Comments By Reaper

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/Bristol-Hauler.jpg avatar
  • Reaper
  • Comments:

Game: If you are just finishing training..

Yes master obi wan. We shall wait. Lol

Rough last week up ahead...

Soo..... i no longer am succeeding at making my trainer happy at all anymore. Everytime i seem to take one step forward i seem to just take three jumps back. This all stems from one main culprit. He is quitting dip tobacco cold turkey my last week on the truck.

Yesterday for example. The apu kept dying off on us. So it got hot in the truck. Yesterday in troutdale washington it got to 101 degrees all day. I slept in the top bunk and tossed and turned and got horrid sleep all day. Maybe 2 hour chunks of bad sleep in one go before i had to wake from the heat.

So with this on and off sleep, he's out enjoying his 34 reset no worries. I dont care im alone with the peace and quiet, no worries. I wake up and im exhausted from the crappy sleep. I got a 170 mile drive to the first receiver then another 18 mile drive to the 90. No problem easy enough.

I go in and grab a cup of coffee splash cold water on my face to try to wake myself up. It sorta works. Definitely enough to safely get to our destination.

I walk up to him and he's flirting with the bartender there. I tell him hey i'm grabbing coffee and i'm all good in here. He tells me another half up to an hour.

At this point i'm thinking. Ok, i'm tired a little and he has told me as a driver we grab sleep whenever and wherever. So i text him if he minded if i took a nap. That royally ****ed him off to the point of him saying "fff- it i'll drive the darn (rn=m) miles. I sent no no it's ok i can drive i'm just trying to get sleep because of the bad quality i got earlier.

This led to a whole fiasco of how he said reading that text told him that i was unfit as a driver and if i needed more than 15 hours (if unbroken and was from off duty to on duty. This wasn't the case anywhere near that) then i could just sit in the bunk the whole time and he'll drop me off at sprimo and sign the papers saying i need a new trainer and a new dispatcher because i'll be unfit for that board. I'm sitting there like seriously? Wtf.... if that were to happen there goes the bus ticket for my fiancee and all my hard work and effort blows up in my face.

In the end i feel like utter feces and driving my miles while he sleeps happily in the bunk. He's been a grouch ever since 3 days ago.... is it wednesday the 30th yet?

Game: If you are just finishing training..

Well this game died faster than my sanity during the end of night shift lol

Game: If you are just finishing training..

1) get up an hour before your shift anx stay awake after your shift. If your trainer is driving immediantly. Use this time to ask questions, look at the map book to remember your route. Also google maps satelite view is an amazing friend for seeing hoe to get in and out of a shipper reciever. I swear by it.

2) hardest part is towards the end for me. Thats where you are good enough that your trainer considers you to know everything. But it also is when your new enough that you still second guess stuff. Its also when ypu and your trainer will get on each others nerves quite often. Also, night shift. That sucks horribly as well.

3) i unfortunetely have no sights because ive been assigned nightshift the entire time. However. The worth it times for me is going up and down mountains (the challenge and the rush) as well as meeting all types of people, and tasting the food from the different regions.

Logbook Rules: How Would You Make Them Better?

How would i make log books better.

*ripping sounds, smashing computer sounds*

Whats a log book?

I need clarification.. i wanna know

The main point of it was i didnt care lol. I was gonna do what i needed to do one way or another. Especially with my coffee. Dont mess with me and coffee. We have a very close relationship lol.

I need clarification.. i wanna know

So update. He did park to swap in a dirt lot. Way behind a flying j to scare me. But it didnt phase me at all. Mainly for 3 reasons.

1) i had to use the rest room and after i got rolling i was gonna stop to use it.

2) his gps was left on welcome to flying j

3) trash cans in front of us were flying j trash cans.

I need clarification.. i wanna know

Yeah plus worst case scenerio ill just have to stop extra for a bathroom or something. Honestly this last week is extra time i agreed to anyways so as others have said i gotta power through it.

I need clarification.. i wanna know

You will sleep when you need. Just message dispatch after you get to receiver "I need extra sleep tonight. Make me unavailable until x o clock". In writing. In the QC. Problem solved.

Stop stressing. Lol you'll do great!

And when u going to Sprimo for upgrade???

May 31st is when hes dropping me off but it aint soon enough. Had a bit of a one way fight today. He woke up just irritable at me because i did what he asked.

Before he went to sleep he said run my clock tonight as far as i could. So i did. I ended up having to stop at a kum and go with 45 left on my clock. He saw where we were and just ripped me a new one.

He said there was a pilot 20 miles behind us. Now im going to have to go all day with out eating. Tonight were swapping in a dirt lot to see how you feel like it and you wont eat all day.

I explained after i was doing as asked to run as much of my clock as i could with out stopping on an exit ramp to swap. He just childishly mimicked me and jumped off the truck slamming the door and stormed in.

Sooo..... that was a great end to a shift. Apparently im supposed to run my full clock, but if theres a truck stop, leave any time 1 1/2+ hours if nessicary to swap? How is that running my clock?

I need clarification.. i wanna know

Hey everyone. I wanna get some clarification on a couple things please.

1) my trainer says that when i go solo i better be ready for never getting any sleep and working through it. I knew id mever get a full 8 hours straight all the time. But during psd when we were doing solo runs we got our 10 hour breaks and it was fun and wasnt bad at all. Team driving just seems so stressful and intense. Is this true that psd was a fluke and im never ever getting sleep while working? This doesnt seem legal.

2) when i go solo its better to drive my full 10-11 every shift full speed and just get the freight there instead of spreading my hours out to not need a reset. Psd this didnt happen.

So i got a couple questions about freight lanes

Aweaome thanks guys. Im glad i dont have to worry about getting sent somewhere and getting stuck there. Happened once when a shipper had a massive issue at their packing plant and we sat for 30 hours.

So i got a couple questions about freight lanes

Do freight lanes vary from company to company? Do the mega corps even have freight lanes? (Like prime) is there a difference between freight lanes and areas that are known to have a lot of freight? How would one obtain this knowledge?

I only ask because when i upgrade i wanna be able to say ok im heading to point B and freight sucks from there so i better stock up extra on food. Or if freight is really good i can make do with current supplies and resupply later. Also if im heading to an area with horrid loads coming out then maybe i can catch that movie ive been wanting to see.

Which truck would you like to have?

Id have a kenworth w900 icon with super sleeper (biggest they make from factory) chicken lights everywhere, train horns, nice plush leather interior, and have it be a manual transmission. Oh and also replace the headlights with the classic round lights but they must be high powered leds.

TNT Question

I like that twelve idea. I was considering being a psd trainer or in house trainer in thw long run. Help ease people into the lifestyle.

Fears on the Road

Im just a rookie but i fear three things.

1) rollover from sudden gusts of wind

2) someone tries insurance fraud accident

3) mountain driving and suddenly snow and ice and i cant shutdown.

TNT Question

Thanks guys things are going a bit more tolerable now so i think im just gonna tough it out now. After all i only have like 3 weeks left and they arent even true full weeks (need to swap my license over so thats one day, then i gotta go get a dot physical done so thats another day, and the last week isnt a full week sinve he is going on hometime on june 1st so thats not all that bad anyways)

TNT Question

I apologise if it seemed to be arguing g-town. I wasnt trying to appear like that. I only wanted to make thinga clearer into what im trying to say. I apologize for the misunderstanding and the miscommunication.

And thank you old school for that. I know im going to miss having the knowledge bank sleeping a few feet away from me, but then again, he also gave me his phone number incase i ever need help on the road later on as well. I also have his friends number. His friend is an owner op for prime for 25 years.

TNT Question

No i understand night driving will happen in trucking. I accept that. But i feel like ive been banished from the light until i upgrade. (Effectively thats what he told me) I havr no issues with doing night shift, just having to do it 2 months no stopping to get even one day shift break gets a bit tiresome.

TNT Question

Yeah i asked him if i was getting on his nerves, he said i wasnt and he would let me know. And the thrill of trucking was for me able to see the sights, discover new places, and enjoy myself out there. Right now zince week 2 of tnt (its been 6 weeks out so far) ive been nonstop night shift only. My mentality went from enjoying the sights and relaxing (not too much but enough that it doesnt take a crowbar to pry me off the wheel from being uptight), all the way to counting down how many minutes till i stop for another cup of joe. I enjoyed night shift at first and honestly i think id enjoy it more if i wasnt stuck looking out into black and i had scenery to look at. Even if it was the same state and the same area, better than black.

TNT Question

Is it normal for tnt to suck the spirit of trucking out of you? I feel like im just constantly nonstop getting on my trainers nerves. Im tryig my hardest nd everything. Sighs i know he means well, and i know hes a decent guy, i wonder if me getting him agrivated so much if im really cut out for trucking sometimes... now i know why they say tnt will take people chew them uo and spit them out if not careful....

I guess what im asking is will things be better when im on my own?