visually identified as being faulty, that's why they call it a pre-trip inspection.

KLLM

My question is why did you move the illegal truck? I would have been sitting right there at that yard until fixed properly.

Agreed...if a proper pre-trip inspection was done the said items would have been fixed before leaving the yard. The only person responsible for the operation of an illegal truck is the driver.

How shady is the industry really? (Multiple logbooks and unplugging GPS trackers?)

Hey...best of luck to you Ryan. I hope everything works out for you. Safe travels.

Where's Tractor Man?

The thought of Rainy and TractorMan gleefully prancing through a meadow, "running away", is too much to bear.

That's good stuff.

Ryan you are wasting an incredible amount of your time on this sycophantic relationship you have with bad research. Your becoming a pathetic dog. Give it up man.

Saddle up and ride!

Put your hard hat on and get to work.

You're not learning a damn thing from your living room. You need to get out here and find out whether this career is going to kick you in the cajones or whether you have what it takes.

I can't believe I ate my last bag of popcorn before this clown made another useless and negative post. You said exactly what I would have said Old School. Hats off brother....

Where's Tractor Man?

That's good news. I just don't see him on here as much as he used to be. I thought Rainy might have run him off. LOL

OMG!!! I get blamed for everything around here!

I hope you are coming to prime so I can punish you and throw you in my dungeon.

BTW.,. I walked through Prime today and someone shouted "Hey! Vampire lady...don't lock me up". Smh. I don't even know who it was.

rofl-3.gif

Nah Rainy...I'm not going to Prime but I'm sure we'll see each other at a truck stop one day.

Where's Tractor Man?

I'm here. Training has been pretty intense. On my 3rd day Solo. I posted an update several days ago. It may be on pg 2 or 3 by now.

I bet all that city driving is pretty intense too. Tight parking spots and crazy four wheelers probably increase the stress levels.

Where's Tractor Man?

Pam or Jim Palmer Trucking

Pam hires out of all 48 states.

Our timing on this is almost spot on. Thanks for the correction. :)

thank-you.gif

10-4

Where's Tractor Man?

I know he's a Coke dealer now but has anybody heard from the guy? I mean...I've been told Coke can change your life so I've stayed away from the stuff but I didn't know that a shiny red truck could make that much of a difference. If you're out there...we miss your humor.

Pam or Jim Palmer Trucking

I live in florida

Ok, I would recommend Jim Palmer because they hire out of all 48 states however, I don't think PAM hires out of Florida. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this. What part of Florida are you in?

Pam hires out of all 48 states.

Pam or Jim Palmer Trucking

Both are good companies. The most important question you have to ask is what kind of freight do you want to pull? Pam only has dry van and intermodal but Jim Palmer has dry van, reefer, and flat bed. There are a lot of things to consider before choosing a company but both are good companies.

Dispatch going down the pooper...

So...I have been having a BIG issue with my dispatcher. In the beginning everything was great but he has become absolutely horrible.

My first week solo, I got almost 3,000 miles and the following weeks were also pretty good as long as I continued to allow myself to be bullied.

To start I was willing to take whatever load, whatever time and go anywhere like so many suckers out there. I did my best to always be on time and avoid accidents/other safety issues.

As time went on, I discovered the reality of trucking, I am the most important piece and the rest of the company should revolve around me.

I decided that I should only take loads under 25,000 lbs, even though the company pays for fuel, it affects my bonus so I told dispatch said decision. I really think it is best for my health to run a tight schedule, get up around 8am and need to shutdown by around 4pm, I need my relax time to joke around with other drivers at truck stops, catch my favorite prime time television and get a nice hot hour long shower every day, especially being out here over the road.  Since my hours available to drive are such, I also let dispatch know to only set me up with loads that deliver between 11am and  2pm so I have time to either get to appt from truckstop or back to truckstop afterwards within this huge window I have allotted. Another minor change I made was to not drive at night anymore, if cars don't, why should I? I also decided it best that I don't drive north of 70(too cold), south of 40 (too hot), east of 65 or west of 25 (too many mountains both ways)

My dispatcher has refused to follow all my rules on a consistent basis, which has made me late for a few appointments and tried to give me loads outside my preferred driving area which I was forced to turn down.

I don't know what my dispatcher's problem is, but my weekly miles have steadily decreased to less than 1000. He has turned into a huge gasbag and tries to blame it on me. He seems to think I could be more "flexible," what does that even mean??? I am out here busting my tail up to 8 hours a day, yet this is my fault....I think this guy has lost his marbles.

Note...I have also had a few minor backing accidents but they were not my fault. The owners of other vehicles should not have been parked where they were.

I'm not allowed to say his name because it may rustle his jimmies, but that sounds exactly like someone who commented on a couple posts last week.

What is my punishment?

After reading everything Brett has said on this post, when they ask me if I want to be L/O, I'm going to ask them to go over the program with me one more time. Then when they've covered all the advantages of being a L/O, I'm going to ask them to go over it again, and again, and again, until they finally leave me alone and put me on a company truck.

Very few companies push it. Prime does not. If they push it, push back.

Daniel...I didn't mean to imply that they do. The company I'm going to work for has a majority of L/Os in it's fleet and a small portion of company drivers. I just don't feel that the L/O situation is the best fit for me considering my ultimate goal is to be a FedEx Freight driver doing a hub pull. I hope everything works out for you brother and you continue a long and safe driving career. Many blessings.

What is my punishment?

What are some places you want to visit

I hope my trucking career takes me to St George Utah...permanently.