Profile For RealDiehl

RealDiehl's Info

Woodstown, NJ

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year, 5 months ago

RealDiehl's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

RealDiehl's Photo Gallery

Posted:  8 hours, 24 minutes ago

Solo almost a month

Trip planning doesn't always work for me...but I'm learning.

...And now you're teaching!

Posted:  1 day, 4 hours ago

Ok CB poll

Cobra 29. Question about Prime: Will Prime allow you to mount antennae on your truck? Will they hook up your CB for you at a terminal?

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

What is the strangest thing you've seen?

0560769001553374393.jpg

rofl-1.gif

Posted:  5 days, 9 hours ago

Move over for ALL stopped vehicles

It always startles me when cars suddenly appear on the shoulder at night with no lights on. Very difficult to see. But I do move over for everything I can see.

Posted:  5 days, 10 hours ago

Slipped up today

I had two hard braking incidents with US Xpress. One my FM called me the next day and just gave me a verbal warning to stay aware. It was on a freeway and coming over a hill where traffic had stopped. If I had been looking up ahead to the next hill I would have seen the brake lights sooner. I had another incident similar to yours with the light change. I saw the lights on the camera blinking so I knew it triggered the recording. Two days later after not receiving a call, I asked my FM about it. He said all recordables are reviewed by safety but, if the incident wasn't severe or a careless type of error, the safety team would not forward it to the FM to discuss with the driver.

Posted:  5 days, 19 hours ago

Game: How Do You Motivate Yourself?

According to some posts, relation to where you are Ms Rainy is what motivates some.

😁😁😁

rofl-2.gif

DOT Officer: "looks like you didn't log a pre trip inspection today."

Me: "but officer, my GPS tracker showed Rainy only 20 miles away. I had to get outta there quick..."

Posted:  5 days, 20 hours ago

Game: How Do You Motivate Yourself?

Although this might come off as sounding self-centered, believe me I'm not. I try to imagine myself as a link in a chain (the most important link at that). Or maybe a runner in a relay race. The other links - or runners - have their own tasks to perform but, without the driver it all falls apart. Imagining I'm a vital part of the process motivates me to do my best. Coffee too...in fact coffee might be the most important link in the chain.

Posted:  5 days, 20 hours ago

Called a driver complaint in

Today marks my 6th year anniversary as a Swift driver. End of May will be my 6th year on the Walmart Dedicated account.

Congratulations, G-Town!

Posted:  5 days, 20 hours ago

Testing out to go solo

Way to go! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your experiences on the road.

Posted:  1 week ago

Heading out on the road tomorrow

Good luck to you, Chris. Keep us posted.

Posted:  1 week ago

The power of positive reinforcement

Great lesson! Perfect timing too.

Posted:  1 week ago

Secret Schneider drop yard?

Thanks to Junkyard Dog for shedding more light on this topic.

Very familiar with Wintersville DC. Used to be one of my dedicated runs. Spent many a day/night at a little truck stop down the road from there...

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Called a driver complaint in

On my way home from work in my personal vehicle I dealt with quite an aggressive driver. Normally I'm understanding to truck drivers, but when I'm doing 67 in a 65 and I look in my mirror and all i can see is your grill? That's BS.

I was on I80/I35 north of des moines and in center lane. Traffic wasn't too heavy and I was passing a different truck on right who also had other cars in front of him. This guy behind me had to have been within a foot of my back bumper. I ended up speeding up quite a bit just to get away from him then he laid on the horn as he passed me. Thankfully he had the "hows my driving" sticker on the trailer. I kept my distance but called it in. Most times truck drivers are looked at in a negative light by the public and crap like this doesnt help. There is absolutely no room for that kind of behavior. I don't expect anything to happen to him besides being talked to but atleast its documented so if it's a complaint they get numerous times they can deal with him accordingly.

That annoys me! Just because a driver is going 70 does not mean everyone else needs to speed up to accommodate him/her. Unless the left lane was closed to trucks he could have moved over to pass.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Secret Schneider drop yard?

Seen one like this near Chambersburg, PA too.

They are taking over. wtf.gifrofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Secret Schneider drop yard?

My trainer and I were trying to figure out what was going on here. Thanks for clearing things up, Jaime.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Secret Schneider drop yard?

At a pilot near Youngstown, OH. All these Schneider trailers taking up space. Looks like a great place to wait for the Great Pumpkin. I know at least some are loaded because I can see the seals. Just wondering what's up...repowers?

0285930001552862074.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Sitting

That stinks, Mik. If you haven't put yourself in sleeper (like Old School was saying) maybe you can go back and edit your duty status to show Sleeper Berth. That way if you ate there for over 8 you won't have to lose all those hours.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Sitting

Where was your pick up, Mik? I spent the night at Petro in Gary, IN and gps tracker showed you 2 miles away.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Prime Training starting 2/18 SLC

Blue eyed ones arent much safer lol

shocked.png

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

JoAnne?

It’s quite possible Rainy just didn’t have any vacancies at the time. We don’t know how big her “terminal” facility is.

Scary thought!