Comments By Victor C. II

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0116371001575728411-65592.jpg avatar

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

FINALLY heading to my own truck!

Thank you!

dancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Western Express Journey

Yall I am heading into my own truck Lord willing on Tuesday! Im excited and nervous like crazy cause I want to do well but just did not have a whole lot of time under flatbed. I took time off to see my parents and Grandparents and then Monday I am heading to Liberty University, where I will be in August to attend and get my bachelors in Aeronautical Science with a Military Cognate and I plan on doing it in the accelerated pace so I can get my bachelors around 28 years old and then jump into the Navy or Airforce. Im excited to see what is in store this year! God bless and I will do better in updating you all! I originally had a truck as a recovery truck, because the driver of it was told he could not drive the unit anymore and was terminated based on a false report done on him, after a police Blood and Alcohol test were done proving he had nothing in his system. So I had to recover the truck and take him to the Bethlehem terminal. He bought me food and drink and then we were on our way. We spoke about spiritual things, what had happened, what his next moves were, we even contacted the police over a couple and their kids walking by the highway, I got to the terminal with hardly anything on the 14 hour clock. I am getting $150 for recovering the unit! It was a good time. Well back to the truck, the truck had illegally bald tires, a trailer tire on it, the truck inside the cab looked like someone peed dust all over it, the tires were out of balance and the axles felt loose; the steering was loose, the Qualcomm was not functioning properly either. I can promise you, that if the unit was in better condition, I would have accepted it. What made my blood boil, was the fact that said driver reported this several times to the head of the Northeastern Regional dispatchers and he was written off as just complaining and lying cause he did not like the truck. So basically God put me there to reconfirm what the said driver had said all along, and help him back to his family. The truck had internal engine problems too cause it used excessive fuel. He gave me his charger, bar, edge protectors, charging cable and I took some straps to put into my new truck. And a device to roll up my straps quickly. I am probably keeping the strap roller, and charger even when I leave so when I go to another company I can use it to make life a little more easy.

This has been quite the journey. Happy to start a new part of it. Praise God!

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

FINALLY heading to my own truck!

Yall I am heading into my own truck Lord willing on Tuesday! Im excited and nervous like crazy cause I want to do well but just did not have a whole lot of time under flatbed. I took time off to see my parents and Grandparents and then Monday I am heading to Liberty University, where I will be in August to attend and get my bachelors in Aeronautical Science with a Military Cognate and I plan on doing it in the accelerated pace so I can get my bachelors around 28 years old and then jump into the Navy or Airforce. Im excited to see what is in store this year! God bless and I will do better in updating you all! I originally had a truck as a recovery truck, because the driver of it was told he could not drive the unit anymore and was terminated based on a false report done on him, after a police Blood and Alcohol test were done proving he had nothing in his system. So I had to recover the truck and take him to the Bethlehem terminal. He bought me food and drink and then we were on our way. We spoke about spiritual things, what had happened, what his next moves were, we even contacted the police over a couple and their kids walking by the highway, I got to the terminal with hardly anything on the 14 hour clock. I am getting $150 for recovering the unit! It was a good time. Well back to the truck, the truck had illegally bald tires, a trailer tire on it, the truck inside the cab looked like someone peed dust all over it, the tires were out of balance and the axles felt loose; the steering was loose, the Qualcomm was not functioning properly either. I can promise you, that if the unit was in better condition, I would have accepted it. What made my blood boil, was the fact that said driver reported this several times to the head of the Northeastern Regional dispatchers and he was written off as just complaining and lying cause he did not like the truck. So basically God put me there to reconfirm what the said driver had said all along, and help him back to his family. The truck had internal engine problems too cause it used excessive fuel. He gave me his charger, bar, edge protectors, charging cable and I took some straps to put into my new truck. And a device to roll up my straps quickly. I am probably keeping the strap roller, and charger even when I leave so when I go to another company I can use it to make life a little more easy.

This has been quite the journey. Happy to start a new part of it. Praise God!

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Flatbed Variety

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Flatbed Variety

Yeah its in southern, Virginia. I believe the company was called Huber. Peculiar name for a lumber company.

Crystal, Virginia? Never heard of it.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Flatbed Variety

Here is another one with all of us waiting! Lol

0760326001580242472.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Flatbed Variety

I am at a lumber mill in Crystal, Virginia!

0507559001580241983.jpg0314969001580242003.jpg0238399001580242023.jpg0982165001580242046.jpg

Posted:  1 month ago

I have New News to Tell You! Know how I always wanted to do this in trucking.....

Now this makes me so excited! Taking a while to get a non-smoker, otr, flatbed trainer but I am excited! Especially seeing the pictures on Instagram of us pulling military.

Posted:  1 month ago

Travel advisories and restrictions announced for Midwest weekend storm

Prayers sent your alls way!

Posted:  1 month ago

Thank you Cornelius! I appreciate that a lot. How are you doing these days.

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

😢😢

I think Pat is still driving. He's just not active here in our forum.

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

I must say I am quite sad that Pat M ended driving. Makes me wonder if he is doing well and what career he has now?

Posted:  1 month ago

Thank you all! It really has been great, travelling to this point in my adventure and career. Im really hoping that we get a heavy equipment load on one of our first loads. I see we do go to the John Deere plant and I think others, I just cannot remember. Your advise and encouragement has helped me stick it to the end and reading your advise to others has helped me too😁. I really really thank you all for your hard advise because of many objective and absolute truths you have shared with me with regard for my well being and my overall success and did not regard my feelings as more important than success in the long run. I many times did not get the whole picture because just as a person who has grown up in nation that places more emphasis on emotions and sensitivity and subjectivity and relativity rather than boldness, resilience, bravery, manlihood/womanhood/adulthood, chivalry, and character strength, and on the real objective and absolute truth, I have been influenced by the falsehoods and sometimes I just don't recognize it til wiser and many times older folk like you shed the light on what I am falsely believing or believed. God knows as well as I do, that I have a lot to be thankful for, and you all are a great blessing to be thankful for and grateful for the friendship and companionship I have experienced here. I have not been able to meet you all up front and I pray I get a chance to have a genuine connection in person soon with you as that would be a great pleasure, but I realize that reality is that may be hard to accomplish but we shall see. I fear for some newer generations, because I think it can be a little hard to take in for some millenials and generation Z's who have grown succumbing to the popular beliefe in secular and modern United States, that EVERYONE, should adhere to every demand they have; but I must say, although I might have some tendency to want people to not be so "indifferent" or harsh, or be more sensitive to my feelings, it is because you care; that you tell me and others the truth and I have really come to appreciate and love the integrity, honesty, and tenacity of you all and your desires to help. I am proven from day one of coming here that there is still a remnant of people that have our true American values from before we began! I love this truth about this family and forum. You all are such a blessing and its a honor to know you! Again any truth or advise you have I will take and chew on it, as I know you have gone before and proven what can be accomplished through your faith and end goals and dedication to the bettering of yourselves and others. I solute you in the power of Christ and I wish you all Gods speed in your travel as well as safety.

Posted:  1 month ago

I sure will keep you updated! I am excited to haul the tractors and equipement.

Congratulations Victor!

Keep us posted. You've been making some good progress, and that's great to hear!

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

Wow, I wonder why Pat M. is no longer driving? Hmm. Yeah Turtle dived into the van division. Lol.

Awesomeness, Victor / Jamie~!!!

I miss this thread, tbh. Pat (applesauce) is no longer driving, and Turtle went to the 'dark side' (haha!) I'll be counting on YOU to keep this thread alive, mi mano~!!!!

Best of luck in battle~!!!

Anne :)

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

Yall I have got to show you these pictures since now I am heading into flatbed territory as of last Tuesday and thought I would celebrate with putting some pics up in these amazing thread. Hope you all like these!

0150222001579468132.jpg0310922001579468178.jpg0465496001579468225.jpg0134203001579468312.jpg0339537001579468380.jpg0214194001579468482.jpg0143822001579468540.jpg

Posted:  1 month ago

Thank you and I will. I already know I want Andree, Tim and Rick from the Bethlehem terminal. Very good very knowledgeable and very much a friend to look too for help. Just do not call at 3 in the morning😂.

Victor I had been wondering how you tested out. Congrats! Western Express is a fine company. You’ll do well there.

Keep in mind that the responses available here are sometimes delayed. You may want to develop some “go to” contacts at Western Express that you can call for immediate advice.

Good luck and congrats again!

Tim

Posted:  1 month ago

So I am glad in the Lord to tell you that I have graduated into a solo van driver, butI did not, stop at that juncture; for I had had a goal this whole time, even from the beginning, which was to drive flatbed at Western Express so that when I wanted to drive flatbed elsewhere I could say that I was a bonafide flatbedder with diverse types of platforms. I wass looming and reviewing what Western Express Inc. hauled as a company, and I see they have flatbed, step deck, double step deck and lowboy flatbeds. I also have heard reports that over the road truck drivers haul more equipment than not. There are a lot of neat opportunities here. I do see that they care enough to put you through 3 days load securementznd then they are sending me out for 100 hours of training before I roll out on my own. I will enjoy and make good use of asking many many questions and do as much as I can so that I can experience as much as I can before I go on my own and DONT have a excuse.😁😁💪👍! Old School and yall who be experienced in flatbed, I am excited to here your flatbed stories, experience and advice. Y'all have a blessed day, week, and Gods speed in your travels!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Troops into Transportation

Thank you for your service! Your service is much appreciated. I think thats amazing you got to see someone you served with and are able to work with him again in this training phase. I just got done with training with a mentor and although its not exactly the same I went to a private school too and there was a ton to learn but I still got by and successfully got my CDL. Your very fortunate that you found this before starting school cause I did not have that luxury since I did not know of this site before going. At least to what I remember. I cannot wait to see your progress!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Western Express Journey

Thank you packrat! Im hoping things work out. I got approved today for a $500 credit line for PayPal and I hope after I get done with flatbed securement traing things go well. Im hoping to get a dispatcher that will give tons of miles cquse if I cant do good with making money I may need to cancel my plans to attend Liberty University😢.

Good luck Tuesday with your upgrade testing, Victor.