Profile For Han Solo Cup (aka, Pablo)

Han Solo Cup (aka, Pablo)'s Info

OH

Considering A Career

2 years, 12 months ago

Han Solo Cup (aka, Pablo)'s Bio

Reading the training diaries and patiently waiting to become an OTR trucker.

Posted:  3 months ago

Time to Say Goodbye...

I haven't been on the board for a while and this is a happy/sad post. You're one of the drivers that inspired me to consider this career when my current one is done (or I'm done with it). You'll be missed. Good luck.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Question About Prime's Application Process

Doug, did you have a chance to call the Prime recruiter line? Just curious if you got an update.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Heavy Hauling and Riggin

How long was your "stint" with another company? How do u feel they weren't truthful? When did you obtain your cdl and how long since u left the other company?

According to his other thread:
- His "stint" was one whole delivery
- They were untruthful by allegedly underpaying him tons of money even though he only delivered one load
- And he just left his company recently

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Good luck, have fun, and study! I devour any and all Prime training diaries so I'll be here ready and waiting.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Introduction followed by Millis Training Institute Diary.(Cartersville, GA)

Millis is on my short list so I'm definitely interested in your training diary. Good luck and, like you said, put study and training ahead of any diary.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Sage Cdl Academy, part two (driving practice)

Very cool! I'm happy to hear you're doing well and it was a treat to hear someone mention Rome, NY. I used to live there about 30 years ago, loved it. Good luck!

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

TMC CDL (in-house) training day 1

Awesome. TMC is on my short list and this was an excellent diary entry. Good luck and keep us posted.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

I've just received an unsolicited email message from a CDL recruiter.

Todd,

I fixed your email reply to Ms. Jones; you incorrectly referred to your health care provider as your doctor:

I will save your email messages in my Employment folder for now and bear Wilson Logistics and Jim Palmer in mind when hopefully in the near future my "doctor" (a VA government pill-pushing idiot who likely failed to make it in private practice where there's much better money in medicine) will clear me to return to work full time once again. My "doctor" assures me that averting my obesity is the key to ending my disabling condition. Sincerely, (my legal name) Future OTR Driver Hopeful"

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

New Primate

Very cool! We will be looking forward to anything you can share... provided you have the time. Practice and focus take priority.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

New Year, New Moderator!

Congrats, Turtle. I've looked up to you for a while now as Prime flat bed is exactly where I'd like to be one day.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Waiting list for Maverick’s CDL Sponsorship

Good luck, Ruck. I LoLed for real at your "built like an old Cadillac" comment. We hope to hear good news from you and wish you the best!

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Wil-Trans diary

Not a driver yet but... have you started working on the High Road Training here as well as reviewing Daniel B's pretrip study guide?

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

My pneumatic tanker job

Ditto... I've followed your journey since day 1 and you're an inspiration. Congrats on the indirect pay raise!

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for delivering everything we need for these holidays and thanks for being away from your families so some of us can be home with ours.

Posted:  10 months, 4 weeks ago

Physical fitness on the road

I'm not a driver (yet) but I do travel for my current job. I will pack my TRX system for the road. It allows me to use body weight to do a ton of different exercises. The whole system needs an anchor point which is usually a closed door like the bathroom door of a hotel room. There's one strap with a wedge on the end that you slide through the door up by the hinge then close the door trapping the wedge on the other side to create the anchor. I'm hoping something like that may work on a truck; granted, you'd probably have to be outside your truck to make this happen.

TRX training system

Posted:  10 months, 4 weeks ago

Here I go!!!!

Just breathe and relax... you made it this far. Good luck and be careful.

Posted:  11 months ago

Schneider National Apprenticeship Diary (5 Week Schneider CDL Training)

Jamie T said:

I couldn't be more grateful for such an incredible opportunity. Tomorrow is my last day at my desk job also woooo.

Dude, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to say those exact same words. Good luck, study, get some sleep, and, if you can, check in ever so often. I can't wait to read your diary.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Don’t make the same mistake I did.

I just came back from a trip that ran me through Chicago coming and going. I told a coworker that Chicago must translate to "right lane closed ahead." I have never seen more right lanes closed, both directions, for construction than in Chicago... it's like a challenge to them, how many right lanes can we have closed at once.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Taking a shower on the road

I often wonder if it's like that in other industries. Do most techies mock Google and Apple? Do most people in the Airline business mock American and Delta? Do most investment bankers mock JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs?

Depending on the year or chart, I work for the 4-6th largest defense contractor in the world and no, we don't make fun of the other contractors. We strive to incorporate what works for them, entice their golden employees to come to us, and seek to team with one another to get contacts.

I also saw something about turn over and I've not only worked for the larger contractors (our version of a "mega"), I've also worked for the mom-and-pops of DoD contracting. Similar to trucking, there is more turnover at the smaller businesses as they just don't have the resources to compete with the big boys/gals. I thoroughly enjoy working for the "megas" of DoD contracting and that's exactly for whom I want to work when I make the switch to trucking. The megas provide too many benefits and have the capital to protect themselves and their employees.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Boyd bros. Update.

Being made to take that time off might not be all that bad. My plant shuts down from the 25th-28th and we won't be accepting or receiving any shipments in that time. If you were out with your trainer, you could likely end up sitting for the week anyways... better to do that at home.