Comments By Gladiator 76

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig2.jpg avatar

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

Has this thread gone the way of the dinosaurs?

Moved on from Swift

Trucktographer, I wish you the best. It's the lease program I don't trust not you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Moved on from Swift

I think Brett is right. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. I don't believe companies would be making leasing so easy if it didn't benefit them!

Need advice getting back into trucking

James,

Don't forget to look at Craig's list. There are usually jobs posted from smaller companies there. If you are fortunate enough to find a job follow old schools advice and stick it out with one company for a year at least. Good luck!

IITR Oregon

They take their break, especially if they are on electronic logs. Some truck stops charge for Internet. You may be surprised how fast that 10 hours goes.

IITR Oregon

I would be surprised if you had an hour per day to study on the Internet. Your trainer may expect you to spend your time learning how drive and navigate the truck.

Really good news to here....

Congratulations! I'm not surprised though!

I failed my driving test :-(

Hang in there! Many people have to retest although few will admit it.' You'll get it next time!

DO NOT TRAIN WITH SWIFT!!

Bubber,

I know nothing about Swift except that they give lots of people an opportunity to get started in a career who wouldn't otherwise get the chance.....including you! Since you passed they must be doing something right unless you are a some kind of brainiac and I'm pretty sure that's not the case! How about showing a little gratitude instead of biting the hand that feeds you! By the way. I haven't met anyone who felt they were ready to go out and drive just after getting their CDL! Good luck!

Need advice for gaining experience

Errol is right. Try to get on with a small company and gain some experience. I recommend going in in person, so you can try to establish a rapport with them and sell yourself. Ask for a driving test. If you can get the driving test you've got a good chance to land the job. Good luck.

Ouch! I just got put down hard

One thing I hate about truck stops or the local drivers room is the constant complaining! Misery loves company.

13 months driving OTR is over!!!

Terry,

Enjoy your family! I couldn't drive OTR. Driving locally has its challenges, but none requiring the nomadic lifestyle of the OTR driver.

I'll be on more often

So from recent posts I am concluding that Daniel B. likes a free meal and knows how to get. Either he's very clever or his lunch buddies aren't. I've heard that his goal is to overtake Brett for the most posts in TT history..... Only 2831 to go!!! It might take him a while to do it, but time is on Daniels side since he just turned 21!

The Joy is Fading ...Please Forgive My Attitude ... but ...

Just clear your head and do your best, because your best will be good enough. Don't over think things. Stay positive! Good luck!

I'll be on more often

Who is Daniel B.?

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

Brian,

I appreciate your honesty. Life on the road can get old fast and be very brutal. I can't see being married to the truck as a good thing. The only time I can see your home time not being a burden to your business is when once your truck is paid off and even than it will always result in lost revenue, unless you have some kind of relief team to keep things rolling.

In your previous post you stated you had given your co-driver a $250.00 bonus and since you put it out there I felt it fair to ask.

Continued good luck!

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

Brian, It seems to me that you are already married to your truck. You have already spent 3+ weeks out. Anytime you spend at home is negative money, because you have fixed expenses that keep on going. You also said that you haven't seen a pay check yet. You are very fortunate to have a co-driver who seems to like life on the road. How much bonus money have you given him so far? Don't get me wrong....I'm not putting you down. I hope you succeed. It just seems to me that the extra stress of owning your own truck/company is not worth it.

Following appeal, New Prime Inc. ordered to pay driver nearly $20k in refusal to drive case

Obviously we will never know all the details about what happened in this situation. What we do know is that Prime was slapped on the wrist with what turned out to be about a $20,000.00 judgement. It doesn't mean Prime is a bad company or that the driver was a bad driver. People aren't perfect, someone from Prime just put information on the drivers DAC report that OSHA felt was retaliatory. I wouldn't want to be the Prime employee responsible for that.

SWIFT TRAINING NOT SO SWIFT

I read the articles listed with this thread and it seems like the big winner in this law suit was the attorney's.....why doesn't that surprise me? While it seems "more likely than not" that something shady was going on at that school near Memphis, I didn't see where anyone was actually prosecuted and the state of Tennessee actually publicly retracted some of their initial statements. I would hope I'm never convicted of anything because it's "more likely than not" I did something illegal. I do feel bad for anyone who had to retest for something somebody else did.

I quit the pot, and I want to drive trucks.

Justin,

I have heard that exercise and lots of water is the fastest way to get THC out of your body. Google the subject and lots of info will pop up.