Profile For Brett

Brett 's Info

Northern Michigan , MI

Experienced Driver

2 years ago

Brett 's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  3 months ago

Retired Engineer wants to get into OTR Trucking, but having no success.

I was out of work for about 3 years also, due to health issues. I got hired by Veriha Trucking out of Marinette Wisconsin. They are a good company and have different driving options, as far as how long you want to stay out on the road. They just added an entertainment division, where you go on tour with bands/artist hauling gear for concert/shows

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Wil-Trans or Jim Palmer Trucking

You should look into Veriha Trucking out of Marinette Wisconsin. They have their own school, and run mostly Midwest and North Eastern states. They are willing to work with you, and have different driving options, like out weekly,local, and out 12-14 days. They are big on getting you home when you are supposed to be home.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

2018 Best Fleets To Drive For

One other quick note about Veriha, is that they offer a guarantee pay. So if you had a down week on miles, like truck break down, or something, then they will pay you to compensate for the lost miles. It use to be 2000 miles, so if you had less than 2000 miles they would pay you for 2000 miles. They just changed that from 2000 miles, to what you have been averaging. So let's say, you only drove 2000 miles in a week, but you normally average 2800-3000 miles,then they will pay you for what you've been averaging. So that's kinda cool.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

2018 Best Fleets To Drive For

I just accepted my first truck driving job, with Veriha Trucking out of Marinette Wisconsin. I went to a local truck driving school,here in Northern Michigan, and I got my CDL License on January 10th. But they do have there own CDL School. I am leaving this Tuesday 13th for orientation. They are paying for a rental car,for me to drive there,and they are also paying for my hotel room. The paid orientation is for 2-3 days, then they are renting me another car to drive back home,for the weekend. And then I will be meeting up with my trainer,on Monday February 19th, here Michigan. There over the road training with the trainer will be 4-5 weeks. There OTR time out is 12-14 days out, then 3 days off. They also offer 5 days out and 2 days off. Since where I live in Northern Michigan, the 5 day out gig is not available to me, but that's fine with me,because I want to stay out longer than 5 days at a time. During training they pay $100 a day, and once you get out on your own, the starting pay for new drivers is 36-38 cpm. They are starting me out at 38cp. They also have quarterly safety bonus,but I dont6kno the story with that yet. You do have to sign a 1 yr contract, and if you break the contract, you have to pay them. But It is pro rated the longer you are them within the first year. If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask. I'm just starting out, so I don't know everything about them. But everything I have heard about them,has been really positive. I did talk to one of there drivers,when I was going to CDL SCHOOL. He went to the same school I went to. I've heard from him and also other drivers, that they are really good about getting you home when you are supposed to be. I am pretty sure they only pull dry van, they ha bright yellow Frieghtliners, which I think are all 10 speeds. I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life. Like I said if anyone has any questions, I'll try ad answer them. If I don't know the answer, I'll try and find the answer for you. I'll keep you posted,on how things are going, once I get some time under my belt, on new thread. Stay safe everyone!!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Passed my state Exam

Thank you everyone, for all congratulations. It was a little stressful, I did really good on the driving part, and I know I'm just learning the basics, and I have a ton to learn still. The pre trip was a little overwhelming, but I studied hard and I did just fine. Thank you Old School!! I know, I still have a long ways to go, but, I can't wait to get handed the keys to my own truck.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Passed my state Exam

I finished Truck Driving School last Friday, and I passed my Michigan State Exam on Wednesday. I want to say thank you to Brett, and the members of this awesome site. I've learned a lot of valuable information from this website to get me through all my training. Thanks again!!

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Speak Directly With A Recruiter From PAM/Driver Solutions

Hey Derek, thank you for checking into for me, I really appreciate it.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Speak Directly With A Recruiter From PAM/Driver Solutions

Derek, Thank you for your reply. My zip code is 48654, Rose City, Mi

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Speak Directly With A Recruiter From PAM/Driver Solutions

Thank you for your reply Derek. I tried to fill out an application online, and it tells me, that I do not live in your hiring area, and that I need to relocate to one of your hiring areas.

Brett

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Speak Directly With A Recruiter From PAM/Driver Solutions

Do you hiring out f northern lower Michigan? And can I attended a local CDL truck driving SCHOOL? Or do I need to attend one of your sponsored schools?

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Swift speeding the trucks up!!

3 MPH more and now a pet policy, non aggressive breeds and under 40lbs. All swift needs now is APUs or inverters. Swift is definitely trying to recruit and retain more drivers.

Posted:  2 years ago

Thoughts on Pay Per Mile or Straight Pay per day

I really appreciate, your guys comments and opinions. I guess I need to get more info on Falcon. Falcon guy said It'll be over the road but I could be home on weekends if I wanted too, or could stay out longer if I wanted to. The only run certain areas nothing west Kansas City. Mostly Midwest and eastern US. I was kinda thinking the same thing about limiting myself on what I could make. I also just received a phone call from a Swift recruiter and he just sent me a pre hire letter. And Swift is offering .36 cpm to start off. I have little while to get this figured out. I have so excited tough choices to make. I appreciate this site and the info it has to offer.

Posted:  2 years ago

Thoughts on Pay Per Mile or Straight Pay per day

Hi everyone, this is a great site with a ton of great information. I'll be starting CDL School pretty soon. Ive even filling out applications on line and I've talked to a few recruiters. As of know I have two possible opportunities, so far. One is with Trans Am, which is OTR and starts at .32cpm. The other one is Falcon Transportation, and is OTR with mostley dedicated routes. Can be home on weekends or stay out longer. And the starting pay there is $160 a day, and if I stay out longer I would get $75 for the 34 hrs reset. What are your thoughts on the daily pay versus CPM? The daily pay would be consistent, and the CPM would obviously vary. Any thoughts or ideas is much appreciated.

Posted:  2 years ago

Any Company Drivers for Trans am Transportation Out There

Thank you for your reply. I've been reading lots of information on this wonderful site, for over 6months but just recently registered. I've been reading many of her post, they are very informative.

Posted:  2 years ago

Any Company Drivers for Trans am Transportation Out There

Hello everyone, Im starting CDL school at the end of Oct, and I have a job offer from Trans Am. I've read all kinds of bad reviews about Trans am, but it's been mostly about the lease program. I have no intentions of leasing, even though I've heard they push the lease program really hard,but I know better not to lease. I'm just looking to get as much experience as possible, and drive as many safe miles as possible for a rookie driver. I guess what information I'm looking for, what kind of miles can I expect? And how do they treat there company drivers? Do they give you the same opportunities to succeed, as they do to lease drivers? I know there's and lot things that factor into that. I know this is a performance based industry. LIke always being early to your appointments, being professional with everyone. Anyone out there a company driver, or past company driver? Any information is appreciated.