Comments By RealDiehl

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0765123001551375736-75543.jpg avatar
  • RealDiehl
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

While Waiting For Next Load

I told my FM 3 months in "i need to be preplanned. i can't sleep without a load. im afraid i will sleep through the message, and it is making me unsafe."

I am preplanned 98% of the time, even through weekends and holidays now.

On the few times i needed to bolt..i tell him "heading west toward Gary IN to park". that allows him to find me a load in that direction. it doesnt always work out, but most times it does

Being reefer, my other options are to go washout and fill the reefer. So i message "heading for washout please fuel me at XWYZV"

then i get on their radar

That's great...head for a washout and send msg. That's where I am right now. Pre plans would be great. I'll run it by my FM.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

While Waiting For Next Load

RealDiehl's idle mind:

Lol! I see what ya did there. smile.gif

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

While Waiting For Next Load

Problem solved...just got a load! Still, I'd like to see what other drivers do in this situation.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

While Waiting For Next Load

So here I sit on the side of the road. Probably not supposed to be here but, I'm not sure where i should be going. You see, I just got unloaded and I've yet to receive another assignment. I couldn't wait at the place I was unloaded and the nearest truck stop I can find is 20 miles away. I have this dilemma whenever I'm unloaded at a place that I cant hang around and wait at. "What if 5 minutes from now I get my next load and I'm heading in the wrong direction?" "What if I sit on the side of the road and my next assignment doesn't drop on me for 2 hours?"

What do you all do in these situations? I know it's not that big of a problem. I just get frustrated by my own indecision sometimes. I'll probably stay here for ten minutes and if I dont get a load I'll drive to the nearest truck stop.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

How long do you think this guy will have a CDL?

I can recommend a good dash cam for ya. I bought a garmin 45 from pilot. If you want to record something you just hold a button on the camera for a second and it will save all footage from 3 minutes before you pressed the button. Basically, if you see something you want to record, wait until the incident is over (if less than 3 minutes) then hold the save button to save it. You can play it on your phone later via bluetooth or upload it if you want.

0711113001560791665.jpg

The Garmin 55 is voice activated

Ok Garmin, save video ( or take a picture)

Oh, wow! That would make it even easier to capture video of drivers doing unsafe things.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Truck safety group urges purges of drug abuse drivers

R.D. sneaks this in:

Someone distract Mr. Errol V. while I steal a handful of his popcorn.

Trucking Truth is a BYOPc operation. You need the bring your own.

rofl-3.gif

embarrassed.gif

Someone distract Mr. Errol V. while I steal a handful of his popcorn.

Even if distracted, I suspect Errol's keen Spidey-sense will be on you like a tarp on a woodpile.

rofl-1.gif

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Truck safety group urges purges of drug abuse drivers

Thanks for the great debate. It's nice to be able to learn something from sources with different opinions without insults being hurled by those involved. TRUCKING TRUTH wins again!

Someone distract Mr. Errol V. while I steal a handful of his popcorn.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

How long do you think this guy will have a CDL?

0711113001560791665.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Refer on steroids

I never had one that guzzled fuel like that. I've had a few that were really loud. One was a beast. It rumbled and vibrated like you wouldn't believe. When it kicked on while in the sleeper I swear I thought the vibrations were going to steadily bounce me onto the floor while I slept.

Good thing trucks come with a safety net for bottom bunk! rofl-3.gifrofl-3.gif

rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Refer on steroids

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Why when I back.

I do the same thing. Even at a truck stop when you can somewhat judge where you need to stop by looking at the trucks next to you.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

A Turnpike Trap

RD, I've seen a Richard Diehl, truck out of PA a couple times. You know those guys/that guy?

No. Diehl is a common name in parts of PA. Lots of German immigrants settled in the area back in the early 1800's.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

A Turnpike Trap

A good example of what not to do, and what to do when you ought not to have done what you done did!

Reading this gave me a headache. Lol.

I actually made this same mistake, but I was lacking at the service plaza because I didn't have enough time to go anywhere else. Delivered to the same Walmart DC and everything. rofl-1.gif

Probably 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The trap has claimed many victims...

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

A Turnpike Trap

I fell into what I'm calling a "turnpike trap" yesterday. I got unloaded in Bedford, PA and my hours were dwindling. I left the customer and I got back on the turnpike because there was a rest area I passed on the way to my delivery that was only 5 minutes away. When the load assignment came the directions said I needed to go East on the turnpike. Of course I was at a plaza on the Westbound side. The next exit I could turn around at was over 20 miles away and the turning around part was a pain in the neck - narrow streets and such. It cost me at least an hour of drive time to get back where i needed to be. Lesson learned: dont take breaks on the turnpike unless you know which direction you're going to need to go.

Furthermore, after I had picked up my next load and traveled to a truck stop near the delivery location, i didn't have time to take a full 10 hour break. I was however able to utilize an 8/2 split (my first premeditated 8/2). After reviewing Rainy's helpful PDF on my phone, "Simplifying the 8/2 split", I took 8 at the truck stop, drove 15 miles to delivery, and took 2 while being unloaded. Soooooo nice!

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

New truck :)

That looks sweet, dude! I hope it treats you right.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

A reminder about who we are and what we do

grow.a.pair@cry-me-a-river.com

I'm going to forward this address to all members of Congress.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Spaceman Spiff

Who's next?

Todd The Troll!rofl-3.gif

rofl-1.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Spaceman Spiff

I forgot to mention...Contrary to popular belief, flatbedders do possess good table manners and they communicate with words - not grunts - the same as us door swingers. Shocking, I know. smile.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Spaceman Spiff

I was late to the party because they dragged me in for a random drug test as soon as I got to the terminal (you're right, it might have been because of the tie-dye shirt, Spaceman). It was a pleasure meeting Spaceman and Turtle. Bonus: Turtle and his deep pockets paid for dinner! Turtle has the pics. It's up to him to post them.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Spaceman Spiff

I'm about 85 miles out. Eta is looking like 1800. I'll post when I arrive.