Profile For Kevin M.

Kevin M.'s Info

Considering A Career

5 years, 4 months ago

Kevin M.'s Bio

Been out of the truck for almost 11 years. Realy ready to go again.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

KLLM

I try to stay out of the nonsense of some of these people but there are times I can't keep my big mouth shut. Those of you and you know whom Im speaking of. If you would take the time to listen to the very generous advise here you will learn how to be a safe and prductive driver. These wonderful folks here are in the field working the industry. Take head of their of advise and learn. My first time around as an OTR flatbed driver sites like this weren't around. 2500 miles with a trainer final test drive with safety and you were on your own and you either sink or swim. So stop being an argumentive pain in the ..... Get off your tail and go to work. Until you are actually working as a driver you dont know your butt from a hole in the ground.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

How to Land the Best Truck Driving Jobs

First off, Old School awesome post. I pray that all who read your writings take your advise to heart. It will help to achieve a great deal in whatever they do. As for you Ryan, Get a grip man. I read your previous rantings and read where Old School stood up for you. Shame on you for spitting in his face.

Old School. I salute you Sir

I stumbled upon your blog yesterday and I couldn't put it down til I read all of your blogs. I greatly admire your family and Christian values as well as your work ethics. I have learned so much in reading your postings as well as identifying mistakes I made in my 1st time in this industry. I already feel I owe you a great debt of gratitude for I have know doubt I will be a much better driver this time around. I agree with Brett, you should right a book. Your blogs are very elegant, informative, and articulate. Your blogs should be required reading for anyone thinking about entering into this industry. I do my best to always let God lead me and show me way and He certainly blessed me with your blogs. I do sincerely hope our path's cross someday. Stay safe in your travels as I will always be grateful and will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Scale houses in louisiana

While it has been a lifetime ago, when I was a hotshot O/O the coops on the northern side (I20) you had to go in and they would waive you through. Now on the southern side (I10) they would call me in check my insurance, authority and logbook.

RE West

Thank you both for your replies. They are greatly appreciated.

Call trucking company recruiters now while in CDL school or wait until after I obtain my CDL license?

Start calling now. You want as many pre hires as you can get. Then make your best decision from there

RE West

While preparing my short list of companies to contact. I came a cross RE West. Does anyone have any knowledge of them? All comme ts and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have yet another question - blood glucose requirements in passing a DOT physical?

Rick, Thank you so much for your reply. My son informed me today that he was diagnosed with type II diabetes. It kind of raised concerns about myself. I stopped by my local Walmart Pharmacy on my way home this evening and got a free screening. Blood flash was 89 and A1c 5.3.

What are the blood glucose requirements in passing a DOT physical? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have about CFI & Western Express

Thank you both for your replies. I saw on CFI's website they do offer company sponsored training. When looking at company reviews on TT Western Express was listed but supplied linked went to a page that could not be opened.

Does anyone have about CFI & Western Express

While I haven't spoke with recruiters for either company yet I was hoping to find out a little information first. I have looked at both of their websites and both have very little information. My questions are do you need money up front. Does either offer pay or advances while learning for your permit and cdl training

CDL Endorsements

Janet take great heed of the advise you have received here. The high road training program is very excellent. I can assure as a former driver the company is going to teach you so much more which will help build your confidence. The best advise I have to offer is when you go to orientation is to listen observe and follow directions. Just relax and have a good time with it. They no you have no experience and they will work with you to get you safe and secure.

International truck driving school Dallas

Has anyone recently attended school there.

How hard is to get back in the industry

2005-2017= 12 years. I believe your DAC only goes back 10. Or maybe that is HireRight. Rick???

smile.gif

Not sure how far Dac goes. But I will find out. Like a fool I didnt keep my cdl but its not the end of the world. So now my next intellegent question. As a former flatbedder where would be a good company to look at. I left Arrow before they abandoned all of their drivers.

How hard is to get back in the industry

You may be required to take refresher class, basically the same as your original class. Also sounds like you'll be riding with a road trainer again.

When you quit after two months, were you under a training contract?

It doesn't matter if other people had the same experience at any other rationalization. What matters is what's on your DAC. Words like "quit" or "terminated" are poison.

Apply here: Apply For Truck Driving Jobs

This shoots your app out to tons of companies. Maybe to have the chance to say "No thanks" to a company!

Thank you so much for your reply. DAC will show I quit. Employment I have had since does not report to Dac. I know I will have to start over from day one and I am good with that.

How hard is to get back in the industry

While the first time around was breif. I have grown a lot and prepared for the commitment thay driving requires. I entered the industry in 05 first as a O/O ltl hot shotter. Got my cdl and moved to the big trucks. First company trainer scared the daylights out of me and went home. Second company went through orientation went home for a week then out with a trainer for ten days. Got home and they didnt call again. I thought what did I do wrong. Came to find out they really dodnt have the worked that they talked about. I knew three other peope from my area and they experienced the same. Went to a third company after orientation went with a very good trainer and we rans the wheels off the truck. Ten days later came back to the home terminal tested out and was assigned a truck. Here is where I kind of screwed up. I wasn't getting good loads. The loads I did get were low pay. I. Left after two months. The up side is that company crashed and burned in disgrace. So now I understand I will have to pay my duess and am ready to do so. So where do I go from here.