Comments By Blake

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/roads.jpg avatar
  • Blake
  • Comments:

Got my new truck and have a few questions.

You're welcome.

Got my new truck and have a few questions.

Gotcha.

Got my new truck and have a few questions.

Congratulations on your graduation and upgrade. I take it your driving for Werner?

Werner accounts available near me.

If there is a Wenger driver here, can you tell me what accounts are available around zipcode 76542?

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Ain't that the truth! So spoke with Troops to Transportation Program today. Turns out I do have some GI Bill options to still use. So that will pay for my course. Wolding isn't on the associated carrier list for this Army program. The only company on the list that the truck goes home with you is Werner. They told me Schneider also but I called Schneider and recruiter stated on certain drivers get to take trucks home. Otherwise you park it at their nearest location they tell you.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Thanks for the info Patrick! I will look into Schneider. I'm in Texas right now, but plan on retiring in Georgia. I was hoping to land with a company that allows the truck to come home with me that I don't share with anyone else.

Both of those happen with Wolding. You can ask anyone here I love working for Wolding. Yes their pay is meh. But the intangibles more than make up for it.

Did they pay for your schooling and you hired on with them for a year or did you pay for schooling yourself?

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Well change 2000! Wife and I discussed retiring right here in Texas! Looking for house and land in country setting. I need at least 2 acres.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

The immediate company sponsored training here is Steven's. Everyone else wants your VA benefits and I found out why today. When I called to check on my GI Bill remaining months, I found out that even though the school is only 3 weeks, they're billing the VA for almost 4 months total time for training!

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Well spoke with VA and education center today. I am out of GI Bill months, so gonna have to figure another way to pay for trucking school.

Compliment

Congratulations on having a great company to work for. Here in TX right now with retirement planned in Georgia. Here in this area the big players are Stevens Transport and Werner.

Compliment

Patrick, who do you drive for if you don't mind me asking?

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

You're very welcome.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

I'm active duty military with 2yrs left to retirement. I plan on joining the trucking industry upon retirement. Been talking with my neighbor who's prior military and drives for Werner and is happy there on his dedicated route. Thank everyone here for the wealth of information and knowledge. I look forward to gaining more from everyone here.