Comments By RealDiehl

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0765123001551375736-75543.jpg avatar
  • RealDiehl
  • 1 year, 6 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

I'm Back From My Trip

Upon your return, as you drove through the virtual gates of the virtual Trucking Truth gated cyber-community, if you happened to see a large group of people running from G-Town's mansion - you know. Up on the hill, near the other moderator's estates - well...we were just gathering to discuss the finer points of bridge law. Yes. That's what was going on.

Sarcasm? Humor masquerading as an insult.

Other than my exchange with Bruce (the storyteller) what’s the issue RealDiehl?

My replies to you and Splitter about state KingPin law (not Bridge Law which is federal) were respectful, carrier agnostic (applies to all carriers) and I thought helpful.

I volunteer here...happy to resign as moderator and from the forum entirely if my services are no longer relevant and unfortunately ruffle too many delicate feathers.

G-town,

Insult? No way, my friend. I have way too much respect for you and you've always given great advice. Because of your no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is manner (with a sprinkling of great humor at times) I chose you as the host of this fictitious "gathering", because it's unlikelihood added to the humor of the scene.

In fact this little made up scene first came to me several days ago when someone mentioned, in a response to Brett's absence, something about "dad being away".

There was no attempt to make fun of you or disrespect you...or to call attention to your frustration with another forum member. All that petty crap might linger in some minds but, not mine certainly.

I fear I have weakened a link in the chain of trust between me, as a forum member who relies on your advice, and you, a moderator who offers advice. I hope you can accept my apology. Using your name was the wrong thing to do. I also can see how you might have come to the conclusion I was making a more veiled statement regarding my recent Weight Issues post and some of the responses therein. I do not operate that way.

And please don't even think about leaving the forum.

I wish there was a way to keep this response private. This is a personal message to you. Nobody need comment on it, please.

I grant permission for Brett to give you my email if you would like to contact me privately.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

Must have been quite an adventure. Can't wait to see the pics.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

CMV Weight Issues

Do you count from the front towards the back or what?

Yep. First hole is furthest one forward. "Slide 'em up" = move towards a lower numbered hole. "Slide 'em back" = move to a higher hole number.

I honestly thought this hole-counting thing was universal. US Xpress was the same (or at least that's the way my former trainer taught me). He was not a Trucking Truth member though. Lol

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Omg, locked my keys in my truck again

Jamie, stop doing that!

I have:

1). Ignition switch key on it's ownkey chain

2). Truck key and lock* key on retractable cord belt attachment thing

3). Truck key and lock key on caribiner clip on opposite side of belt, along with my Leatherman

4). Flat truck key in wallet

5). Truck key and lock key clipped in my shower bag

6). Truck key and lock key clipped in my laundry bag

7). Truck key in magnetic case under cab

Overkill? Well...I am not going to get locked out :-)

*I have a Warlock set with padlocks, brake cuff lock, gladhand lock, and kingpin lock all keyed alike.

Rainy is looking to employ someone like you to stand guard outside her dungeon. Only requirement is to look menacing while carrying a bunch of keys. rofl-3.gif

All kidding aside, it looks like you got all your bases covered. Good advice.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Still finishing up

Yes...Congratulations and good luck to ya, Spaceman! I hope you are able to enjoy the experience while learning.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Well, my rookie mistake finally happened

I hope all my future mistakes are similar to yours. I admire the way you used your head and executed sound judgement. That's a great lesson you passed on to anyone who reads this.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

CMV Weight Issues

what are the weights on the other axles?

Oh, man. I forget exactly, Mike. Roughly 11,200 and 31,500. If you are now going to ask why I didn't slide the tandems further back to make it legal, it's because they were slid back as far as legally possible in the state/states I was driving through. If not, sorry for assuming, buddy.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

CMV Weight Issues

And thanks, Plan B for the ambiguously dirty explanation. I'm sure we'll all feel a little more awkward now talking about tandem positioning.

embarrassed.gifembarrassed.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

CMV Weight Issues

You obviously need to get about 1000 pounds off your tandems. Is sliding them back not an option?

Sorry for the lack of all necessary information, Susan and Big Scott. I hope Splitter's explanations cleared things up for everyone.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

CMV Weight Issues

Update: if you bet the under you won. Do not see me for payouts. I'm outta here...

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

CMV Weight Issues

How far is your destination? Scales are usually closed late at night and on weekends.smile.gif

About 550 miles. I believe you are trying to tempt me to join the dark side, Darth Vader. Lol! Believe me, I thought about it but, with my luck...no way.

If its Tyson then all bets are off. It took them over 36 hours to get my trailer loaded in Temperanceville, VA. Hope you have better luck.

At Sanderson Farms in Moultrie, GA. Good news is someone just showed up to shift things around.

You could just try a few hard stops. That ought to take care of it. smile.gif

rofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

That is truly the Old School solution.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

CMV Weight Issues

Not good. Just picked up a chicken load (drop n hook). Total weight is 79,000. Weight on tandems is 35,360...and it's in the 12th hole. It's the weekend and nobody is here to rearrange the load. They said they'll call someone to come in... For you gamblers; any bets on how long that will take. The over/under is 2 hours.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Omg, locked my keys in my truck again

I've already found one that the previous driver of my truck left under the hood. Although if I could find it, maybe it wasn't hidden well enough!

That's the part of the pre trip they don't teach you at school.

Yeah, Jaimie, a key on a lanyard around the neck is a must for me. It's part of my wardrobe.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Question for you men.....

The turtle has been reading too much Dr Seuss methinks.

rofl-2.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

I ran over a kitchen sink!

That's a wild video, Neek! Looks like you had pipes and everything flying at you.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

DOT physical turns ugly

That's lousy news, Bruce. I can understand the frustration you must be dealing with. I hope you can get back in the driver's seat soon.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Game: funny town names

Tuckahoe, near the South Jersey shore. Any guesses on what we called it growing up?

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

God's gift to trucking...

Nice post Rainy, where's Daniel?

rofl-1.gif

rofl-3.gif

Kind words, Daniel. I'm sure your Ms. "God's Gift" will be overjoyed with the fact you have chosen to share your praise here. Learn all you can and make her proud!

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Car haul update

RD, don't do it! Don't change jobs again! Lol.

smile.gif

No worries. Not looking for another job, just looking to satisfy my curiosity.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Car haul update

How does a driver get into the car hauling business? Did you have a lengthy training process? Do you actually have to drive the cars on and off the trailer yourself?