Comments By Reaper

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/Bristol-Hauler.jpg avatar
  • Reaper
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Struggling Making Delivery Times And Getting Sleep....

Hey everyone. How do I tell my dispatcher I'm struggling with getting every load so far solo being either time crunch or having no choice to run my entire 11 hour clock every single shift? I am getting to the point where I'm struggling to stay awake since every shift is night shift.

Today and yesterday, I've been awake over all roughly 23 hours as of writing this post (0547 on 6/14).

I don't mind running 3000 miles (first week results) but every shift is night shift and I'm running my full clock out....

This is getting tiring very quick... I'm lucky I have my fiance with me. She kept me awake till the 90.

FIRST LOAD!!

Lol so sorry about the long delay. Been a busy 3000 mile week for my first week. Gonna need a 34 tomorrow. Yes i communicated only on qc. Only exception was when road assist needed further explanation of a trailer issue so i explained myself better. I handled everything promptly and professionally. Im getting impossible loads for the first two then this third one is nice and normal.

To answer the question about if it was a walmart dc no it was a warehouse complex for frozen foods.

FIRST LOAD!!

Then to top it off got pulled into weigh stations 5 times ans every one was backed up with trucks.

FIRST LOAD!!

Just finished my first load from Springfield, Missouri to Winter Haven, Florida

First shift was a dream everything went amazing.

Second shift was a nightmare...

Car fire so all traffic lanes blocked on an overpass just before Atlanta.

Gridlock parking lot traffic just after Atlanta.

Severe rain to the point where i could barely see the road in front of me. Crawled with flasher on at 35-45.

Multiple accidents littered the highway.

Hit every red light ever made on the entire way after getting off interstate.

Flooding on streets on way to truck stop to park for night because of all of above made me run out of hours.

Ended with pulling into the truck stop with 7 minutes left on clock....

I went from being on track and was about to take my 10 hour at the 90 so i could be early, instead ran 2 hours late....

I got my truck!

Thanks everyone! Shes a 2016 cascadia sky blue! Manual transmission, 201k miles already on her. Her name is susanne. I live MY truck. That feels so good to say MY truck.

I got my truck!

Finally, i passed upgrade, got my truck, and got half the items i need so far on the upgrade list. Im so proud and happy! 2016 freightliner, manual, 201k miles on her. I call her susanne. Shes a beautiful sky blue. Im going to get dispatched tuesday morning.

Question for our prime-ates here

I wonder if there was a way the trucks couls keep their intended torque and horsepower, but still have their speed cap. That would be convienent for climbing mountains.

Memorial Day

Thank you to all servicemen and women, retired, passed on, and active duty for everything theyve done so i can post this comment. Every single one of you havr made it possible for us to have our lives and the chance to maximize our potential.

Wish there was a saluting smiley i could put here.

A question that my trainer posed to me

Thanks i just got 3 days left and 1 day is unloading my stuff, and another day is driving back to terminal, and tomorrow is waiting for teusday to get unloaded.

Question for our prime-ates here

Thats good, im really glad.

Question for our prime-ates here

Thats very true. I just hope he underatands after 3 months straight training. Id like my first or second load to go to my home town to see my family.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Ways to Keep Expenses Down on the Road?

Get a crockpot. You can do cheap meals in that while you drive. Slow cook beans, steam veggies, stews, whatever really.

Rookie in training

If you're a musician, try thinking the drums. Helped me out. Its like keeping rhythm to a song you like. Left right left for down shifting. Left and move, left and move for upshifting. Upshifting is like punching someone you don't like. Gotta move your feet to get closer, and gotta move your arm to throw that punch.

Also handy tip never forget the splitter. Transmissions don't like shifting from 5th to 1st.

Mountainside truck turnouts?

I ride the jake all the way down the grade. Using brakes as needed. Never once have i ever felt i was out of control. Just gotta be smart and stay within your limits. And in cases like the rockies and other steep mountains, be WELL within your boundaries just in case.

Question for our prime-ates here

LMAO thats great and thanks for the great answers. I hope eith my dispatcher 750-850 is attainable fairly easily

A question that my trainer posed to me

Idk i thik hes trying to get me to think ot something. I tried answering to break out a map book, follow detour signs, reroute the gps. Etc and he just shook his head and said well i guess we just pull over and cry.

I am thinking maybe he is just being a jerk lol.

A question that my trainer posed to me

So a question was asked and my trainer refuses to answer the question so I'll never learn.... if my exit is closed to transfer from one highway to another or just in general. What do i do?

Question for our prime-ates here

Ill be upgrading june 1st. Im hired at 41 cents a mile. Is 700-800 a week take home a reasonable expectation for reefer division in my first year? I just wanna know where my budgeting should focus on depending on income.

Rough last week up ahead...

How do you like swift g town? When the recruitor talked to me originally they wanted me to be hired at .33 cents a mile eith an average mileage of 2200 miles. Prime was a different story they painted for me.

Rough last week up ahead...

Lol umm phrasing? Lol and im definitely the bigger person. Yessir no sir. Then complain to my fiancee to vent then here for advice lol. I havent hit anything yet.

*Knocks on the shattered pallets in back of trailer*

Im proud of out of my entire training. Ive missed 2 turns for highway off ramps and just missed the reciever today because they only have a little banner on their building behind construction. Other than those ive been right on route especially when exits and detours seem to love me.