Profile For RealDiehl

RealDiehl's Info

Woodstown, NJ

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year, 7 months ago

RealDiehl's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

RealDiehl's Photo Gallery

Posted:  21 hours, 49 minutes ago

11000 lbs one piece

Looks like they had to extend the counterbalance on that forklift.

Posted:  1 day ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

CBTs...ugh. my least favorite part about watching CBTs...watching CBTs. Unfortunately you will have to watch them all again when you upgrade! wtf.gif

Sounds like you have a terrific attitude about things. Even the Greyhound didn't bring you down. I wanted to throttle someone after my marathon trip. smile.gif

Stay positive, and good luck!

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Jury Duty

I'm going to try to get excused. But if I have to show up, I'll let Prime know. This is for a case in Salem County, NJ. Not much excitement there. Someone probably had their dairy cow stolen. Lol!

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Jury Duty

RD, if the plaintiff's attorney is the Hammer, you will definitely be excused.

"Big Truck Injury? Call The Hammer!" I'm probably not the only one who flips-off those Billboards...

Three times for me. Each time I called the clerk and told them I was an OTR truck driver and there wasn't anyway for me to be there. Each time they told me don't worry about it we will take you out of our list.

I can't say this will work for everyone, but it has worked for me.

I hope I get a similar response.

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Jury Duty

I received a jury duty notification in the mail. Have any of you received such notification while OTR? How did you handle/respond to it?

Posted:  1 day, 21 hours ago

Recap Question

I know, so I was just joking around with you. Did you make the delivery?

Not yet, my friend. Tonight is the night I was concerned about. I have about 3hrs 15min until midnight. It turns out I'm less than 270 miles away. I will still leave before midnight though. It should be all good...

Posted:  2 days, 1 hour ago

Recap Question

Yes, you’ll get them back, as Sid posted. Yes, it is silly, RD. It is a great teachable moment, though.smile.gif

People can learn a little something and be amused at the same time. Bonus! Lol.

Thanks for the responses...

Posted:  2 days, 9 hours ago

Recap Question

This might sound silly...

Let's say I have 3 hours left on my 70 and I get back 10 hours at midnight. If I start driving at 22:00 will I automatically receive those hours, or do I have to be off duty to get them? I have a situation like this tomorrow night. I will need to leave before midnight in order to make my appointment.

Posted:  4 days, 18 hours ago

Career Interruption.

I'm glad you will still be hanging with the group. It is more like an otr family away from home actually. And obviously nobody wants to lose a family member.

Posted:  5 days, 11 hours ago

Recently deleted topic

The

underperforming malcontents

Sounds like a great name for a punk rock band, Bruce!

Posted:  5 days, 14 hours ago

Transmission Question

I'll give it a try on a safe stretch of road. On this model it looks like you push in a button at the end of the wand to engage manual then push the wand forward+ or pull it-. Thanks ya'll. I'm still going to ask if the shift points are where they are supposed to be.

Posted:  5 days, 14 hours ago

Transmission Question

Manual mode... Looks like it is an option but I've never had the option on my other trucks and I'm not sure how to use it. Can it be turned on and off while moving? I don't want to mess up the transmission doing something stupid. I wonder why they train people on one truck and throw them into a different type when they go solo. In some ways it's a big adjustment.

Posted:  5 days, 14 hours ago

Transmission Question

I'm in a 2018 international automatic and its shifting is bugging me. I don't know if it is normal for an International to not want to shift until it hits 1500 rpm. This is a problem on roads where speeds are 35, 45, 55. The stubborn thing wont shift into a higher gear at these speeds. It just sits around 1400rpm and guzzles my fuel. I have to accelerate a couple miles an hour above those speeds before it will shift, then bring it down to the speed limit. Very annoying! Also when I resume the cruise at 58mph it sometimes wont shift into 10th unless I turn the cruise control off.

In contrast, the Freightliners seem perfectly happy to shift at 1200rpm if you let up even a little bit on the accelerator.

Is this just the way Internationals are or is there a problem with the transmission?

Posted:  5 days, 16 hours ago

Living in the Truck

Bruce 4 mos.

I still took lots of 34 breaks OTR.

Yes, force is the word. I told her that as soon as I can claim she is crazy and forgetful, I will pack her stuff up and move it. She said "You might drive a big truck but you cant drive any truck, like a rental". Yes Mom, Class A stands for ANY truck.

I told her I will just move her and then convince her she is still in Jersey. The tornadoes and God fearing Christian Republicans are the only real differences. The stores and climates are similar.

embarrassed.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Trucking Truth "Guilty as Charged"

Best of luck to you, Anthony! I hope you use the time you have before starting orientation to study pre trip and permit questions. It will make things easier for you.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Clock Management Question.

On your ELD, there should be a screen or a tab where you can view your previous eight days of service. Go to that screen and look at the eighth day, that is the hours you will be getting back for your recap hours. Example: Start driving on the first day of a month, drive for eight straight days. On the ninth of the month at midnight, you will get back the hours you used for driving/on duty status from day one. The only time this will change is if you take a 34 hour reset. Help?

It's amazing how simple that is, yet my annoying brain was trying to make it harder. I was trying to subtract the 8th day's hours from 14 to determine my hours. Lol! It seems obvious now that I compare what I'll be getting back to the "8 days" screen. They are the same. Why the heck I was trying to complicate things is a mystery. This is basic stuff. Thank you for clearing that up for me. One day I'll change my status to "veteran driver" but for now, "rookie solo" is fitting.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Clock Management Question.

What is minimal hours back on your up coming days? If you have at least 8 hours coming back most days I would get to my delivery early. Unless, I am ready for a reset. Then I will enjoy it.

After tonight's 10 I get 2 back tomorrow night. I know that because the QC shows it. Beyond that I confess I'm not sure how to figure out what I'm getting back. My on duty hours show +/- 10 hours on those days. Is that what is coming back to me? In that case my hours are not "minimal" (aside from tomorrow) and I'm a fool for saying so. My FM said it was preferable for me to be moving but, since I'd have to kill a chunk of time waiting for midnight tonight, I might as well finish up my reset.

RD, this is probably too late to help, but I always view my 34 reset as a 24 reset because I always arrange to take it in conjunction with a 10 hr DOT break.

So even if you have 6 hrs driving time left on your 70 hr clock, but you need to take your 10, it can be better to sacrifice that 6 hours, take a 10 hour break, add a 24 hour break, thereby getting a complete reset in.

If you can do this and still make your appointment, you are ahead of the game.

Thx. That is exactly what I'm doing. If I could have made it to my delivery in 6 hours I would have driven it. If i left at 01:00 this morning I would have driven 6+ hours, stopped, and then I would have had to wait until midnight to get some hours back. But I would be available for another load sooner than I will be now after taking a 34.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Clock Management Question.

I appreciate all your input. I'll be getting minimal hours back each day. As of now I don't have any sort of preplan. I will request a reset unless my FM has other plans for me.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Clock Management Question.

I just finished my day today, the 9th at 15:00. I have 7 hours left on my 70 and get zero back at midnight. Tomorrow midnight I get 10. I am about 9-10 hours away from my delivery. Delivery is scheduled for any time on the 11th. My FM said I could deliver ASAP. I was thinking of driving 6+ hours tomorrow, shutting down, and waiting until midnight to head to delivery. However, if I stay here for 34 hours, I will reset my 70 and still be able to deliver by 14:00 on the 11th. I hope I explained everything clearly. What would you suggest? I'm waiting to hear from my FM but I'd also like other opinions.

And if I'm missing something obvious here, please be kind. Lol

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Unusual Or Embarrassing Injuries

Have any of you been injured in a strange or embarrassing way while in your truck? I don't mean bumping your head (I do that several times a day).

For example, i had to repower a load for a driver today (which Rainy correctly predicted when I sent her the load info). I didn't know why until I met him at the TA near Erie, PA. When he gingerly exited his truck I knew something was wrong with him. I asked him if he was alright. He proceeded to carefully roll up his pant leg and reveal a very painful looking cluster of large, angry blisters. He had been making coffee and the pot had tipped and spilled all over his right leg.