Comments By Firehog

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0935530001512398652-72504.jpg avatar
  • Firehog
  • Comments:

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Yesterday was my 12th day at prime training. Most of my class picked up trainers and were gone about 4 days ago.. I finally got trainer yesterday I am logged into the truck and should be headed out monday morning. sleep study only cost me about 5 day delay. But at same time some on my class are still here amd have not got trainer yet. if you get delayed like i did or for paper work or anything else you kind of get left to your own a little bit so dont panic just relax and ask a lot of question where your suposed to go evey day. You really have to be patient. i used the time to get all my pretrip done and do my own company tour since i missed the one the class did when i had to do the sleep study.

I heard they were training new trainers so I went to the Practice pad my self and spent all day just watching them and asking questions, learned a lot and one of them picked me up as my trainer.

Headed out Monday on the road for my 10K, Very excited, Trainer seems real great and down to earth contry boy like me. dancing.gif

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Ok sleep test completed. Finally got my permit today. Officially got changed to Flat Bed. Learning to be patient and how to wait. Great life lesson. Just waiting for psd road trainer. Amen. Thanks TT community. Me and iwii are ready hit the road on new adventure.

Prime Inc. CDL training. Springfield, Missouri

Turtle, I know you busy so thanks for taking the time to share your experince. I have securd fire equipment and about every farming implement for years was just worried I would run into something and go how the heck do I keep that on my trailer. You eased my mind a little. Thanks again

Company Training and Non-Compete

To quantify i have 30 years business ownership experience with non compete clauses. It does not matter what the clause says because they can write anything they want, the question is can they enforce what they wrote.

If they terminate you then you are released from the non compete clause. It only applies if you quit. If your State is a right to work state then it is not even enforceable if you quit. Call your unemployment office in your state and they can tell you if you are in a right to work state. With that said if you owe them money until it is paid most companies will inform others of that and good chance you will not get hired.

A non complete clause is mainly enforced when it is a business relation ship and you sold that right as independant business person for monetary amount. Example i sold my company for $ amount anf in that contract part of that payment was to not compete within 100 miles for 3 years, very specific and enforcable in that case.

I worked with business owners in my field in all 50 states and non of them ever won an enforcement of a non complete cause on a employee. It was subject at every meeting for 30 years.

Hope it helps

Prime Inc. CDL training. Springfield, Missouri

Turtle, I am at Prime right now got held up by sleep test before i could get my med card because I had a negative test in past. I finished it all today and will get my permit tomorrow. Because of my blood pressure I started working out 4 to 6 months ago before coming lost 60 pounds before i got here and 10 to 15 more here, been working out at milinium gym twice a day. Now that i am in best shape in 30 years i am want to change my mind from reffer and go flatbed. That,s where my heart is just wanted to get in shape. I have one question, during your PSD and TT do you get a lot of training on load securment. When to use proper tools and or makeshift supports. Any information would be helpful because I know every load will be different.

Not what you’d expect during a pre-trip.

Mr Inspector as we approach the vehicle you will see there is no leaks just the normal aligater and I belive it is Properly mounted and secure. Not cracked bent or broken. It is not missing any TEETH!,!rofl-2.gif

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Hey Firehog, I'm glad you're doing good. I'm curious about the sleep apnea issue. I started orientation two weeks ago today and have been on the road with my trainer for one week. We are in Salt Lake City now, about to head back to Springfield for me to test for CDL. I got slated for the sleep test as well, but I was written a short term med card and was able to get my permit first. I take my sleep test after I earn my CDL, and they will deduct the amount out of my settlements in payments. Was this not an option for you? I find it odd that you weren't given a med card and have to pay up front.

Either way, it sounds like you have it all under control. I'm happy for you! Good luck out there.

Paul yes most did like you. One other and I fell into a liability issue because we had past sleep test done then they consider you a risk until you do the test here. So They hold the med card until you complete the test. My last test was 17 years ago but I was being honest and disclosed it on my health form I had surgery to fix the problem. Since i never needed a new test after surgery because I was fine the only test on my record was the bad one i took. you are considered to possibly have sleep apenea and I was considered all ready proven to have it, thats the differeance. I took it las night and got out this morning. They said i needed a new physical within 3 days but that was bad information. when I got there they said I was good to go since I had a physical last week. Tomorrow they will sign med card so should go DMV and get permit tommorow. Not to far behind because 1/3 of my class still waiting on PSD road trainers. FYI you will need to retake your physical when you do your sleep test. Also please remember this !!!!!!!!! Make them turn down the ac in the room, it must have been 50 or lower and I shivered for 2 hours and they counted that as episodes. They went over my test and it did show i was awake but they still counted it. I already named my CPAP machine iwii pronunced (eewe). (is what It Is) cost of doing business.

Lukily had plenty time to do pre trip, I can do it blind folded. stay safe

Applying to Companies After Being Self-Employed

Stacy, I was self employed for 30 years and sold my business and chose Prime Transport and am in school now. You would have to give them last 5 years of just your Schedule F from your taxes or Schedule C if you were filing that way. i also had to go to IRS and get tax transcript for same 5 years. it only took me hour at IRS office to get it and free. They also wanted letter from my accountant but since I filled my own taxes I got a letter from my banker that verified i was in business for More than 5 years.

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Correction sleep test is $500 and CPAP is $700 for total $1200.

Today practicing pre trip some more. Finally got it all down. Actually great company to be at if delayed like I am. Full gym weights room and excellent food.

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Update end of last week, nothing new just continued to work on sims and practice Pre trip on a truck they have in parking lot. Still feeding me good. Training staff is awsome.

sLEEP APNEA!!!! I had a test in the past and had an issue but had tonsil and uvula surgery to correct problem and did not require a CPAP machne after that. So I was not allowed to get my med card and permit eventhough I past all the test in two days. I will have to take another sleep test and if fail get a cpap machine and pay for it upfront cash or credit card before I can get my med card to get my permit. $500 for sleep tes and $1200 for CPAP machine if I fail. Luckily I have the money or I would be sent home. I take my sleep test today so all in all it will delay me about a week. Is What it is! just be prepared.

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Day 3 Training. first let me correct day2. should have said at lastly sim training not "lousy".

Today took permit test and finished CBT required work today. You get up at 5:45 to start your day and can go as late as 11 pm.

DMV came on site today for testing, you can take test 2 times on site if need 3rd must take shuttle to dmv Thursday and friday. I Used the TT Trainng and testing then the "DMV Gene" test app specifically for MO. Past all fout test in 20 minutes and used thoser tools to study. If you have past medical issues or surgerys make sure you make a list with date and procedure and your age at that time. Very helpful as well as doctor and contact number and Fax number very Important.

Still Very impressed with the Prime Staff. They really care and want to help you succeed.

You get plenty to eat here. Make sure you bring an original birth certificate with raised seal ful size not wallet copy, seems to be an issue for severl people who only brought a copy. Or just a current passport if you have one will work.

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Day 2 start day. Starting on a holiday week Tuesday was awsome and a fast pace. Agility,physical,drug test,interview, all on first day lousy sim training. Really pay attention to your blood pressure. I lost 60 lbs before completely g to get mine down and passeddancing-banana.gif I am 249lbs but a lot of people in perfect weight are failing test and very shocked because they never thought to check. You can check at machines at sams,Walgreens and most groceries stores so do it! Food great, room great, I am. Wry impressed with the work ethic of staff here and I mean all staff.

The DMV will actually give permit test on site today, very nice deal. You can take anything you fail today 3 times today. If no pass you then have go to DMV on later days to try again. Shuttle provided

More tonight.

One more thing, people this is an interview for Gods sake dress like it!! Look at what Brett is wearing in picture, pants yes pants! I have never seen so many flip flops and shorts. Save them for sleeping in truck.

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Day 1, Arrival. flew in last night so no bus ride stories. Accommodation are just great. Seeing all the trucks here at the facility is making me more eager. You can check in as early as 6 am and I did at 7am. Walmart next door block away and gas station store across street if need something quick. Had roommate when I got here already so went next door to the holiday in to sit a table in there atrium and refresh my studying. Very quit and empty, heck they don't know your not staying there. Another can of beet juice to keep blood pressure down and ready for my 5:45 am wake up call. smile.gif

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Ok, headed to prime in the morning for sept 5th start. Fyi to anyone who got delayed and rescheduled,like I did, remember that your application has to be reapproved after 30 days even if you have been confirmed for reschedule. Luckily I called to verify and found this out 4 days before leaving.

I will try to post as often as I can because I know other post have helped me a lot.

Prior to today I have done the following recommendations from post:

1. Spread sheeted the top5 companies that met my needs eneded in tie prime and palmer. Gong Prime 2. Read the TT Book 3. Read hundreds if not thousands of post on TT 4. lost 60lbs. 30 years of office job I was very out of shape. 5. Drank 500 gallons of beet juice "yuck" get BP down. 6. went from no excersise to riding 16 miles a day on elipticle cycle 7 studied all the test i needed on TT 8. studied the state MO CDL book as well 9. Took TT test as well as MO CDL app test sveral times, HAZMAT as well

Thanks to TT and all posters for giving me a fighting chance at this. I would have been very unprepared if not for this site🙈

Prime September 5th

I was just posting this to see who is going to company sponsored training at prime on the 5th?

Brian, I am headed that way tomorrow. Start on the 5th.

Prime Inc. Agility Test

I know I researched this topic on depth and had trouble finding adequate answers, so I thought I'd post my experience today with Prime's agility test

Paul Thanks for the information, I am headed there for training Tuesday.

My update from the Prime Inc Tanker division

Icecold24K,

I am attending school 09/05/17 at prime. I am interested in Tankers. I have been wondering if the Prime tanker routes are long hauls like reefer or more regional? I want to travel coast to coast as much as possible. Thanks in advance for your input,

Can I take a Harley with me?

(I looked for this topic with no success. My apologies if redundant.)

I'm an avid Harley rider and am wondering if it is possible to take my bike with me somehow? It would be fantastic to get in some riding when the opportunity presented itself! :)

1501460570.3847.jpg

Prime or Jim Palmer

Been accepted by both Prime and Jim Palmer. Please help me decide which one and why!! Thanks guys!

Similar situation, spent months researching 15 companies to give myself best shot of finding a long term home. JP and Prime ended up #1 and #2 on my list. I called recruiter and apply at JP. Called me back 2 days later to say he received my application and without even reviewing it he was stating chances where slim 2 out of 500. Discouraged, I still waited a 14 days then contacted Prime. The recruiter very upbeat and informative. I applied to Prime. They called me back within 24 hours to IRS verify my self employment. Recruiter called me the next morning and said I was accepted to Prime school. All less than 60 hours.

You guessed it, the JP recruiter finally read my resume and called me 5 minutes after I got off the call from Prime. JP wanted to know when I could start. I kept my choice with Prime because I am a (Dance with the one that brung ya kinda person)

dancing.gif

SO Who did you choose?

Headed to Prime CDL training!

Headed to Prime CDL training. Was set for 08/05/2017 but a Root Canal benched me. Prime recruiter was concerned my followup would be in middle of training so kindly reset my entry to 09/05/2017.

I recently sold my business after 30 years and retired. At 53 years young I will be starting a new career. I want to thank the TT, it's creator and all members for the valuable information I used to pursue this path. I will document my path as to provide for the next persons journey.

A few of my friends and some of my Family members think I have lost mind but they also never understood why I would take off and ride my Harley all over the country for weeks and sometimes months at a time by myself for years. The mapping, planning, and road scenery have always been what I have enjoyed. It's hard to explain to them but clearly I read it and identify it when I see it in the post on this site. (say that sentence 3 times real fast)

Thanks Again,