Comments By Blake

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/roads.jpg avatar
  • Blake
  • Comments:

How do you do dishes on the road

Just found that Reynolds even has crock pot liners for cooking! That way you just trash the liner and no mess inside the crock pot.

How do you do dishes on the road

I meant like washing dishes. The drivers I know just use paper plates and plasticware. Lots of lunchmeat / sandwiches.

I never heard of anyone doing dishes on the road. Paper plates and plastic utensils seem like the easiest answer.

You never heard of using a crock pot, electric skillet or other things in a truck?

How do you do dishes on the road

What did you do before becoming a truck driver?

Active duty Soldier.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Took alot of time today thinking things over and doing some research on different companies. For me here in Texas, I've narrowed it down to Werner, Transport America, US Xpress and Schneider. US Xpress and Schneider offer military advantage program giving you credit for your time served in the military.

Got my first year in !

Congrats!

Athens Janitor Supply

So how did you put her in there?

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Spoke to CFI today. They are here in Texas and truck goes home with toy if you don't live near terminal. When I asked the recruiter what was their distance mileage from the terminal that decided if the truck went home with you or you parked it where they designated, she asked me,"What do you mean?"

Re-introducing myself

Hope it all works out for you!

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Spoke with Roehl. For dedicated routes you do not get your own truck, you slip seat.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Thanks Old School. I will look at Roehl.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Yeah if you don't have at least 19yrs, it's just your med board very percentage and your done.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Yeah but you know 2yrs out is when we start ACAP process. I'm not one of those that processes 100 different things. I zero in on what I want to do and focus on that. Gives me plenty of time to lay everything on the sand table.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Yeah that's what I noticed also. I think the closest company to me that will have what I'm looking for is Werner. They have two terminals here, reginal/dedicated routes and take home truck.

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Parking won't be a problem. House with 2 acres I've got more than enough room. To include a full surveillance system (I own my own security company). We'll be between Killeen and Austin TX area. I really want a Regional or dedicated. If I do otr, I would like it to be 7 days out then home time ya know.

Stevens, Knight, Stevens, Knight

Does Knight allow the truck to go home with you or does it get parked where they say?

Here we go again...

That should read," research a cdl school."

Here we go again...

If you can, research a call school that's maybe longer so that you have more time. My school is five weeks long instead of the normal three.

I'm officially hired!

Congratulations!

New to the forum,wanted to say thank you.

Been looking at Wolding Patrick. Since we plan on staying and residing in Texas, looking at their hiring map the closest region for me would be Southeast. Going to give the recruiting team a call to see what they would offer me living in Texas with the closest drop site being in Alabama.