Profile For Victor C. II

Victor C. II's Info

Near Winchester, VA

Rookie Solo Driver

Victor C. II On The Web

3 years, 10 months ago

Victor C. II's Bio

Hi I am Victor Canfield II, I am getting ready to go into the trucking industry! I have worked previously at 4 farms 2 of which were dairy, one that was a apple orchard farm and one that was just a plain hay farm. Loved working at all of them. Then I went to work where I am currently working until I am out of CDL school. I really started to fall in love with big trucks when I was eight to ten years old when the first few times that I got to ride in I think either a Freightliner or Volvo Semi with my Uncle Bob who I got to go on a few rides with him on a few loads while I lived out in Colorado. I have never lost my love for trucks and equipment from that time on. I now have my CDL license as of 3/02/2017. I will then most likely to start my trucking career at Swift Transportation where I hope to do flatbed and specialized freight! I am definitely a family oriented guy here. I also like a good quality of life with good family quality time. I can't wait to begin this new adventure, because it is not just a job its a life style and a fun one at that!

Victor C. II's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 5

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Update and is this coronavirus going to shut truckers down too?

So I found that I had a hard time with flatbed though I enjoyed it. I had a couple people that when I would mention a doc appointment it would at least seem that they would ignore it a d then blame me for that when it was on the Qaulcomm and texts. I did ask for more training in flatbed cause I was really and would still really struggle with doing my tarping and securing correctly. Course they never knew that I was struggling because I would always take me off duty after 15-20 minutes of on duty at the shippers and/or recievers. I since then am working on getting into the Northeast Dry van sector or at least doing dry van until I can figure out a good flatbed training company or go flatbed again and do MORE training. I could have used 240 hours of training lol.

Also this coronavirus, are we going to be getting shut down or told go home?

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

An amazing brithday! Had a small bump in the road at the end of the day but all turned out good!

Thank you steve! I sure will. I think that this truck would sound much nicer with no muffler. Just saying a detroit sounds REALLY good.

Happy belated Birthday!!!

Keep that Faith! When “the world” says you can’t, It’ll tell you that YOU CAN!

Enjoy the blessings each day brings. 👍😎

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Is there a top 5 or top 10 list of the best trucking companies “to start” with?

Old School thats exactly what I am learning like you have said a million times. For me I love to talk and a couple shippers/carriers have said that llol. I struggle with leaving family and I am slowly but surely getting to the place where i can maybe stay out 3-4 weeks at a time. I LIVE AND LOVE FAMILY! I made my first check of almost $700 with Western. It felt nice.

Nick, trucking is very much a completely misunderstood career. Many people attempt it while only a small percentage of those aspiring to be road warriors ever make it. A major component of the confusion about trucking is this idea that there are certain companies out there that would be the best ones to start/work with.

The whole concept of success at trucking begins and ends with the individual. Drivers create their own fate. I started my career at Western Express, a trucking company well known for giving people their first shot at trucking, but also having terrible online reviews. We have to ask ourselves, "Who writes those reviews?" If we're honest with ourselves the answer has to be, "The greenhorn rookies who don't really know anything about trucking." That's right, how can we trust those reviews? They are penned by people who failed. They are produced by people who don't have the slightest understanding about the trucking career.

Making the transition into trucking is challenging on so many levels. One of those is getting accustomed to the concepts of "performance based pay." In trucking you get paid for how much you can accomplish. There's way more to this than just being able to drive long hours. Being able to accomplish way more than your peers is what sets you at the top of the food chain in trucking. It puts you at the top of the pay scale, and elevates your satisfaction with the career to a level unknown by most of those who just slog it out continually hoping it will get better when they find "the right company."

I hear my dispatcher asking me questions like these all the time...

"How did you manage to get unloaded at that customer after hours?"

"How did you get that customer to unload you in the middle of the night when they tell us the receiving cut-off is at 1500?"

"How do you always have the phone numbers of critical contacts at these customers when our other drivers can't seem to make any connections with them?"

"Can you explain to me how you managed to get that customer to move your appointment time forward? None of our other drivers can seem to do that."

There's a lot of important little nuances and details to this job that most people overlook. Properly executing the details is what makes the difference out here. Being a top performer takes a lot more than driving skills and know how. People skills are generally what's lacking in most truck drivers. Knowing how to effectively communicate puts a driver way ahead of the game.

None of this is given to you by any top 10 company. In fact, the name on your truck doors has nothing to do with your success at this. I was extremely successful at Western Express, and was one of the two people out of my orientation group of 50 plus drivers who actually went on to a successful trucking career. These days I work for Knight Transportation, yet I still see new drivers come and go here on a regular basis. They tell me they are leaving because they can't make any money working for this company. They say that to me! I'm earning twice the average truck driver's pay while working here.

Trucking is competitive. People simply don't get that. You have got to put up some impressive numbers if you want impressive rewards. The real question a newbie like yourself has to be asking is, "How can I perform this job in such a way that I am part of the top 10 percent or maybe even the top five percent of drivers?" Once you discover the answer to that question, you are well on your way to success as a road warrior.

What It Takes To Be A Top Tier Driver

One Out Of Five Drivers Does A Great Job

Are Major Carriers Nothing More Than Starter Companies?

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Is there a top 5 or top 10 list of the best trucking companies “to start” with?

Amen brother Amen! Nick you should shoot for a company that will give you grace to royally mess up and still let you work for them. You are going to mess up, it happenes to the best of us and many times it can or will hurt your chances of getting in to another company but if you go with these Royal purple rob trucking companies that pay real good, they want you to drive real good; and I am confident that you can do that but those types of companies are less likely to give you mercy. If you want flatbed experience Melton, Boyd bros, Western Express, Swift Transportation, McElroy Truck lines, Maverick Transportation are good starts. Van companies= Werner Transportation, Swift Transportation, Maverick Transportation, and some others too. When you get into one, never forget to watch your mirrors, take your time, and GOAL a ton. Forget about the impatient people and you focus your career towards safe miles on top of safe miles and if you mess up, you can come back here and come to us for advice and help and support. We are here for you. There is no place out there for a truck driver like TruckingTruth.com! Hope to see you become a successful truck driver and celebrate with you brother Nick! God bless you my man and safe miles to you!

Hello, again, Nick. It sounds like you have a spanking new California CDL license! Great!

Don't worry about any "top five" newbie companies. You can go through our list of Trucking Company Reviews. And check these links out:

If you Apply For Truck Driving Jobs on this link, you'll get plenty of job offers. Good luck!!

Flatbed Variety

Wow, id better be making good money I would think to myself if I was going to be doing oversize as a owner op if I was.

Something else to keep in mind when working with over dimensional freight. In the case of width, you have two different measurements. First is the width of the item going on the trailer. In the case of that excavator, it's 10'6" wide. If you're not paying attention when you load it and it isn't square on the trailer, your friendly neighborhood DOT officer will measure the widest points because that's how wide you really are. It's very easy to make an item wider than originally measured by not getting it square on the trailer. You also never order permits for the width of the item. Always order a few inches wider to give some wiggle room, unless it might throw you into a different category of routing, escort requirements etc. Then you make sure you get it right. In the case of this excavator, it measures 12" of overhang on each corner. I got lucky and set it right the first time.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Speedy Securement, Unsecurement and Organization!

Yall are jolley rich in information! LOVE it! Thanks. Keep er' coming. For others too.

do more work with less steps.

That's it.

Find ways to eliminate steps. As you become more familiar with different scenarios and customers, begin planning ahead to know what gear you'll need to have ready. It's just all about repetition.

Get yourself a pole for setting those edge protectors. It'll make your life a lot easier and safer. 2 pieces of PVC, a coupling and a T will set you up on the cheap. I have a little different set up with a cheap extendable paint pole and roller I rigged up. Total cost like $10.

Don't let your desire for speed override the need for safety though. Speed will come on its own.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much Big T! I really do appreciate it and your advice and Rob T's advice is sinking in. I am learning that God is breaking me of my own will and making and molding me into his will and many times it is frustrating. This short start to possibly bigger possibities is my biggest endeavor I many times get discouraged and home sick which is something I must break myself of with God helping because I wont be able to come running home during school or serving in the military

Happy belated birthday Victor.

You need to focus less on the grass in other pastures and start really focusing on just mastering your craft.

Remember companies do not usually report things until you leave them. This may be your first parking lot incident, but its your fifth bump in the road. Its at least your second backing accident.

What could/should you have done differently? How can you prevent future "bumps" in the road?

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your encouragement! I can see them wanting the more stable person thats for sure.

I don't know for sure if it does or not but with the program you're trying to get into it wouldn't hurt. I can't remember what the statistics were that were posted about fighter pilots but if you can make yourself stand out in a positive way i would assume it would raise your odds of being accepted into that select group of air force. I haven't served so I cant speak from personal experience, but I would think if they only had 1 spot available in their program and they had 2 candidates they would give the person who seems more stable the spot. If you appear to be a job hopper they may interpret it as you are afraid to commit, or that you take off when it gets rough. It may be different for the military, I honestly don't know but that's how it works in the civilian world. We all want you to succeed in whatever you do, you need to find the confidence in yourself to stop beating yourself up. You're still pretty new at flatbedding. It should take you longer than an experienced driver to strap and tarp your load. I'd hate to see you give up on flatbedding because you lack the confidence. Similiar to backing it doesnt matter how long it takes as long as it's done right. Speed will come with practice. You're doing a great job, keep it up

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Speedy Securement, Unsecurement and Organization!

Thank you Old School, certainly will take that advice. Could I buy that Bumble Bee strap wrapper anywhere? I do have the hand held one and that helps a lot!

Victor, everyone has given you great advice. Being fast isn't what newbies need to focus on. Doing it right is far more beneficial. You're a flatbedder - you're responsible for making sure that load doesn't spill onto the roadways. Get it right!

Look, all the extra work we do takes time. Efficiency will come along as you get more proficient. Robert said...

Practice, practice and more practice. The speed will come but speed isn't important. What matters is getting the securement correct and accounting for potential situations which can cause things to go sideways in a hurry.

Excellent advice!

Rubber Duck said...

I take everything off and then try to clean up while they are unloading me.

Also excellent advice! There are plenty of locations where you can strip your tarps off, pull them to the side, and reposition your truck so they can be unloading you while you're rolling up your tarps.

Spaceman suggests procedural steps/processes and tools that help you go faster. A strap winder speeds up the rolling of the straps, and thinking about the whole process as he suggests helps you do more work with less steps. You don't have to buy a drill right now. A simple hand powered strap winder can be purchased at most truck stops.

Keep up the good work! Don't beat yourself up all the time. Be proud of your accomplishments and take the necessary steps to improve your results.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Speedy Securement, Unsecurement and Organization!

A lot of times I will untarp first to get to my straps and then unstrap my load and roll up my straps. When I am tarping or strapping a load it takes me a while cause I am getting on top of my load to untangle my straps or put edge protectors on it cause I dont have a pole for that; and tarping takes a while cause my strength is not quite up to par. Like its hard still to get my tarp up on the trailer after rolling it up and bungiing it. The coils took me forever to get tarped. I mean I had to get help to even them out and all.

Try to get the tarps off and if possible, move them to the sides of the cab. Release the straps next and when you are on the passenger side of the trailer, gather those straps with the hook ends and toss them under the trailer just behind the drive wheels. Kick the excess straps under the trailer so a forklift doesn't run over anything. Gather the hook ends on the driver's side of the trailer and lay the hooks down against the drive tires and kick the excess under the trailer.

Now they can unload and your equipment is safe while you begin folding tarps. Once that is done, you can start rolling straps. Might I suggest a Bumblebee (pictured).

Any drill will work with a 3/8 Chuck bit.

If they try to hurry you off the lot, toss your tarps up on the flatbed and then your straps up there as well, drive around to where you aren't blocking yard traffic and finish up at your STEADY and SAFE speed.

0694470001582947648.jpg

I guess I should clarify, you are releasing the straps and pulling the strap off the load by pulling from the hook end, yes? If so, the first paragraph assumes you go down the driver's side trailer loosening those straps and then up the passenger side, pulling the loosened straps over and gathering the hooks etc.

How have you been going about it for the most part?

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Got bucked off the bronco (I flipped), taking some time to recover, and getting back in the saddle!

Im so glad you two are even still breathing after that, the Lord has many ways of sending messages, not sure what this one was or is. All I know is your family still has a husband and Dad!

Friends; I appear to have danced with death and have come out alive on the other side. We were driving by Philly on the PA turnpike when a freak tornado/wind event blew us over. Not only did we flip, but we were also on top of a tall overpass. I don’t want to think about all the possibilities of being a few inches left or right, but it is still there.

While I was driving, suddenly and without warning, a wall of white appeared in front of me. I’ve driven through heavy rain, snow, and wind, but have never seen or want to see anything like it again. This wall was as loud as a train and the moment itself is one of the most surreal experiences I’ve ever had. After arriving on the scene, paramedics said they had received an emergency alert to seek shelter immediately due to a tornado a few minutes before getting the call about an overturned tractor trailer.

Currently, I am waiting in Springfield waiting until Wednesday. I had originally scheduled time to be home sometime this week, so once I get the accident stuff out of the way I should be able to go home as originally planned.

Because of the freak nature of the event, I am not disqualified from driving for Prime. In other circumstances, knowingly driving through dangerous weather is grounds for termination. I loved what I was doing and saw it as a great opportunity to provide for my family. I am not even sure I should consider this event at all because of how random it was, but now that it has definitely happened it will lead to some soul searching.

I was knocked out for a bit and my back is hurting something fierce when I turn, but Prime has been great about scheduling visits with a physician and I already started a few rounds of physical therapy. My co-driver was not so lucky; he was in the sleeper and fractured his collarbone. He will be out at least a month or more. Myself, my family is worried about my safety. As I mentioned here and to them, this was such an out of the ordinary accident, I won't even consider this being due to trucking, but a literal act of God.

0924012001581387158.jpg0699400001581387188.jpg

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Speedy Securement, Unsecurement and Organization!

So i have been having a really been having a terrible time trying to get my securement on quick and then off and out of the way quick. I took an hour and a half and some change, today at my reciever. I have encountered this problem many times. I can only think that there are others like me needing help in this area. Muscles are not everything so what is? Moderators and thosw who know, we thank you for your help!

Flatbed Variety

What permits and how you got them for that load Robert B.? Thats way over 80,000 pounds gross, did you have to go to a special route?

Today's load. It's a John Deere 225D excavator. It's not a very large one but still fun to operate and load. I picked up at Ritchie brothers auction in Davenport Florida and deliver to Hidalgo Texas where it will cross the border to its new home in Monterey Mexico. The unit itself is 10'6" wide and weighs just shy of 58,000 putting my total weight at 93,540. The trailer it's on is a 3 axle heavy haul low profile step deck rated for 80k. Have a great weekend all. 0175152001582935776.jpg0795193001582935836.jpg0332870001582935913.jpg

Flatbed Variety

So now that I am hauling flatbread, I mean flatbed, I will post my first few loads as a start!

0355532001582938125.jpg These were my latest load. Wire coil going to Insteel in Mount Airy, North Carolina.

0941857001582938260.jpg I have hauled more than a share or too of sheetrock! Lol.

0103837001582938325.jpg These thing gave me the jigles. I knew how dangerous they can be so i put 21,600 pounds of securement on a 15000 pound coil each. I have never stopped so much in my life lol.

0936644001582938489.jpg I finally got that thing done after 4 hours of trying to strap and tarp that monster. Hughwee.

0476810001582938529.jpg And this is the truck I get to drive and almost wish I owned it but it has def. Im no Californicator. Hehe.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

I totally agree about that spotter Rob, it just does not help a whole lot when you already working on getting better at backing into a slanted spot and then scrape a truck because you could not hear him. Your right I will do it on my own for now on.

I am definitely working with difficult and all, and your right I was and sometimes even am excited to see my next load with flatbed. Im just wore out a little cause you know, my man guns are not quite 37mm yet, their like 15mm. I have got to say though the places us flatbedders go are sometimes just amazing. The only bone I have with otr is that it takes a week for a day off. Thats also why I have cconsidered Fenton Weilding Transport. 12 hour days, 5 days a week, home around 4 if you get on day shift and 4 in the morning if at night. 4-4 basically. I would be pulling a sand box or water bottle. Course I would need the endorsement. Im not certain how I would do it though since I have a virginia license and would be hauling in PA. I did not realize though that job security actually helps when trying to get into the Airforce.

Happy birthday! I'd strongly suggest sticking with Western Express atleast for your year. You were so excited to be able to pull a flatbed, dont give in so quickly my friend. Job stability will also help you with your dream of being a fighter pilot. I'm sure the challenges you'll face in school and flying a plane will be stressful as well. Use the experiences you're facing as a way of digging in deep and finding ways to overcome your obstacles. If you join the military you aren't able to just quit when the going gets tough.

What you experienced with your backing incident is why I've never asked another driver for help guiding me into a spot. Unfortunately we never know what the other drivers intentions are. They could be some jack*** wanting to snap a pic of a mega carrier goofing up to get likes on social media, or they could be a professional wanting to help someone struggling and pass along their knowledge. If you do use a spotter always rely on hand signals and make sure you both understand what STOP means before proceeding. I've had someone try to guide me into a spot before without me asking and they just stood their pretending they're turning a steering wheel. Were they trying to tell me to turn my wheel the same way they were, or that's where I needed the trailer to go? I told them I appreciate the help but unfortunately they wont be there everytime to help so I'd prefer to do it myself to get the practice in. When I first got my license my trainer would sit in the passenger seat telling me which way to turn the wheel. It allowed me to get backed in but it wasnt helping me figure out what I needed to do on my own. As you experienced even though your spotter may have not helped preventing you from hitting something YOU are still responsible because you were behind the wheel. If you do rely on a spotter don't be afraid to still G.O.A.L.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Yesterday I woke up on my birthday morning, still facing having to tarp a load that I had told the shipper multiple times it had to be tarped and they insisted it did not need it and they would not let me tarp on their premises; but God gave me a huge gift out of it all! I have been so underconfident and despairing in a lot of things but especially trucking and flatbed that I have considered applying to Fentons Weilding Transportation and driving water bottles and sand box trucks for the gas wells. They also pay better. Well God gave me my first birthday gift, a huge confidence booster, I was able to tarp the whole load of wire coils on my own and even make it look real good. I even was driving with traffic and was moving right along. I checked my straps 3 or 4 times as I travelled down to Mount Airy, North Carolina! Im still headed there. All in all I drove 438 miles in 9 hours ans 40 minutes. Thats good because I hit three really bad traffic jamms. Also I did the tarping in an hour and a half and then at breakfast moved the fifth wheel to get legal and reweighed correct on my first time back on the scale! Happy happy happy.

It was a fantastic day. God did incredible glory reveals in the heavens and some look royal too. Wow what a birthday. I was less worried about health insurance cause I am now 26, and I started really listening to the Bible and Gods Word and it really spoke volumes to me. I was able to talk with both Grandparents and Mom and it was amazing too.

I found a few days ago that tea with the natural caffeine actually works for me really well too. I can drink right up to about 3 or more a day. I am also finding I have better alertness overall even without the tea. On my birthday night, though, I was backing into a slanted parking spot because my hours were mostly up and I did not see anymore truck stops on my route down, well I had to do it off sided and I was doing alright and then I asked for help and the man could not yell to save his life. I was grateful for the help but ya know, like it would have helped. I was backing up to his pointers and then he comes running up to my cab and says hey you went to far I guess you cant hear me. Well there was my first parking spot incident. Ugh. But he still helped me in. We exchanged info and I reported it and then today called safety. It was not the funniest way to end a birthday but I would say God was watching to see how I reacted to it. I was severely disappointed. But i was greatly encouraged to hear from safety that this was not a big deal at all and that they would not even report this to DAC just its in the companies system as a minor backing incident. He even gave me pointers about getting more practice while driving. Also I was doing a whole lot of goal last night until I got help so maybe next time I will still get out and look even if I get help. I see this as just a small bump in the road and I am still on my way to being a top tier driver! Also I thank you all for supporting me! Talk to you soon!

Posted:  7 months ago

Im really tired of this, this week...

I will have to come back to this forum and reread all this advice! Thats really valuable. Will do! Thank you!

Forgot to mention that at our lot, someone (wink..wink..) has left some 2x6's to use under the landing gear to help keep the landing gear more stable and not sink into the mud. Hopefully, someone doesn't find my "stash" and take it.

Victor, it is unfortunate that you have had difficult periods in your life. You may feel differently, but I guarantee there are thousands if not millions who have probably had worse struggles in life than you. Being new to the trucking industry, we typically imagine the minor things we experience as being major problems. I would believe that every driver in this forum have thought, "I'm getting tired of this" when facing situations. In the particular case of your trailer being in that mud hole, I don't really see a huge issue. You should see the lot where our company parks their trailers! Drivers have literally gotten stuck after hooking up to their trailers, and had to be pulled out. Just as many others, I have dealt with this exact situation.

You may already know what to do in this situation, but when the trailer was too low to get the fifth wheel under it after lowering the airbags, what I have done is: I lower the airbags (if you have them) and thus, the chassis, back the tractor chassis ONLY under the trailer and raise the airbags. Then crank the trailer landing gear down to support the trailer. Then, again lower the airbags and back fully under the trailer, hooking the fifth wheel to complete my hookup. If the landing gear has only further sunk into the mud when lowered them, then I raise the landing gear just enough and PUSH the trailer BACK just enough to get onto more solid ground, then drop the landing gear and continue as previously mentioned. This beats repeatedly slamming the 5th wheel against the trailer headboard, trying to force the 5th wheel under the trailer when it is way too low. I have seen this be attempted, SMH and thinking to myself "explain that damage to the boss." Not quite sure what the issue was with the gladhand on the trailer. As you gain valuable experience these "major", stress inducing events will become minor or trivial issues. Oh, you will always deal with irritating situations, but also will learn how to deal with them. I am still fairly new (<2years), and still become irritated when a new situation arises, but have become much more adapt in dealing with them. I also think to myself: "Well, do you want to go back to what you were doing before (uhh, no, not really) or do you want to take a deep breath or two, deal with this, and then move on?" "It" will get better for you. Hang in there.

Posted:  7 months ago

Im really tired of this, this week...

I reckon Packrat I was the one that was not able to figure that out. Which makes sense. Truly I am not left handed person when it comes to airlines. Lol.

My point was there is no wrong position for it, as long as there are two.

Up, down, left or right it makes no difference. They can be facing any angle to attach the air lines.

Posted:  7 months ago

Terminated from CR England

Got a question though, how did you email yourself the logs and communication logs? I want to do that too.

When I came back to CR England I had taught it would of changed. I was wrong. My first truck assignment I had been issued a truck that had been sitting for Shop Service, claimed it was good to go. Took on my first load assignment; the truck broke down. It had to be towed back to the yard. 2nd truck issued another truck that had sitting in the yard forever, my new teammate and myself had picked up our first preloaded trailer, for the radiator to just bust and cause the engine to shut down. We had to be towed back to the yard again. the shop had claimed they were going to fix this. but the hood still open and nothing being down to fix the radiator. claimed it would take a couple days to receive parts from freightliner.

The DM then hesitated to give us a newer truck. but had no choice but to give us the newer truck. so we get in, being awake all day still waiting on previous truck to be fixed, dispatch still expected the load assignment to still make it on time. it didn't because of lack of hours of service legal for driving.

I requested to be transferred to a different fleet, for them to give me a probationary period supposedly. when the 2 truck breaking down on us was not our fault. so i went to Regional position finally, but still gave me team required loads. i was sick then, got pneumonia. the company careless of my condition.

First assignment I was fired up and ready, got the mt droppped and picked up reploaded trailer and i was driving hard. I got a phone call from DM to stop at Primm Nevada to SWAP the same load going to the same place. The trailer the other team had gotten had no license plate, so i had to call compliance to get registration for, must be logged on duty. no matter the f your dispatch says. i was awake the whole time until team arrived with load late night that same day, 2139 pm. been communicating through qualcomm obc, on boarding computer. DM calls following morning and yells at me asking why am i still sitting, when i should be in nebraska by now? excuse me? what? I was just swapping trailers, not too long ago. i needed sleep. i explained to him over the phone. Here's where i decide this isn't cool, no more cell phone calls. I'm only communicating via qualcomm and obc only truck computer only. so it's documented. and recorded.

I finally delivered and had picked up a load in minnesota where it was 13 degrees. here i've been emailing dispatch and making carbon copies to other operations managers to ensure they knew i was communicating. my DM had called, then a message on the obc. Call me, or no load. Of course my phone really wasn't working at this time anyway, i messaged i couldn't. that these truck on boarding computers is our primary source of communication no matter what you he wanted.

skipping to towards the end, the last 2 load assignments i had as a Western Regional solo driver were still giving loads that went in the EAST Coast. Evidently there was road closures, in which i still had to chain the freezing cold and blowing wet wind, on i70 that forced me to exit Silverthorne. in Colorado. i got a phone call from a load planner, asking why is it taking me 2 and half hours to chain up? When their policy is if i have to chain, it's safer to just shut down. When previous phone calls i was told if i can chain up and keep moving. After 2 days of being stuck in a freezing truck, i got sick again. and body felt worn out. Regardless, dispatch was still harassing me and micro-managing why I haven't started my clock yet, that i've been off duty 13 hours, when i should only need 10 hours.

in short, they call me in to the slc meeting to terminate me, with the excuse because i couldn't use my cell phone to answer his calls. when i clearly explained the situation and told him showing him proof that my phone wasn't the best. I called another ladder in operations and had a meeting with his boss, for them to both gang up on me like some kind of inferior **** of SH&*t. then to finally give up. nad face that no matter what, they were going to fire me. Later on I had requested in an email and emailed the englands as well if i can get this in writing. to later that morning be told that what they had concluded to write was I was terminated for "Involuntary Performance Breach and Involuntary Late loads". in the email from HR themselves. I have emailed myself my logs in which describes my shutdowns and highway closures. WInk, wink. I have photos of the communication logs.

Posted:  7 months ago

Im really tired of this, this week...

Haha beats me, I have no idea how that thing got that way. All I know is my weak forarms were not able to turn it. Positive thing is, it got fixed and out of the mud pond and I delivered it. Now I am tackling COILS. Hehe.

How is a glad hand half sitting the wrong way?