Profile For RealDiehl

RealDiehl's Info

Woodstown, NJ

Experienced Driver

2 years, 3 months ago

RealDiehl's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

RealDiehl's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 3

Posted:  1 day ago

Quote of the Day from the Diary Section - A "Must" Read

I like it! Thanks for sharing.

Posted:  1 day ago

Trainer kicked me off the truck tonight!

Here’s the picture of the tire

Some people actually find it easier to back a truck than to post a pic here. I had my struggles with both.smile.gif

Click the preview tab before posting to double check if your pic loaded. If you see the pic you are good to go.

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Prime TNT Question

Woohoo! Going to California.

"Someone told me there's a girl out there,

With love in her eyes and...

Posted:  4 days, 15 hours ago

Behind Enemy Lines

Be careful them FedEx drivers are a strange bunch.

If you hear a banjo start running!

rofl-2.gif

You may have to sacrifice the trainee. Save yourself.

rofl-1.gif

Ok, PackRat. Forget the navy seals. I'll settle for you on a unicycle with a rocket launcher and a sack full of grenades.

Posted:  4 days, 17 hours ago

Behind Enemy Lines

I infiltrated the FedEx facility in Syracuse, NY. If you dont hear from me in 24 hours send a S.E.A.L. team!

smile.gifshocked.png0989690001578942935.jpg

Posted:  5 days, 1 hour ago

Prime TNT Question

My student, who is exceptional btw...I had him for PSD and we hit the road running team immediately, definitely wants more miles.

We were spoiled during December. I dont mind having a student (I get along with). Also, I am making more money than when solo. I wish I could say I was making enough solo to make the difference negligible. $1800 average would be fine with me.

Posted:  5 days, 4 hours ago

Prime TNT Question

Talk to Teresa about it. She may be keeping you i the northeast for a reason.... but you make no money training doing that. a fast "Maybe training isnt worth it for.me if this is normal".. the threat of not training gives you results. lol

Definitely gonna ask her about it. I didn't want to bug her until I got some feedback from other drivers' about their TNT experience. Last two full weeks were 2,600ish and 3,100ish total miles. Those are solo numbers.

Thanks, Kearsey!

Posted:  5 days, 10 hours ago

Prime TNT Question

I definitely think the problem is you, RD!

You should quit there and come on over to CFI.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks, Turtle!

Look at that...PackRat is not only churning out big miles and maintaining an awesome diary, he is moonlighting in the CFI recruiting department too! I hope he is fitting some sleep somewhere into that busy schedule.

shocked.png

Just came off home time. Had a 1300 pickup today at Hello Fresh in Newark, NJ for 23:15 delivery tonight in Ohio. Preplan for next load: 1600 tomorrow in ohio. Too much time!

Load ended up being cancelled after sitting in Newark for 6 hours. New load: 0600 tomorrow, picking up in Linden, NJ. I'm going to try to be patient but I wish business would hurry up and get its butt in gear again.

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

Prime TNT Question

My student and I have been in the TNT phase (team driving with student) since around Thanksgiving. Right up until Christmas we were getting long, country crossing loads. Since Christmas we have been stuck in the Northeast. The loads are shorter and often we get a series of loads that a solo driver can do. There have been many times I haven't had to drive for 2 days because my student was able to get a 10 hour break between shifts.

My question for any of you that are currently in TNT or have been a student or trainer during the TNT phase is, "Is this normal?" Should I be asking why we have been getting short loads with so much time between loads?

When I was with my trainer after transferring to Prime, the majority of our loads had lots of miles on them. I'm just wondering what's going on here?

Posted:  6 days, 14 hours ago

What would you do? (Icy roads)

This purely how I would do it. Not what may or may not be the correct way:

If the traffic is light and you have a good amount of space around you, I say keep creeping along until you get to a parking area.

Stay safe, brother!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

New Driver Disqualification (Suspension)

Welcome, Matthew! I dont know the policies of all the companies that offer paid training or how they would react to the issue of your suspension. You should call as many company recruiters as you can and ask them about it. You might get a lot of rejections but, if you keep at it, you might get lucky and find a company willing to overlook your prior suspension. Prime is considered very picky about whom they choose to hire.

You said they want you to wait a year before applying, right? Well if you can get hired by another company, you can pass that year gaining experience and earning money at the same time. Then if you still want to drive for Prime you can apply. That is pretty much how I ended up driving for Prime. I was originally rejected by them, then after a year with another company I reapplied and was hired.

You can send out an application to multiple companies at once by filling out the required information here: Apply For Paid CDL Training

This will allow you to throw several hooks in the water and see if anyone bites. Even if you aren't accepted by a company that was high on your list, you can still get your CDL and valuable experience by committing to another company for a year.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Loses appeal: Walmart ordered to pony up $54 million to drivers

...as always, in the end the lawyers win.

Popcorn Emogi? Anyone?

Excellent point. I always wonder about how many of these types of frivolous cases would ever see litigation if it weren't for the lawyers pulling strings in order to line their own pockets.

You see this in many divorce cases. The former couple could most likely come to a reasonable agreement if left on their own to work things out. But the lawyers make money the longer the case is drawn out. It makes you wonder for whose best interest they are fighting.

Sorry. Stepping off my soapbox now...

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

So would the guard or office personnel inform you that you shouldn't deliver early? We got a couple notices about not delivering early but when we got there and asked they said it was fine, all d&h not live unloads. Thank you for all the time and energy this will take Packrat!!

Good question because on the delivery I referred to above, I called Walmart first and they told me i could bring it in early. Not sure what the guards at the gate would have said.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Forced dispatch?

Even if I had a choice (which I dont) I'd take the load. It makes you look good when you step up and take a load nobody wants. You might earn some points with dispatch for that. Like others have said, if you need to shut down for safety let dispatch know. It shouldn't reflect negatively on you if you have to shut down. Besides, you have just shown you are willing to take a load nobody wants. That should count for something, right?

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

I've only come across a possible service failure for delivering early with Walmart. One day I sent my FM a message saying I was going to be delivering early on a drop/hook to Walmart (16:00). I was told i have to wait until after midnight otherwise walmart would issue some kind of penalty fee to Prime for the early delivery. Strange.

Looking forward to reading about PackRat's OTR adventures...

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Asking for prayers! REALLY need them.

RealDiehl said:

I enjoy history and true crime. Plenty of those podcasts out there to keep my mind stimulated.

Jamie mentioned he enjoys True Crime Podcasts. Said he searched for a while to find the right series and voice actors. I'm sure he'd be happy to share!

smile.gif

"Casefile" is my favorite. I've listened to all of them already. SKB (serial killer brain) is good too. Just not many episodes of that available though. Started listening to Obscura recently. I like the ones that dont try to be humorous.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Yearly Pay Numbers for 2019

This is what I made in my first full year of trucking.

0314758001578185178.jpg

I did the maths, and if I had been making the rate I am now since the first of January 2019, my total gross would have been approxamately $103,000.

Currently I'm not working nearly as many hours, nor do I want to - though that might happen again come summer time. My goal is to work less and get paid approxamately the same. I had a really really short week on hours this week, and got ~$1300. That's still around $67,600 a year, which is a minimum, so I think that's good enough.

You said, "maths" with an s. Are you from the UK, Yuuyo? Or do folks in WI say maths too? Just curious.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Goofball Passed Away Today...Trucking with Pets

You have my deepest sympathy, Kearsey. Goofball seemed like a wonderful companion and friend. Although you did the driving, as a cat, I'm sure he thought he was King Of The Road!

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Reefers

Some people tell us they love the reefer noise and can't sleep without it.

There are some folks that love hyenas, too.

rofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Some people do enjoy the noise and vibration while sleeping. I'm one of them. Think about it like sleeping next to a 2,000 pound housecat purring through the amplifiers of a heavy metal concert sound system.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Yearly Pay Numbers for 2019

shocked.png

Thanks for pointing that out, Turtle. There are so many things listed on the checks that I get confused sometimes (a common state of mind for me).

smile.gif