Comments By Joseph B.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0829046001560497028-7161.jpg avatar
  • Joseph B.
  • Comments:

Schooling Expereince at CR England

Jerry, I hadn't narrowed down the company for which I wanted to work myself until recently (I am still waffling between 2 of them, FFE and Stevens Transport) but I highly recommend that you find a good sized truck stop near you and just hang out there for a few hours. I did that last weekend and spoke to as many truckers from companies I was considering as I could. It was a VERY educational experience, and really helped me narrow down what I was doing. I did see several CR England trucks there, and I can only assume you would see the same. You might get some good insight that way into the training, I saw a couple of trainers with their students and that really helped me get a feel for it. Yes, it takes some weeding through the complaints and company-bashing, but it is well worth it.

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

I know I asked a few days ago about FFE but since there are no replies I will ask again, and will add the same question about Stevens Transport.

Those are the 2 companies I am considering right now.

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Does anyone know if FFE does UA or follicle testing?

Companies that do NOT require you go into other countries?

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and the info! This all started because I was looking into FFE and found on their job description that you have to be able to go into Canada and Mexico with no restriction.

Thanks again, really looking forward to seeing y'all on the road in the future!

Companies that do NOT require you go into other countries?

Hi everyone, I wanted to know of companies that don't require you obtain a US passport. I owe a good deal of back child support, and even though I am now paying on the arrears, if you owe more than $2500 in back child support you are not eligible to obtain a passport. I have wanted to get into the trucking industry since I was a little kid and hope that this isn't something that will kill my new career before it even gets started.